Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alcohol Policy in Y

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2006, 2:34 pm

Programs: FB, HH, EB & Choice
I'm normally too concerned with the dehydration issue to drink more than one or two drinks, but on a flight to Montreal there was an acquaintance of mine who seemed determined to drink as many Gin Tonics as he could. I eventually asked the FA what they thought about it, and she shrugged and said "one drink at at time".

This was on KLM - would that be true for AF?

Jerene
(clueless as to AF Y - but that champagne in C is nice for a cooler with juice. please hate me )
Old Jul 19, 2006, 2:35 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Serpentos
YOu really care JOUY31 ? I mean, you happen to fly Y ????
Unfortunately, this happens from time to time. I sometimes travel in N class, too !
Old Jul 31, 2006, 3:14 pm

Programs: CO Elite
Does AF have a charge for wine, beer, and other alcoholic beverages on short (2 hours) flights within Europe? This would be for the cheap seats in back of the plane. Thanks. j
Old Jul 31, 2006, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Jay B
Does AF have a charge for wine, beer, and other alcoholic beverages on short (2 hours) flights within Europe? This would be for the cheap seats in back of the plane. Thanks. j
No, it's all free.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 4:05 am

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by layz
No, it's all free.
Except for Champagne, which used to be available at a charge in Tempo on medium-haul flights, but this is no longer available, and digestifs, which have been discontinued in Tempo Challenge and l'Espace on medium-haul flights for some time now, after a temporary suspension.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 1:52 pm

Programs: CO Elite
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Except for Champagne, which used to be available at a charge in Tempo on medium-haul flights, but this is no longer available, and digestifs, which have been discontinued in Tempo Challenge and l'Espace on medium-haul flights for some time now, after a temporary suspension.
AF Tempo sounds much nicer than most of the US airlines I am used to flying. $5 for a glass of bad wine, $10 for an inedible sandwich, etc. An extra glass of free beer will make me forget about the lack of Champagne or digestifs.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by JOUY31

I find this very unevenly applied. I've been served Champagne (free) in Y on short-hauls - but more often not. I've also been experienced no Champagne available in C on a short-haul (VIE) from CDG in the morning.

Last edited by Braniff; Aug 4, 2006 at 11:05 am Reason: Added last sentence on Champagne in C
Old Aug 8, 2006, 9:35 pm

Jouy31 do you travel on AF or do you work for AF ?
Old Aug 8, 2006, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by fly33
Jouy31 do you travel on AF or do you work for AF ?
I travel often both for professional purposes (conferences, meetings) not related in any way to air transport, and for personal pleasure. As you can see in my profile and posts, I travel mostly with AF and BA, somewhat less with LH/OS (not enough with CX ) and am lucky enough to choose how I manage my hotel stays.

Maintaining elite status with several frequent flyer or frequent guest programs is key for me. It allows me:
- to choose the best service provider at a given time, in a given market, more so for hotels than for airlines
- to enjoy greater flexibility in my travel arrangements, with a lot of changes of schedules and re-routes across different airlines
- to have a better benchmark of services offered and a better understanding of the different trade-offs and balances struck by various service providers (FWIW, I have also flown A3, AM, AY, AZ, BD, CY, DB, DC, DE, DL, EF, IW, JK, KL, LG, LT, MH, NH, OA, OK, OZ, SK, TG, TW, TX, U2, UA, US, VO, WM and YS)

But more important than all that, I consider myself lucky to be able to travel often to a wide selection of destinations, although I may not be a true roadwarrior such as the ones you can find on many FT boards.

And yes, I do enjoy my flights, I do enjoy flying with AF , and no, I do not work for the travel industry in general, directly or indirectly, nor for AF specifically.

mmm ... aren't we moving somewhat off topic ?

Last edited by JOUY31; Aug 9, 2006 at 3:13 am
Old Aug 11, 2006, 2:12 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
i had only one tempo challenge flight... CDG PRG at 07:35 last month. there was no champagne, no alcoholic drinks, why not, it's breakfast time, galley capacity is limited etc... BUT, even in full fare Y, it was not possible to get more than the 15 cl of Tropicana placed on the tray. the only cold drink available was water!
Old Aug 12, 2006, 11:57 am

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
I was on the early CDG/IAD flight on 8/9 in J. About half way through the flight, I walked to the back of the Y cabin and there were two bottles of the same champagne served in J at the Y bar--only white wine and cognac out in J, but I'm sure they would have gotten me anything I had requested. Everyone in Y seemed perfectly happy. On the flight from TRN/CDG, they had the champagne flowing in "l'Espace." Everytime my glass was empty, a flight attendant appeared to pour me another. Great flights, great cabin service.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 1:09 pm

Programs: Skymiles SM
Flying to NRT from ZYR trough CDG second half of September.

I was checking the flights and paradoxically enough its cheaper to take the High speed train at Brussels South train station(ZYR) get a full service bullet train ride to CDG(snack and drinks service, ussually get two bottles of wine on that 1 hour and 5 minutes ride) and then take the flight from CDG to NRT then it is to book the CDG to NRT flights alone.

Perfect for me as I live in Belgium, save money get 1250 extra skymiles and get over 50$ worth of drinks(if I would be flying on Delta).

The drinks help me sleep on the long haul flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.