Wiki Posts
Search

Rumour: no more Business Class on Air France European network

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2009, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by AshleyB
On the other hand AF (...) remains strong in N.Asia.
Sorry, what do you mean by "N. Asia"? Isn't North Asia basically Russian Siberia? Just curious.

Off the top of my head I cannot think of any part of Asia North of 30 degrees latitude (which would mean anything North of a line Cairo-Shanghai) where AF is particularly strong. There is PEK, Japan, Seoul, and Yerevan. Other than that, they don't fly anywhere, or do they (except that management goes to Pyongyang from time to time to get inspirations for customer service ) ? And in those markets, why would AF be particularly strong?

But maybe I just misread your post.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 6:46 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by creber
As they convinced that only cost cutting will save them, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually took the bad results as an excuse for drastic cuts.
Easy to blame the economical crisis...
Couldn't it be the other way round? Perhaps bad results are caused by the drastic cost cutting? (ie. passenger staying away because of deteriorating product and FT program) In that case this could be a downward spiral!

Last edited by JOUY31; Nov 12, 2009 at 3:46 pm Reason: [/ added to QUOTE clause for clarity
Old Nov 11, 2009, 7:38 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver, IHG Gold, RH VIP
AF is sinking deeper, whilst other airlines see a slow recovery...
Surely not BA...
Old Nov 11, 2009, 10:35 am

Programs: FB, OK+, MS, TK, Le Club, HH
Originally Posted by Cupart
Surely not BA...
Or BD, for that matter:

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/4605712/
Old Nov 11, 2009, 12:15 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Well, I am afraid it actually will be more cost-cutting.
Though it's evident the cost-cutting will be presented with a hefty dose of spin to make it look better (remember, the April 1st changes in the FFP were described as a way to make it easy to read how many miles one would get and to grant more benefits to high contributions pax), they may throw in some real improvements (on which their communication will focus).

I got a letter from their La Premire customer service early this week (dated November 4th) advertising a "new dimension of culinary experience" on long-haul flights, new tableware featuring the color of La Premiere (that aggressive red ???) and a new wine selection, starting December 1st.

This new breath illustrates, today more than ever, our commitment to further our efforts to reach excellence.

The letter (and accompanying leaflet) was unsurprisingly content-free : they change the glasses and renew the menus somewhat, ok, but no illustration is provided, and most of the leaflet emphasizes improvements already implemented for years, like the La Premiere seats which are dated by now...

I guess there might be some slight islands of actual improvements in the cost-cutting tsunami they started. My bodyguards are already excited to gawk at the new AF La Premire-branded silverware in the lounge.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 1:20 am

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
PHG is now talking, shut up and listen.

AF introduces 2 products: Voyageur (the basic and cheap product) and Premium (the flexible and full service (?) product). Premium will be more affordable than the former Tempo Challenge and Affaires fares. 20% cheaper on average.

Last edited by Falco Peregrinus; Nov 12, 2009 at 1:26 am
Old Nov 12, 2009, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
PHG is now talking, shut up and listen.

AF introduces 2 products: Voyageur (the basic and cheap product) and Premium (the flexible and full service (?) product). Premium will be more affordable than the former Tempo Challenge and Affaires fares. 20% cheaper on average.
see the also the new thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...il-2010-a.html
with ppt-presentation including all news from press conference

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.