Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France/KLM lounge meeting thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2024, 5:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
DiamondSM Looks like both 747Jetter and I will be in at the end of the day, too late for you. If you have 9 hours to kill why not go to town instead, because 9h in Crown lounge sounds rather unpleasant.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 5:53 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Absolutely go out for 9 hours, Amsterdam, Leiden, Utrecht, whatever is better than 9 hours in the lounge (unless you plan to use the time by working remotely)
Old Feb 20, 2024, 5:54 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
DiamondSM Looks like both 747Jetter and I will be in at the end of the day, too late for you. If you have 9 hours to kill why not go to town instead, because 9h in Crown lounge sounds rather unpleasant.
I do really hope I will be there since it would mean I would make my connection. If not my wife will kill me. Announced Saturday evening that I have a trip starting on Sunday...PRG-TPE-KIX-BKK-HKG-AMS-VIE and my mother in law has birthday this following Saturday starting with lunch on the other side of the country. If this is my last post on FT you know what happened. But as you say, if I had 9 hours I would probably look on alternatives, if jet lagged, hotel room, if not, heading out to town like you proposed.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 6:55 am

Programs: Delta SM Diamond
I have to work in the same time.
The crown lounge is better than the airport...

If no lounge access, I will see if is hotel inside the airport.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 4:10 am

DiamondSM

My flight to Humerside got canned (yet again!), and i am on earlier flight now so can guest you at around 15:00 if you still need it.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 8:02 pm

DiamondSM

My flight to Humerside got canned (yet again!), and i am on earlier flight now so can guest you at around 15:00 if you still need it.

Sorry, Just see your message (possible I was in the YUL-CDG or CDG-AMS flight).
I take an upgrade from PE to J at 42,000 FB miles (this have give me also the access to the lounge).
New flight will be in J with Delta (but use my FB account), and this will push me in E+ with FB.
After Platinum for November or December... No more issue for lounge access...

But, thanks again for your offer it is appreciated.
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 8:33 pm

You're vwey welcome but for your upgrade Im afraid you will have to keep the W XP as uogrades do not earn xp
Old Feb 24, 2024, 10:49 am

You're vwey welcome but for your upgrade Im afraid you will have to keep the W XP as uogrades do not earn xp
Yes, I know this (NO XP for upgrade, If AF/KL want to "sell" more upgrade they can offer half of the XP).
But at least I have sleep about 8h in the AMS-TPE segment (I did not this if I will have flight in W...).
Old Feb 24, 2024, 12:52 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Hilton Diamond, Sixt Diamond, Hertz Platinum, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by 747jetter
PRG-TPE-KIX-BKK-HKG-AMS-VIE.
What in the world itinerary is this to do within 1 week?
Old Feb 25, 2024, 1:30 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by DuyT
What in the world itinerary is this to do within 1 week?
2 days in Kyoto, dinner in Bangkok and dinner in Hong Kong with friends. I am self employed and time is valued now way more than ever before for me. I had to be home on Saturday for wedding and then for another family occasion next Saturday. What else in the world I can do?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.