Search

Benefits of FB silver

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2008, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Senator
Benefits of FB silver

Hey Guys,

Any chance to get an upgrade to Tempo Challenge if i am an FB silver?
Am i permitted to enter the lounge in CDG if i am an FB silver?

Thanks,
Gili
Old Dec 29, 2008, 8:59 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Short answer: no

Long answer: Silver benefits
Old Dec 29, 2008, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa Senator
Thanks

thanks
Old Dec 29, 2008, 9:27 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Miles&More Senator, bmi Diamond Club Silver, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG
You do get those 5 extra kilos of checked luggage though. Just what your friends and family need.. one of those GIANT oversized Toblerones from Duty Free!
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold (RIP), TK Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, IC RA, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by giliw
Not even Platinum members get that
Old Dec 30, 2008, 4:57 am

Programs: Skywards, KrisFlyer, Flying Blue, BAEC but only till I’ve used all my Avios, Thai Orchid
Originally Posted by giliw
Hey Guys,

Am i permitted to enter the lounge in CDG if i am an FB silver?

Thanks,
Gili
The only time I've known an FB Silver to get access to the lounges at CDG is if they have been travelling on a full fare flexi ticket (in the instances I know of, that was travelling Y). In those cases the lounge access was allowed for the outbound leg only of a return departing from CDG, and not the return. A few of my fellow travellers have done this; not sure whether or not as an Ivory this also works, or even if it's still possible (I know it was until August this year) perhaps others in the forum have similar experiences they can share...

Not really applicable for you I guess because in your case travelling Y you'd already be in TC and not be looking to upgrade, but maybe a useful bit of info for other peeps.

Cheers

Sim
Old Feb 19, 2009, 1:16 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator Gold, Flying Blue Gold , Hilton HHonours Gold, BA Club Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Just to share my experiences, I was travelling CDG - EDI yesterday evening with FB silver and a Y class ticket (AF site said Tempo, not Tempo Challenge).

I was politely but firmly refused entry to the lounge in 2E.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 1:34 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by blairk2
Just to share my experiences, I was travelling CDG - EDI yesterday evening with FB silver and a Y class ticket (AF site said Tempo, not Tempo Challenge).

I was politely but firmly refused entry to the lounge in 2E.
To have access to the lounge in CDG, you would need an Y-fare or an S-fare (full fare), not only an Y class ticket.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 4:34 am

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
I am Silver and I have been upgraded from Tempo to Tempo Challenge twice last week.
I flown from CDG to Budapest.

Even if already had checked online I get new boarding cards and a voucher for entry the lounge.

I received the same service for the inbound flight and could access teh Malev lounge in Budapest.

I think the upgrade is linked with my flight pattern: I already have 3 retourn flight booken on AF.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 4:57 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
I've been thinking the same thing re my own recent high %age of ups to TC; or maybe (he said, optimistically ) AF are responding to the -ve impact of the announced AFD changes, and trying to woo back their "most valued customers."
Old Feb 19, 2009, 8:05 am

Programs: Skywards, KrisFlyer, Flying Blue, BAEC but only till I’ve used all my Avios, Thai Orchid
Perhaps that is indeed the case Henry III!

In the last 2 weeks, I've had 2 upgraded legs. Both have been from Tempo to Affaires, one outbound CDG WAW and the other inbound LHR CDG. In the previous 3 years I've not had a single upgrade and in the last 2 weeks I've suddenly had 2.

That said on another very recent STR CDG leg I was in booked in "C" anyway, and was also the only "C" pax. On that flight the FA's didn't bother to close the curtain to Affaires, some of the TC pax "moved up" during the flight and sat part of the flight in Affaires and the FA's stayed up front with their curtains closed and didn't bat an eyelid....

Whatever is happening at AF, it's all truly bizarre.

Sim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.