Search

throwing away first leg of return ticket

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2005, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles PM, Frequence Plus
throwing away first leg of return ticket

Hi,

I couldn't find any information on that...

I bought a round-trip ATL-CDG-MRS (very discounted price) on airfrance.us. But I'll only stay a few days in MRS and will be in Paris afterward.

Do I have to go back to Marseille to take my return flight? Or can I just go to CDG and fly the last portion of the flight?

I have a e-ticket if that matters.

Cheers,
Vincent
Old Feb 28, 2005, 1:29 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
If you don't sjow up in MRS, the rest of you itin will be cancelled
So yes, you have to go back
Old Mar 1, 2005, 12:04 am
TGV

Programs: FB Life Platinum
One of my friends had the same issue with a SGN-CDG-MRS return ticket some months ago.

He wanted to cancel the MRS-CDG leg, taking the TGV the day before and staying one night in Paris (he preferred the TGV as he was able to board it near its departing point, 100 km from MRS, and arrive directly in Paris centre).

He just called Air France, and there were no problems to cancel the corresponding leg.

So I think you should give AF a call and explain your needs. After all you will fly the long haul part in both directions, and this is usually what drive the price of the ticket, the domestic connection is only a "bonus".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.