Original Poster

Earn over 50,000 Award Miles with Avis

You earn more driving a car than flying

Bonuses will be awarded on the following basis:
2nd qualifying rental = 2000 bonus Flying Blue Miles;
3rd qualifying rental = 5000 bonus Flying Blue Miles;
4th qualifying rental = 7500 bonus Flying Blue Miles;
5th qualifying rental = 14000 bonus Flying Blue Miles;
6th qualifying rental = 20000 bonus Flying Blue Miles.

These Accumulator bonuses in addition to the minimum standard Flying Blue Miles award of 500 Flying Blue Miles will equal a total award of at least 51,500 Flying Blue Miles for the 6 rentals.

T&Cs
http://www.avis-flyingblue.com/avis_...e_gd/terms.htm

http://www.avis-flyingblue.com/avis_...ue_gd/home.htm
Old Mar 31, 11, 5:52 pm

also posted in the Q2 thread in buzz
Old Mar 31, 11, 8:43 pm
hco

Programs: OZ *G
Better than buying miles

Where do you find the cheapest AVIS rentals? Not that I'm going there just to rent a car.... but anyway

In Korea there seems to be a lack of cheap rentals (no class A and B found with a quick search). Cheapest one I can find is for 205 USD/3day rental.

In Thailand I can rent for 131 USD/3day rental and in Sweden for 154 USD/3day rental.

Korea: 205*6/51500 * 100 = 2.4 cent/mile
Thailand: 131*6/51500 * 100 = 1.5 cent/mile
Sweden: 154*6/51500 * 100 = 1.8 cent/mile

(silver prices if it matters)

Reference for buying 50k of miles: 1770 USD.
1770/50000 *100 = 3.5 cent/mile....
Old Mar 31, 11, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
1st challenge for this : being successful to have "regular" FB points credited after a rental at Avis
Old Apr 1, 11, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hco View Post
Where do you find the cheapest AVIS rentals? Not that I'm going there just to rent a car.... but anyway

In Korea there seems to be a lack of cheap rentals (no class A and B found with a quick search). Cheapest one I can find is for 205 USD/3day rental.

In Thailand I can rent for 131 USD/3day rental and in Sweden for 154 USD/3day rental.

Korea: 205*6/51500 * 100 = 2.4 cent/mile
Thailand: 131*6/51500 * 100 = 1.5 cent/mile
Sweden: 154*6/51500 * 100 = 1.8 cent/mile

(silver prices if it matters)

Reference for buying 50k of miles: 1770 USD.
1770/50000 *100 = 3.5 cent/mile....
weekend rentals in the UK from non-airport locations is 40-50/3days
Old Apr 1, 11, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Platinum: KL Gold: A3 Rust: BA
Originally Posted by libuser View Post
also posted in the Q2 thread in buzz
I don't even know what that is, but as it's a Flying Blue related offer, then it most certainly should be posted here!

Thanks, Hannibal Lecter!
Old Apr 1, 11, 4:43 am

Programs: AFKL Gold, A3 Gold
I assume the keyword here is 'qualifying rental'.

Probably not the cheapest rentals can be used. I do not believe that 6 * ~35 euro would get you 50K miles. That would be 0.4 cents per mile, way less than what Avis has to pay to FB to hand out the miles.
Old Apr 1, 11, 5:09 am
hco

Programs: OZ *G
A thought just came to my mind - April 1st?
Old Apr 1, 11, 7:12 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Here are some things to note about this promotion.

- You must use a Flying Blue AWD to get the bonus miles. This could mean higher rates than you would normally pay and thus the bonus miles would be purchased and not free. I'm not knowledgeable on the value of FB miles. I'l leave that to others.

- Consecutive rentals are excluded. Read the T&C carefully. This could be a gotcha! I'm sure this item was put in to discourage someone from renting 3-days then another 3-days etc from the same location. But could this also cause problems with "consecutive" rentals at different locations?? I don't know. If I return an Avis car at one airport and then after landing pick up one at my destination airport could this be considered "consecutive"?

- This promo is not repeatable. Your first 6 rentals within the promo period will earn the bonuses but no bonus after that.

- If you booked before today, April 1, the rental does not qualify. So I would recommend looking into re-booking for any current reservations you hold.
Old Apr 1, 11, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 View Post
I don't even know what that is, but as it's a Flying Blue related offer, then it most certainly should be posted here!

Thanks, Hannibal Lecter!
I don't think libuser was saying that Hannibal's thread was misplaced. I think s/he was just letting anyone who follows car rental promos that it's been put in the latest thread on bonuses over in MilesBuzz.

Q2 2011 Car Rental Bonus Promos!

I've also linked this thread in that thread so discussion on this promo can stay here which is the most appropriate place.

Hannibal, +1 on the Thanks
Old Apr 1, 11, 8:23 am

Miles will be awarded or help me god small claims here I come.

Rentals here in Washington are DIRT cheap.
There is a coupon $15 off 3 days.
3 weekend days are $53 all in.
Minux $15 = $38 a/i.
So really good deal. Not to mention that you will rack some free rental days with this promo.

Already have 4 rentals lined up for the whole month of april. And where it says eligible they mean corporate locations. There have been many threads about this in the past.
Old Apr 1, 11, 8:56 am
Original Poster

The AVIS BA accumulator offer ended yesterday and I had 6 rentals within the
period, so this comes at the right time

The BA AWD gives a better discount but you only got a total of 9 000 miles,
the T&C's are similar but they have added some details i.e minimum 3 days and no consecutive rentals

http://www.avisba.com/avisonline/gb/...38,Accumulator

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Apr 1, 11 at 9:12 am
Old Apr 1, 11, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by libuser View Post
Miles will be awarded or help me god small claims here I come.

Rentals here in Washington are DIRT cheap.
There is a coupon $15 off 3 days.
3 weekend days are $53 all in.
Minux $15 = $38 a/i.
So really good deal. Not to mention that you will rack some free rental days with this promo.

Already have 4 rentals lined up for the whole month of april. And where it says eligible they mean corporate locations. There have been many threads about this in the past.
Please explain to me your math. The T&C state:

13. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other coupon, promotion or mileage offer.

So if you use a coupon to bring your cost down to $38 a/i how are you going to get the miles? Evan! confused.

Also, don't free rental days come when one DOESN'T use a coupon code? (and with some AWDs). I have used a coupon code in for every rental. It either earns miles or takes $ off the rate. I haven't earned a free rental day in quite some time.... maybe over a year.

What gives?
Old Apr 1, 11, 10:40 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UAPlat/Million Miler;Honnors Diamond,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Evan! View Post
The T&C state:

13. Offer may not be used in conjunction with any other coupon, promotion or mileage offer.

Also, don't free rental days come when one DOESN'T use a coupon code? (and with some AWDs). I have used a coupon code in for every rental. It either earns miles or takes $ off the rate. I haven't earned a free rental day in quite some time.... maybe over a year.

What gives?
I'll agree w/that. Avis sent me an email last fall stating if u do x more rentals by EOY, u requalify for 1st(whoopee) and we'll send you a free day cert as a thank-you. Early March I e-mailed them about free day cert to which they replied "not awarded on rentals used to get FFM/Pts". That policy has been if effect I think for 2 yrs now. BTW, if I go for this and I sign up for FB, what is the best redemption can I get out of 50K miles? Upgrade from any fare econo-biz TATL, perhaps?

Last edited by rustyr; Apr 1, 11 at 10:46 am
Old Apr 1, 11, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by rustyr View Post
I'll agree w/that. Avis sent me an email last fall stating if u do x more rentals by EOY, u requalify for 1st(whoopee) and we'll send you a free day cert as a thank-you. Early March I e-mailed them about free day cert to which they replied "not awarded on rentals used to get FFM/Pts". That policy has been if effect I think for 2 yrs now.
That was my thinking. But because of resources on FT and fatwallet I can usually get a great rate AND FF miles for these past 2 years. I wasn't sure if something had changed. I really don't think I can get any free rental days if I use a coupon to reduce the rate. I wish I were wrong.

Originally Posted by rustyr View Post
BTW, if I go for this and I sign up for FB, what is the best redemption can I get out of 50K miles? Upgrade from any fare econo-biz TATL, perhaps?
I have never followed the FB programme so your guess is as good as mine. My first thought was to use them for intra-European travel next time I cross the pond.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: