Wiki Posts
Search

23 kg luggage allowance normal for AF?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2004, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
23 kg luggage allowance normal for AF?

I just picked up my ticket AMS - BKK - CDG - AMS (combined KL / AF) and noticed that my luggage allowance on the AF flights is 23 kgs. (20 kgs on KL) Is this normal for AF in Y class?
Old Aug 18, 2004, 3:35 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Yes. It is :

- 40 kg for First Class
- 30 kg for Business Class, full-fare Y (S) for medium-haul destinations and Aliz (enhanced Y class for Caribbean)
- 23 kg otherwise

except for flights where the piece concept is applicable.
Old Aug 18, 2004, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
At some locations they are strict about this and at others they are not. At LYS on a biz award ticket I brought about 90 kilos between two people. At DLA they were very strict and I had to spend 18K miles to get our bags on.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 2:41 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Please note that, at the same time that AF has granted an additional baggage allowance to F+ Rouge (10kg) and to F+ Bleu (5kg) members (last fall IIRC), they have aligned the baggage allowance in coach with their competitors and lowered it to 20kg.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 8:12 am

Is there any extra allowance for Elite Plus Skyteam members?

I will be flying LAX to PPT in coach. Are we just allowed 20kg each checked? Can one of us go over and the other under (i.e., 40kg total)? What about carryon bags; are they limited by number and/or size? Are we allowed one rollaboard and personal item each on the plane?

thanks,
Marc
Old Feb 26, 2005, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

KLM Gold gets an additional 10kg, Platinum gets 20kg extra.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Marq
I will be flying LAX to PPT in coach. Are we just allowed 20kg each checked? Can one of us go over and the other under (i.e., 40kg total)? What about carryon bags; are they limited by number and/or size? Are we allowed one rollaboard and personal item each on the plane?

thanks,
Marc
Flights to/from North America apply the Piece Concept (noted as "PC" on your ticket vs. "20k"). So, you may each check 2 pieces not exceeding 32kg/70lbs each.

Concerning the carry-ons, you are allowed 1 piece, maximum 115cm/45" (length+width+depth), plus a personal item not exceeding 15cm/6" in depth (e.g., purse or normal computer bag). Total weight of BOTH combined may not exceed 12kg/26lbs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.