Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check-in at Air France 101: a guide for dummies

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2009, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Since I opened this thread some things have changed and I want to make sure Air France gets all the ^^^ they deserve for those changes (they get so much bad press these days, in the public).

Mobile phone boarding passes have now been rolled out to large parts of the network, and from my own experience they work like a charm. Used them on several flights from CDG and to CDG, never any problem at security controls, check-in, on the plane. ^

One thing to remember though if you don't want to be trapped: if you do the check-in on the PC and opt for "immediate printout" or "print BP to be sent to my email" but then fail to print out your BP, you *can* retrieve your CKI details on your mobile phone by just going through the CKI process on the mobile phone itself. BUT (!) the system will consider this a *new* check-in and therefore you have to stick to the CKI deadlines. It's another one of these typical AF half thought through things, but well, in the grand scheme of things this is a minor point in a context of a big improvement.

Let's hope for next steps: ability to CKI on mobile with choice of seat, and mobile CKI to systematically recognize Flying Blue number as ID for electronic ticket. And a somewhat more user-friendly and esthetic user interface, something like the iPhone apps developed by many airlines.

But for now: well done! This makes travel with AF a little less hasslesome.

Last edited by JOUY31; Nov 6, 2009 at 3:30 am Reason: comment on other FT members removed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.