Wiki Posts
Search

F Lounge + car to plane at CDG?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2006, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
F Lounge + car to plane at CDG?

A while ago, there were a number of threads which suggested they would create a new First Class lounge at CDG (maybe in 2e) with chauffeur service to the plane. I think Albireo suggested this service might be available in November. Well, it is now November, and I haven't noticed anything posted recently about these plans. Has anyone heard anything?

Last edited by You want to go where?; Nov 17, 2006 at 2:57 pm Reason: adding question mark to title
Old Nov 17, 2006, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by You want to go where?
A while ago, there were a number of threads which suggested they would create a new First Class lounge at CDG (maybe in 2e) with chauffeur service to the plane. I think Albireo suggested this service might be available in November. Well, it is now November, and I haven't noticed anything posted recently about these plans. Has anyone heard anything?
no nothing at all. maybe those new safety regulations and the move of all USA-flights to E-Terminal are a reason for that "delay"
Old Nov 20, 2006, 9:28 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by You want to go where?
Excuse me? Air France making a significant improvement to the pre-flight experience? Keep on dreaming...

Probably the bus drivers will go on strike because the guys in the cars are allowed to drive faster than them, or something similar of that kind.

Be lucky if your find yourself flying from a terminal that has a separate line for FlyingBlue status cards and F/C passengers. That's about all there is.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 9:37 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Well, it was actually what a senior AF representative told over lunch to a group of FTers as something AS was working on. As chrissxb explained it, the transfer of most US bound flights to 2E has probably led AF and ADP to defer this plan until more terminal space becomes available, hopefully with S3 (April-November 2007) rather than the re-opening of the entire 2E facilities (summer 2008).

In any case, only one third of 2E was opened when part of the roof of the boarding area collapsed, with the full opening being scheduled at that time for summer ... 2006.

Last edited by JOUY31; Nov 20, 2006 at 10:55 am
Old Nov 23, 2006, 4:57 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, ET Gold, M&M FTL, UA Silver, EY Silver, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by creber
Excuse me? Air France making a significant improvement to the pre-flight experience? Keep on dreaming...
I actually spent 1.5 hours in the (close) lounge in 2E (i.e. the one that you don't need to go to via bus) - it is a definite improvement from the 2F lounge - plenty of room to work, free internet on the AF Macs and extremely spacious. I thought it was great...

Now if only AZ would do something about their non-Schengen lounge I would be really happy. But that's for another discussion
Old Nov 23, 2006, 11:40 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
Last time when I came back from HKG in C (September) the deplaning was by bus. For the first time in my experience the first bus was only reserved to C pax. Also I notice that a few of the F pax had a car to pick them up from the plane (not all of them at leat one was with us in the C bus). Still that was an improvement as before the first bus was fully packed of C class and the first row of Y
Old Nov 23, 2006, 2:29 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Star Alliance Silver
Originally Posted by amenachem
I actually spent 1.5 hours in the (close) lounge in 2E (i.e. the one that you don't need to go to via bus) - it is a definite improvement from the 2F lounge - plenty of room to work, free internet on the AF Macs and extremely spacious. I thought it was great...
+1 ^ (I spent 3 hours there)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.