Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France/KLM lounge meeting thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2015, 1:50 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by kthpence
Thanks for the response - I land at 11:35AM at CDG, so perhaps that's too late for you, but in case it's not, I arrive at 2E and depart from 2F. Thanks.
Sorry, that's too late. And...I'm departing from 2E...
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:36 am

[REQ]

On Wednesday, April 29 I am arriving from KIX (AF291) at 16:45 - CDG 2E and have an almost 7 hour layover before flying to EZE (AF394) at 23:30 from the same terminal (CDG 2E).

If I were there earlier I'd go to Ibis to get a day room, but they are only available until 18:00 so this is out of question.

I could really use lounge after over 12 hours in economy and before 13 hour flight also in economy to BsAs. I would be forever indebted if someone could help out with lounge access or let me know if there is anywhere where I could pay at the door to get in at 2E.

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: Many
What a long journey

Should you not find someone to guest you, here is the information available on AF website :

FLYING BLUE SILVER AND IVORY
You can benefit from the privileged comfort of AIR FRANCE, KLM and Delta Airlines lounges in a growing number of destinations around the world*. Lounge entrance fees vary by airport location:
25 and 45 € in Europe, Asia, Pacific, the Middle East, Africa,
35 and 50 USD in the United States and Latin America,
30 and 50 CAD in Canada,
or 3,500 and 6,500 Miles depending on the zone.
* Subject to availability. These lounges are shared by AIR FRANCE, KLM and Delta.

List of airport lounges for international connections available for a fee:
- Europe: Amsterdam, Berlin, Frankfurt, London Heathrow, Munich, Paris-Charles de Gaulle (except La Première / First lounge and Terminal 2G lounge), Stuttgart and Zurich.
- North America (AIR FRANCE/KLM/Delta lounges): Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Jacksonville, Memphis, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, New Orleans, New York-JFK, New York-La Guardia, Portland, Raleigh, San Francisco, Seattle, Tampa, Toronto, Washington and West Palm Beach.
- Latin America (Air France lounges): Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo.
- Asia - Pacific (Delta lounge): Honolulu.
- Africa (Air France lounges): Douala and Johannesburg.
- Caribbean (Air France lounges): Fort-de-France and Pointe-à-Pitre.

http://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/common..._airfrance.htm
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
How long has the Air France website stated that Ivories can buy access?

The KLM website still states that only Silvers can buy access:

Originally Posted by KLM
Flying Blue Silver members can access the lounges in a growing number of destinations around the world* upon payment of a fee. Unfortunately it is not possible for Flying Blue Silver members to bring guests.
so, here we have a fairly major discrepancy between what AF says and what KL says, although they are talking about the same lounges.

I have never heard of Ivories being allowed to pay in. Either this is brand new, or it is a mistake on the AF website.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:04 am

I've noticed discrepancies between sites earlier and upon further investigation and contacting AF it turns out that I can't buy access as Ivory - need to be Silver to do it.

Thank you for your input though. I really appreciate.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Whoever is right or wrong (partly or totally), there is a growing number of lounges open to paid access to all pax. It has always been the case for DL lounges in the US. And remember the recent discussion about AF/KL lounge in BKK :
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...ounge-bkk.html

The AF BOS lounge has also been accessible to all pax for a fee since they open it.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:44 pm

[rq] 4/29 cdg 2e 17:00-22:30

Originally Posted by MichaelJapan
On Wednesday, April 29 I am arriving from KIX (AF291) at 16:45 - CDG 2E and have an almost 7 hour layover before flying to EZE (AF394) at 23:30 from the same terminal (CDG 2E).

If I were there earlier I'd go to Ibis to get a day room, but they are only available until 18:00 so this is out of question.

I could really use lounge after over 12 hours in economy and before 13 hour flight also in economy to BsAs. I would be forever indebted if someone could help out with lounge access or let me know if there is anywhere where I could pay at the . Thansdoor to get in at 2E.

Thanks in advance!
Last minute bump (I'm departing KIX in 19 hours) in case someone missed this [RQ] Thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:46 pm

Request 22-may-2015 / 11:30 - 14:30 / ams
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:27 am

FYI: you can't buy access as Ivory - tested 2 hours ago at 2E. They say the information on their website is incorrect, spoke to manager on duty (or however they call a person in charge over here).

Got in thx to a FT member a bit later. Forever grateful!
Old May 27, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Ahh I was really hoping to buy access tomorrow as an Ivory.
I'll be in CDG on May 28 around 9/930, flying from terminal 2F at 1300 if anyone could take pity on me

Cheers!
Old May 31, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: M&More FF - Finnair Plus - Flying Blue Gold - Westjet Gold
Hello,I have a connection in AMS around 1h30 PM on June 24, my next flight to YUL is scheduled at 3:20, it will be wonderful and very kind if someone grants me access to the KLM lounge in exchange of some Belgian chocolate .
Old May 31, 2015, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by MiniCore
in exchange of some Belgian chocolate .
Your chances will increase considerably if you replace the bit in bold with... a crate of Hoegaarden

G
Old May 31, 2015, 5:51 pm

FYI: you can't buy access as Ivory - tested 2 hours ago at 2E. They say the information on their website is incorrect, spoke to manager on duty (or however they call a person in charge over here).

Got in thx to a FT member a bit later. Forever grateful!
Awwww, that's a shame. I was also hoping to buy access. If anyone, by any chance, is flying through CDG 2E sometime between 5pm and 9pm on Monday June 29th and could sneak me in to one of the lounges, I would be forever grateful too. I've never seen a Air France lounge before, as I tend to fly with BA, so I would be incredibly curious to see what they are like.

Many thanks, J.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 2:48 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
FYI: you can't buy access as Ivory - tested 2 hours ago at 2E. They say the information on their website is incorrect, spoke to manager on duty (or however they call a person in charge over here).(..)
Update from French speaking website Voyageforum.

One Ivory member contacted AF by phone and was told he could not buy access, then after he mentioned the website was put on hold and told he could.

He went to the lounge in 2E K at 7 am (had a 9 hour connection) but was denied entry due to high occupancy and told to try again later.

Was eventually admitted at 11 am.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
Able to guest one for the next few days in PVG, SVO and VIE. For specific details please look at my entries in the spreadsheet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.