FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Alcohol Policy in Y (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/580254-alcohol-policy-y.html)

RamAir Jul 18, 2006 7:40 am

Alcohol Policy in Y

I know AF gives complimentary alcoholic beverages with the meal service. If you want an alcoholic drink before or after the meal serice, is there a fee? Or does AF give free drinks throughout the flight?
Thanks,
SR

Fishie Jul 18, 2006 11:49 am

Originally Posted by RamAir
I know AF gives complimentary alcoholic beverages with the meal service. If you want an alcoholic drink before or after the meal serice, is there a fee? Or does AF give free drinks throughout the flight?
Thanks,
SR

Never had a problem asking for more.
They even have champagne in economy.

RamAir Jul 18, 2006 2:00 pm

Nice! Thanks for the info. Is the Champagne is a mini bottle like the wines are or do they pour it?
Thanks!

Sfo-Dub-Commuter Jul 18, 2006 2:31 pm

re:Champagne in AF eco

In economy it was poured from reg. bottles and a bottle was open for self pour in the help yourself snack beverage area along the side of the galley.

Sfo-Dub-Commuter Jul 18, 2006 2:34 pm

Sure they will give ya drinks for free

Just ask or go to the back and they'll serve you from the galley
:p I think the food, presentation and service is exceptional in spite of the complaints re: attitude. Personally I thought many of the FA were stunning and very poised.

RamAir Jul 18, 2006 5:57 pm

SFO-CDG is over 10.5 hours right? I think they set up an area for food & drinks on flights over 10.5 hours only. I don't think they will have a spot set up in the galley on my JFK-CDG flight.
SR

Sfo-Dub-Commuter Jul 18, 2006 6:43 pm

re:snacks AF

In the 10.5 hr flight there are sandies and icecream for snacks.In ECONOMY. For CDG-JFK I'm sure there is a snack served.Check ahead
or someone will now here hopefully.

In Bus Class Affaires there is a buffet set up. Still light snacks light desserts, & more champagne etc ^ .

cfischer Jul 18, 2006 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Sfo-Dub-Commuter
In the 10.5 hr flight there are sandies and icecream for snacks.In ECONOMY. For CDG-JFK I'm sure there is a snack served.Check ahead
or someone will now here hopefully.

In Bus Class Affaires there is a buffet set up. Still light snacks light desserts, & more champagne etc ^ .

I would say that unlimited free Champagne during the flight in Y is not the standard procedure. Generally you will get a glass maybe two before dinner and that's it. You can get wine/beer afterwards but I would doubt that they put out Champagne bottles routinely for CDG-NYC flights. In C that is a different story :) .

Steve Fenton Jul 19, 2006 5:01 am

I thought KL policy was to serve the food clear everything away and hide the crew in their bunks so if you are caught out of your seat needing a drink or food they will simply bawl you out and make you sit down as they dont want you out fo your seats.

In C class they usually keep things moving as it usually family and friends of the crew in there .

OP was asking and it was assumed this is a long haul flight but imagine him expecting this kind of service on the AMS BRU flight

KLouis Jul 19, 2006 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Steve Fenton
I thought KL policy ..... on the AMS BRU flight

Careful Steve, this is the AF forum, KL is one down the menu! :)

Pauillac Jul 19, 2006 6:43 am

In Y alcohol is not directly available from the buffet at the rear of the plane this is only in C where you have an open bottle of champagne. However if you ask the FA you won't have any problem to get Wine, beer Cognac Poire William. As for the Champagne it will depend on the good willingness of the FA. If they already empty all the champagne bottle from the prevous service they might not open a new one for you. On several occasion they did however brought me a glass from C ^ ^ but this really depends on the FA.

Coming back yesterday from PVG I asked at the back for a Cognac (my best way to sleep) the answer was how do you want it sir a single or double shot ^ ^ ^ .

JOUY31 Jul 19, 2006 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Pauillac
In Y alcohol is not directly available from the buffet at the rear of the plane this is only in C where you have an open bottle of champagne. However if you ask the FA you won't have any problem to get Wine, beer Cognac Poire William. As for the Champagne it will depend on the good willingness of the FA. If they already empty all the champagne bottle from the prevous service they might not open a new one for you. On several occasion they did however brought me a glass from C ^ ^ but this really depends on the FA.

Coming back yesterday from PVG I asked at the back for a Cognac (my best way to sleep) the answer was how do you want it sir a single or double shot ^ ^ ^ .

I love Poire Williams ;) . Just try asking for it on BA, even in F. ;) :td: Do they still also have Mirabelle in Y ?

Klm is Dead - Long Live KLM Jul 19, 2006 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Pauillac

Does this mean you got a triple? :eek:

Seriously, my experience on both the AF & KL brands is that I will be proactively offered more free alcohol than I can drink in C and will have easy access to more free alcohol than I can drink in Y. I must look like I need a drink. Or maybe they just want to get me drunk so I will shut up and go to sleep.

Pauillac Jul 19, 2006 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Klm is Dead - Long Live KLM
Or maybe they just want to get me drunk so I will shut up and go to sleep.

FA on AF have a saying

"Passager qui dort, passager en or"

If I try to translate it it is something like

"Sleeping passenger, golden passenger"

Serpentos Jul 19, 2006 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31
I love Poire Williams ;) . Just try asking for it on BA, even in F. ;) :td: Do they still also have Mirabelle in Y ?

YOu really care JOUY31 ? I mean, you happen to fly Y ???? :confused:
;)