Wiki Posts
Search

CDG - MAA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott-Plat, Hilton-Silver
CDG - MAA

First time AF flier here. Currently CO Gold, this AF flight will get me PLAT on CO.

Flying this coming December to MAA, anyone have any comments or suggestions for this flight? What to expect on AF? Flying in COACH but will have to deal with it..

Spending the day in Paris on the outbound..

No chance for upgrade being CO Gold, right?
Old Nov 17, 2006, 3:05 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
CDG-MAA is usually heavily overbooked so you're likely to get a pretty decent chance of an op-up and the plane is a newish 340.

Ask for an exit row at any rate .. you should get it.

You'll arrive really late at night at MAA - most hotels have courtesy coaches for airport transfer (the Le Meridien, Radisson and Hilton are quite close to the airport). If you're going elsewhere, staying with friends / relatives etc, there are three prepaid taxi operators just past the luggage belts as soon as you exit the terminal. The "Akbar Travels" booth has a good choice of cars (tata indica subcompacts / indigo sedans / toyota qualis SUVs), air conditioned. The other taxi guy has broken-down old Amabassador cars, without aircon [though that shouldnt be a big problem, december can get cold and rainy in MAA]

Originally Posted by jdls22
First time AF flier here. Currently CO Gold, this AF flight will get me PLAT on CO.

Flying this coming December to MAA, anyone have any comments or suggestions for this flight? What to expect on AF? Flying in COACH but will have to deal with it..

Spending the day in Paris on the outbound..

No chance for upgrade being CO Gold, right?
Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott-Plat, Hilton-Silver
Originally Posted by hserus
CDG-MAA is usually heavily overbooked so you're likely to get a pretty decent chance of an op-up and the plane is a newish 340.

Ask for an exit row at any rate .. you should get it.

You'll arrive really late at night at MAA - most hotels have courtesy coaches for airport transfer (the Le Meridien, Radisson and Hilton are quite close to the airport). If you're going elsewhere, staying with friends / relatives etc, there are three prepaid taxi operators just past the luggage belts as soon as you exit the terminal. The "Akbar Travels" booth has a good choice of cars (tata indica subcompacts / indigo sedans / toyota qualis SUVs), air conditioned. The other taxi guy has broken-down old Amabassador cars, without aircon [though that shouldnt be a big problem, december can get cold and rainy in MAA]
Op-Up? Please explain..

Already have my seat assigned, I guess the Exit Row would have to be assigned day of travel? If not I will call up and see if it is available..
Old Nov 17, 2006, 7:44 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Originally Posted by jdls22
Op-Up? Please explain..

Already have my seat assigned, I guess the Exit Row would have to be assigned day of travel? If not I will call up and see if it is available..
Op-up - if economy is full or overbooked, business and first have lighter loads, they'd upgrade you to business. I doubt if they'd complimentary upgrade to the extent Delta or Continental does - depends more on plane loads.

Exit row - I've seen that request work sometimes. Anyway you could probably bag the seat during online checkin if you do it early enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.