Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more l'Occitane amenities at 2C arrival lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2006, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
No more l'Occitane amenities at 2C arrival lounge?

It looks like the nice l'Occitane amenities (shower gel, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, green tea cologne) are a thing of the past. The amenity kit now contains an anonymous and fragranceless solid deodorant, "made in China", and the pink shower gel comes from a refillable dispenser located in the shower cabin.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
noticed the same thing last Saturday. Oh well, still a nice lounge.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 8:43 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Krisflyer Gold, Die-hard Saint's fan !
Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
It looks like the nice l'Occitane amenities (shower gel, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, green tea cologne) are a thing of the past. The amenity kit now contains an anonymous and fragranceless solid deodorant, "made in China", and the pink shower gel comes from a refillable dispenser located in the shower cabin.
Indeed. I really liked them. Some people say "Clarins" products will be introduced in January '07. I'll check that on the 21st of jan, for my first visit to the arrival lounge of the new year...
Old Dec 30, 2006, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
The amenity kit now contains an anonymous and fragranceless solid deodorant, "made in China", and the pink shower gel comes from a refillable dispenser located in the shower cabin.
another "enhancement"
Old Dec 30, 2006, 8:51 am

Programs: AF&KL FB(P), LX M&M, IB+
Originally Posted by Serpentos
Indeed. I really liked them. Some people say "Clarins" products will be introduced in January '07. I'll check that on the 21st of jan, for my first visit to the arrival lounge of the new year...
please report here on your findings
Old Dec 31, 2006, 11:10 pm

Programs: FB Gold; PC Plat.
This is a tragedy. I was hooked on these little bottles of l'Occitane deodorant.

So, no smoking section, no l'Occitane... sheesh, these lounges are getting less and less attractive.
Old Jan 1, 2007, 4:26 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Originally Posted by Meriem
This is a tragedy. I was hooked on these little bottles of l'Occitane deodorant.
The one place I keep seeing L'Occitane toiletries is in the MH golden lounge in KUL. And like you, I'm addicted to them

I'm so happy I can earn at least award miles for MH trips on FB - they have a lot of quite cheap D discounted biz fares that are quite nice, and quite competitive to SQ Y fares. My short haul asiapac flights rarely get to be over 6K miles (x2 for status) so it is worth the loss in EQMs as I end up flying C instead of Y on MH for those routes.
Old Jan 1, 2007, 8:06 am

Programs: FB Gold; PC Plat.
Originally Posted by hserus
The one place I keep seeing L'Occitane toiletries is in the MH golden lounge in KUL. And like you, I'm addicted to them

I'm so happy I can earn at least award miles for MH trips on FB - they have a lot of quite cheap D discounted biz fares that are quite nice, and quite competitive to SQ Y fares. My short haul asiapac flights rarely get to be over 6K miles (x2 for status) so it is worth the loss in EQMs as I end up flying C instead of Y on MH for those routes.
Darn, that's almost good enough a reason for a mileage run, isn't it ?
Old Jan 4, 2007, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Darn, the liquid Nazi's at AMS confiscated all my L'Occitane leftovers from that lounge so I was looking forward to another trip to CDG to restock.

(Apparently, my zip-loc bag was larger than "regulation" at AMS so they confiscated EVERYTHING even though all were under 3 oz and in a clear, zip bag that has been fine at many other airports!)
Old Jan 9, 2007, 9:27 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
The amenity kit now contains an anonymous and fragranceless solid deodorant, "made in China", and the pink shower gel comes from a refillable dispenser located in the shower cabin.
It was the same at the showers of 2E Lounge on the 4th january 2007
Old Jan 9, 2007, 12:16 pm

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Silver
I have a quick, semi-relevant question...

On the AF web site, it says Golds/Plats can use the arrival lounge when arriving "on an international Skyteam flight arriving in Paris CDG Terminal 2C."

So does an elite flyer really have to be arriving into 2C to use the arrival lounge? Are they denied access if their flight arrived into Terminal 2E or 2F, for instance?
Old Jan 9, 2007, 1:59 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Krisflyer Gold, Die-hard Saint's fan !
Originally Posted by RaysFan31
I have a quick, semi-relevant question...

On the AF web site, it says Golds/Plats can use the arrival lounge when arriving "on an international Skyteam flight arriving in Paris CDG Terminal 2C."

So does an elite flyer really have to be arriving into 2C to use the arrival lounge? Are they denied access if their flight arrived into Terminal 2E or 2F, for instance?
No.
I often go there after TATL flights that arrived in 2E, or from NRT that usually arrived in 2F. I even never noticed that strange sentence...
Old Apr 9, 2007, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

posting live from the 2C arrival lounge. the amenity kit now contains: L'occitane conditioner, body lotion and the green tea cologne are back ^

the deodorant is still no-name
Old Apr 9, 2007, 8:52 am

chris, when did you leave the lounge??? I must have just missed you, arrived from Atlanta and was in the arrivals lounge aroudn 11.20 am or so.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by f4free
chris, when did you leave the lounge??? I must have just missed you, arrived from Atlanta and was in the arrivals lounge aroudn 11.20 am or so.
we left @ 11h40

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.