Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 classes intra-Europe?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2008, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I think what happened to me was that I was given a Tempo Challenge seat although it was Tempo service. We had a sandwich (even though the GA kept saying I was given an upgrade to Tempo Challenge)...it appears there was no Tempo Challenge on this flight and champagne is simply offered to desiring pax in the rows immediately behind Affaires.

This also explains how on other Tempo Challenge flights I was offered a fully prewrapped tray meal. Also noteworthy...they did not close the mini-curtain on my CDG-STR flight, another indication that this was simply considered Tempo despite the GA going on and on about how I had received an upgrade to Tempo Challenge (I wanted a window, there werent any in TC, but there were in Tempo,...I accepted the upgraded aisle for the service).
Old Mar 23, 2008, 9:52 am

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
(also prewrapped why cant the PNC unwrap it before serving!!!)
For hygiene reasons, I believe.
Does Tempo ever receive a small sandwich intra-Europe or always the sucre or sale choice if it is under 2h55?
Some longer flights like CDG-MAD (under 2h55 however) get a cold meal in Tempo that looks a bit like a simplified Tempo Challenge meal but with no cheese and no bread in the prewrapped tray. Bred is served separately (usually when PNC have finished the meal service and go back to the front rows to offer bread, just to find out that passengers are done with their meals and don't need bread anymore ).

Last edited by Falco Peregrinus; Mar 23, 2008 at 10:01 am
Old Mar 23, 2008, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JOUY31
That was part of the agreement between management and the unions when AF negotiated a decrease in the number of flight attendants by one onboard some medium-haul flights. (Not that I agree with the overall decrease in service level that was implemented at the time ).
Funny...I was wondering if unions had anything to do with it....and this is so sad because it spells out how the PNC have ZERO pride in the premium product they are offering their customers. If they want to keep their jobs they need to provide a premium service to those that are mostly covering their salaries instead of arguing over minute details about removing plastic. How sad!

Last edited by JOUY31; Mar 23, 2008 at 12:25 pm Reason: [/quote] clause added for clarity
Old Mar 26, 2008, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Prem Plat
SVO-DTW in AF Business?

I'll be flying on an award business class ticket from SVO-DTW on AF and NWA in April. The AF segment is on an A319. What can I expect for this flight? The flight time is nearly 4hrs, but there's no mention on the AF website whether or not these planes have true business or first class seats or what the meal/entertainment offerings are. Any help would be really appreciated ^
Old Mar 29, 2008, 8:21 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Funny...I was wondering if unions had anything to do with it....and this is so sad because it spells out how the PNC have ZERO pride in the premium product they are offering their customers. If they want to keep their jobs they need to provide a premium service to those that are mostly covering their salaries instead of arguing over minute details about removing plastic. How sad!
SkyTeam777

I am usually quite critical about labour unions and work attitude in general in France (basically, for large parts of the "working" population the only moment when they actually do something is when they go on strike. Other than that, passive and indifferent to customers and reality around them). However, on this one, I must take their defence and I'd like to point out that the FAs actually have some pride. I remember FAs protesting against the new premium service when it was introduced. They actually mentioned to passengers how they felt ashamed to provide that cheap a service.

Ironic though that the way to express that disagreement was to go on strike!!
Old Jan 31, 2009, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31
That was part of the agreement between management and the unions when AF negotiated a decrease in the number of flight attendants by one onboard some medium-haul flights. (Not that I agree with the overall decrease in service level that was implemented at the time ).

Catering used to be different between Tempo Challenge and L'Espace Affaires. Tempo Challenge had the Tempo catering plus free Champagne & digestifs. There was also, IIRC, a difference in the minimum flight duration for hot meals (2h vs 1h40). I remember the food was quite good in l'Espace. With the decrease in service level, it was necessary to raise the level of catering in Tempo Challenge to the level of food in l'Espace. But what actually happened was the lowering of the level of catering in l'Espace Affaires to match the Tempo Challenge offering. So customers in Tempo Challenge were, in a way, less affected than those flying l'Espace for whom the price remained exactly the same, while the decrease in service level was significant.

In my personal experience, except for the wines on flights over 2h55 and the pre take-off drink, catering is now the same in Tempo Challenge and l'Espace Affaires.

I've had a sandwich at lunchtime between GVA and CDG in Tempo just a few weeks ago.

What about the meal in the Paris - Lissabon flight in business class/affaires? Is this a hot or cold meal? Flight duration is 2.30 hours. Thnx.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 6:24 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Sebas21
What about the meal in the Paris - Lissabon flight in business class/affaires? Is this a hot or cold meal? Flight duration is 2.30 hours. Thnx.
Cold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.