Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2008, 7:54 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by mattlim76
Hi everyone

I have a flight departing at 8:25am to NYC-JFK from CDG in terminal 2E. Would it be enough time for me to check in if i arrived at the aeroport CDG 2 TGV-RER railway station at 6:05am? Thanks for ur help!!!

Kindest Regards

Matthew
Definitely Walking time between the TGV-RER railway station to 2E check-in desks : < 10mn

Enjoy your flights !
Old Feb 11, 2008, 12:29 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List
Originally Posted by JOUY31
That's a very tight connection, especially because the airside shuttle runs clockwise going from 2E to 2F via 2C, 2A and 2B. It will really depend a lot on your actual arrival time in the 2E building....
Thanks very much! I will definitely walk if I don't get the special shuttle.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 11:21 am

Programs: FB Club 2000, M&M Hon
I will be flying AMS-(AF)-CDG-(AF)-YUL. Is walking the best and most fast way (security check and passportcontrol to leave Schengen) from 2E to 2F?

Is smoking still allowed in the Air France lounge(s) at CDG?

Last edited by JOUY31; Feb 11, 2008 at 11:41 am
Old Feb 11, 2008, 11:40 am

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by tgv2
I will be flying AMS-(AF)-CDG-(AF)-YUL. Is walking the best and most fast way (security check and passportcontrol to leave Schengen) from 2E to 2F?
Yes, it is.

I am afraid not.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by tgv2
The whole country is non-smoking now!
Old Feb 11, 2008, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA: MM
OK, Here's a silly question...

Last November I flew IAH-CDG-AMS and during the layover in CDG I decided to check out the Petroleum Club Lounge at the Sofitel. (Not really a big deal...) I must have cleared customs and immigration to do that, right? (That's the silly questions; I honestly don't remember anything like a regular immigration check and I only use a carryon, so I didn't go through the luggage retrieval hall. I do remember being mildly surprised when I walked outside to catch the bus to the hotel.)

Now, a couple of less silly questions.

I’ll be flying roundtrip IAH-CDG-CAI in March. Connecting from:

CO 10 (TERM A) to AF 508 (TERM E)
and
AF 521 (TERM E?) to CO 12 (TERM A) on the return all in Y.

I’ve seen some posting on going landside and walking; is this possible Terminal A to Terminal E? If not, does the Petroleum Club “Priority access to high contribution transfer desks” help with the airside process? (I can’t really sort out what the benefit means…)

Will I be able to use the lounge in Terminal E (ST Elite+ flying Air France, or P-Club…) What about on my return, is there a lounge in Terminal A?

TIA
DLM
Old Feb 11, 2008, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by dmunz
Last November I flew IAH-CDG-AMS and during the layover in CDG I decided to check out the Petroleum Club Lounge at the Sofitel. (Not really a big deal...) I must have cleared customs and immigration to do that, right? (That's the silly questions; I honestly don't remember anything like a regular immigration check and I only use a carryon, so I didn't go through the luggage retrieval hall. I do remember being mildly surprised when I walked outside to catch the bus to the hotel.)
You had to clear immigration in CDG, your first port of entry into the Schengen zone, and customs (just go through a lane) in AMS, your final EU destination.

Now, a couple of less silly questions.

I’ll be flying roundtrip IAH-CDG-CAI in March. Connecting from:

CO 10 (TERM A) to AF 508 (TERM E)
and
AF 521 (TERM E?) to CO 12 (TERM A) on the return all in Y.

I’ve seen some posting on going landside and walking; is this possible Terminal A to Terminal E? If not, does the Petroleum Club “Priority access to high contribution transfer desks” help with the airside process? (I can’t really sort out what the benefit means…)

Will I be able to use the lounge in Terminal E (ST Elite+ flying Air France, or P-Club…) What about on my return, is there a lounge in Terminal A?

TIA
DLM
1. Yes, you can go landside and walk from 2A to 2E (about 15mn inside the terminal building)
2. Priority access to high contribution transfer desks just means that you can use the Elite transfer desks, instead of the long line to the standard transfer desks, if you need to.
3. You can definitely use the lounge in 2E as a ST Elite+
4. I don't think AF has a lounge in 2A anymore, as they no longer have flights there since the beginning of the winter season
5. As a ST Elite + passenger, you can use the fast track lanes "Acces n°1" for security and immigration in 2E

Enjoy your flights .
Old Feb 16, 2008, 8:35 pm

Connecting from 2B to 2E

Hi everyone! I'm new on this forum and I must admit it was my fear of CDG that let me here. I've bought a AF ticket to Europe in Apr/May and now, my friend has been telling me horror stories about connecting flights in CDG!
So, I'd appreciate any advice on the fastest way I can get to my connecting flight, whether I need to go through passport control and security (I hold a Singapore passport), and if my bags can make it.

My inbound flight:
AF257 (SIN-CDG) arrival (Ter 2E) @ 6.20am, connecting to AF3102 (CDG-LJU) @ Ter 2B. Layover:1hr35min

Outbound flight:
AF2483 (PRA-CDG) arrival (Ter 2B) @ 10.25pm, connecting to AF256 (CDG-SIN) @ 2E. Layover:50min

By the way, is 10.25pm a peak time at Ter 2B?

Thanks lots!

Last edited by bubsonthego; Feb 16, 2008 at 9:07 pm
Old Feb 18, 2008, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by bubsonthego
Hi everyone! I'm new on this forum and I must admit it was my fear of CDG that let me here. I've bought a AF ticket to Europe in Apr/May and now, my friend has been telling me horror stories about connecting flights in CDG!
So, I'd appreciate any advice on the fastest way I can get to my connecting flight, whether I need to go through passport control and security (I hold a Singapore passport), and if my bags can make it.

My inbound flight:
AF257 (SIN-CDG) arrival (Ter 2E) @ 6.20am, connecting to AF3102 (CDG-LJU) @ Ter 2B. Layover:1hr35min

Outbound flight:
AF2483 (PRA-CDG) arrival (Ter 2B) @ 10.25pm, connecting to AF256 (CDG-SIN) @ 2E. Layover:50min

By the way, is 10.25pm a peak time at Ter 2B?

Thanks lots!
As your flights to LJU and from PRG use 2B, I guess that your travel will take place before March 29th, when, with the onset of the summer season, the flights will be moved to 2D and immigration checks between France and the Czech Republic or Slovenia will be a thing of the past for air travel, with the entry of these two countries into the Schengen zone.

Bonne chance
      Old Feb 18, 2008, 6:09 pm

Connection time at T2

Hello

Just wondering if the connection from LHR to VCE at CDG on a Saturday morning is do-able in the time allocated.

I have this flight to catch from CDG:
      AF1426 departing T2F at 0950

I have the option of these two flights from LHR -
      AF2471 arriving T2F at 0900,
      or
      BA302 arriving T2B at 0825.

1. Is the connection time do-able?
      2. Would the BA or the AF flight from LHR be more do-able?
      3. If the connection time is too tight, I'd have to stay overnight at CDG. I gather from FT search that Ibis would be a reasonable option. Do they provide their own shuttle to the airport?

Thanks in advance for your help.
      Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by phaleesy
      Hello

Just wondering if the connection from LHR to VCE at CDG on a Saturday morning is do-able in the time allocated.

I have this flight to catch from CDG:
      AF1426 departing T2F at 0950

I have the option of these two flights from LHR -
      AF2471 arriving T2F at 0900,
      or
      BA302 arriving T2B at 0825.

1. Is the connection time do-able?
      2. Would the BA or the AF flight from LHR be more do-able?
      3. If the connection time is too tight, I'd have to stay overnight at CDG. I gather from FT search that Ibis would be a reasonable option. Do they provide their own shuttle to the airport?

Thanks in advance for your help.
      1. a 50mn connection, even within 2F, that involves an immigration check (as well as the standard security check) is too tight, IMHO.

2. 1h25mn between 2B and 2F is marginally better. It involves a long walk that is difficult to do under 15mn (I've done it in 12mn, but it was stressful ...). You could also experience delays in arriving from LHR or clearing immigration in 2B. It is doable, but I would not risk it, especially on separate tickets that are not unrestricted.

3. You do not need a shuttle to the Ibis. Just take the automated metro (CDGVAL) above the TGV station at the center of CDG2. It should be a 5mn ride to the Roissypole station and, once you have exited the station building in Roissypole, it is a 3-5mn walk to the Ibis.

Enjoy your flights

Last edited by JOUY31; Feb 20, 2008 at 2:55 pm
      Old Feb 20, 2008, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31
      As your flights to LJU and from PRG use 2B, I guess that your travel will take place before March 29th, when, with the onset of the summer season, the flights will be moved to 2D and immigration checks between France and the Czech Republic or Slovenia will be a thing of the past for air travel, with the entry of these two countries into the Schengen zone.

Bonne chance
          Hi JOUY31

You're a great help! Thanks very much...hopefully everything will work out fine and I won't miss my connecting flights.

Just one question about pre and post March 29. If my flight to LJU and PRA are in Apr and May, does that mean that it will be at 2D instead of 2B? Which means it's going to be nearer to 2E, right?

Cheers!
          Old Feb 21, 2008, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by bubsonthego
          Hi JOUY31

You're a great help! Thanks very much...hopefully everything will work out fine and I won't miss my connecting flights.

Just one question about pre and post March 29. If my flight to LJU and PRA are in Apr and May, does that mean that it will be at 2D instead of 2B? Which means it's going to be nearer to 2E, right?

Cheers!
          That is the current plan, subject to changes, of course ! And yes, it will be indeed be easier to reach 2E.
          Old Feb 22, 2008, 9:00 am
          GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
          saw a sign for 2G this week during my hasty transit within 2F.. where is 2G and what is it used for ?
          Old Feb 22, 2008, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by GK
          saw a sign for 2G this week during my hasty transit within 2F.. where is 2G and what is it used for ?
          2G is located East of S3 (and the future S4 !). It is scheduled for opening in Q4 2008 and it will used by regional aircrafts flying to Schengen destinations. An extension of 2G for flights to non-Schengen destinations may be built at a later stage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.