Wiki Posts
Search

Preferred seating for FB Plats with AF

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2006, 3:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, SPG Gold
Preferred seating for FB Plats with AF

OK, so more than once I have tried to get preferred seating and have found that it is full or only available at the airport or I get the row just behind the bulkhead, which hardly seems preferred. What does a FB Plat, supposedly AF's most valuable customers, have to do to actually secure an aisle seat in an exit row or bulkhead?? Is there a way these seats are allocated, or some mysterious rule I am not understanding? My company does not allow us to fly in C so I fly Y only (unless I am lucky enough to get an op-up) and preferred seating and lounge access are the main benefits for me of elite status. Any suggestions on how to increase the likelihood of getting a good seat??
Old Nov 16, 2006, 4:46 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
It depends on the aircrafts. Usually it is possible to get bulkhead seats on 772s but they are always blocked on the 773s. For the 332 and 343 and depends on the destinations but most of the time they are blocked.
This is mostly due to the fact that those seats are assigned in priority to pax travelling with babies and therefore they free up only at the last minute at the airport.

Preferred seating on AF means basically seat at the front of the cabin

The other way of increasing your chance are to to an online checkin 24 hours before your long hall flight.
It worked well for me on 772s but for the 773 they where still blocked
Old Nov 16, 2006, 9:15 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
The only sweet sport when it comes to preferred seating on AF is in Y on the 744 NEV. This enables you to pre-reserve a seat on the upper deck, with better pitch and more personalized service.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 4:37 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, ET Gold, M&M FTL, UA Silver, EY Silver, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold
Try the lounges. Usually when I fly from Europe to Israel on AF and don't start in CDG, the "preferred seating" I get is the middle seat of the last row (with no recline) on the anyhow not so comfortable 320. When I saw this happened again last night going from MXP-CDG-TLV, during my lounge time, I asked for a different seat and they gave me an aisle with a row to myself (the plane was far from full, but I think I was the only one sitting by myself).

BTW - another tip for the 320 I discovered by accident - if you happen to have the middle seat clear, there's a button at the underside of the armrests that pivot the armrest into the middle seat giving you instant "business class" seating All you're missing is the hot food in Tempo Challenge / Affaires.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.