Search

[Currently closed] AF arrivals lounge in CDG 2C

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2018 | 11:36 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: free agent
This page:
https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/commo...ions-salon.htm

... states very clearly that a paid option to use the 2C arrivals lounge is an option (subject to availability). Is this information new or just plain wrong?

- The Lounge Option before departure gives you access to all 28 Air France lounges. This option is offered to customers traveling in the Premium Economy cabin and to all customers who join the Flying Blue program,* regardless of their travel class. You can purchase a Lounge Option before departure** on the day of your flight, at the lounge reception desk or at an interactive kiosk.

- The Lounge Option upon arrival is available to all customers** arriving at Paris-Charles de Gaulle, regardless of their airline.
The "Air France Arrivals" lounge is located in Terminal 2C. You can purchase the Option at the lounge reception desk.

If you are traveling in the Business cabin on a flight provide by AIR FRANCE, KLM or another SkyTeam member airline, you receive free access to Air France lounges before your departure. Access to the"Air France Arrivals" lounge in Terminal 2C is provided at no extra charge, if you traveled in the Business cabin on a long-haul flight or on a medium-haul flight with a TGV AIR connection.

Please note: Lounge Options are non-refundable and non-transferable.

* You can join the Flying Blue program at Air France lounge reception desks.
** Subject to availability.
Old Aug 25, 2018 | 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
50 Countries Visited5M100 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
This page:
https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/commo...ions-salon.htm

... states very clearly that a paid option to use the 2C arrivals lounge is an option (subject to availability). Is this information new or just plain wrong?
Nothing new here. This paid access exists for some years. Current prices are:
- EUR 50 between 5:30 and 10:00 am
- EUR 35 between 10:00 am and closing time (2 pm)
Subject to availability.
kthomas likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2018 | 2:55 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Nothing new here. This paid access exists for some years. Current prices are:
- EUR 50 between 5:30 and 10:00 am
- EUR 35 between 10:00 am and closing time (2 pm)
Subject to availability.
Thanks - good to know. It's just that others on this thread are adamant that paying for access is not an option at all. Would be nice to hear some evidence from those that have actually taken advantage of this option. OK, I know it's a bit pricey for a shower - but after a 10 hour flight, the prospect of a 4-5 hour layover followed by another long-ish flight seems worth the EUR 35. (To me).
Old Aug 29, 2018 | 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by AlphaTango
Thanks - good to know. It's just that others on this thread are adamant that paying for access is not an option at all. Would be nice to hear some evidence from those that have actually taken advantage of this option. OK, I know it's a bit pricey for a shower - but after a 10 hour flight, the prospect of a 4-5 hour layover followed by another long-ish flight seems worth the EUR 35. (To me).
Is your connection between long(ish)-hauls on Air France both non-Schengen flights? If so, I don't know if I'd bother clearing immigration to use the arrivals lounge. You could pay for the AF lounges in 2E -- 45, or there's also the Yotel, airside in Hall L. Just a shower is 20, including their "club lounge" is 35 total, but not really sure what that offers (at that point, I'd probably just go to AF for 10 more). They also have rooms with beds.

If you're connecting to 2F Schengen, I think the AF lounge entry fee is lower than Arrivals, but it's kind of a dismal lounge (e.g., the shower rooms don't have toilets).
Old Jan 2, 2019 | 9:19 am
50 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
At CDG today with a long layover (IAD-CDG-SIN), and used the Arrivals Lounge before heading to Paris to enjoy part of the day in the city. What everyone has said before is accurate.
- It's a long hike, and 2C looks more like a bus station than an airport terminal.
- It has lots of showers. We had no wait as we arrived.
- There's breakfast. But remember, this is France, so the breakfast is continental, and the breakfast area is small.

If you want to grab a shower before you head into the city, this is your place. If you're looking for an interesting lounge experience, you'll be disappointed. This is nothing like VA's Arrival Lounge in LHR.
Zeeb likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019 | 2:35 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
The arrival lounge is in 2C, not 2F. It is located landside. You will arrive in 2E from YVR. So you clear immigration, collect bags, clear customs, and then walk to 2C. When arriving landside 2E (where people and pre-ordered taxis are waiting for their relatives/customers), turn left and always go straight ahead until 2C (in the middle of the walk you will pass above the train station). Once you are in 2C, continue straight to the end of the terminal (just before the way to 2A) and the arrival lounge is on your left just after the last check-in counter.
I'm struggling to understand why AF has this lounge so far away from where their long hauls land, since presumably it is mostly people coming in from those flights that would want a shower. I have an eight hour layover at CDG coming up in a few months and was hoping to use these showers before heading in to town for the afternoon and I wish there was a more convenient option.

Last edited by Zeeb; Jan 14, 2019 at 2:58 pm
Old Jan 14, 2019 | 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Zeeb
I'm struggling to understand why AF has this lounge so far away from where their long hauls land.
This lounge was done in 2C at a time 2E did not exist and AF had a lot of long-haul ops in 2C. There is a plan to build a new arrival lounge in 2E, but it gets delayed and AF has given the priority to improve their departure lounges in 2F/E/G (renovation of existing lounges or building new ones).
JOUY31, SDQBound, joyu12 and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 15, 2019 | 6:56 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: FB Platinum

This lounge was done in 2C at a time 2E did not exist and AF had a lot of long-haul ops in 2C. There is a plan to build a new arrival lounge in 2E, but it gets delayed and AF has given the priority to improve their departure lounges in 2F/E/G (renovation of existing lounges or building new ones).
I imagine this will be done after the new 2F lounge is built? Or do they intend to renovate any more 2E lounges post-2E/L renovation?
Old Jan 15, 2019 | 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joyu12
I imagine this will be done after the new 2F lounge is built? Or do they intend to renovate any more 2E lounges post-2E/L renovation?
No idea. There will be for sure the K lounge to renovate (as it is now quite outdated compared to L and M). I don’t know how a new arrival lounge will fit in this schedule. It is clearly not a priority.
Andy82 likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019 | 7:21 pm
50 Countries Visited1M10 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum

No idea. There will be for sure the K lounge to renovate (as it is now quite outdated compared to L and M). I dont know how a new arrival lounge will fit in this schedule. It is clearly not a priority.
I honestly don't mind the K lounge. I know it's not as "fresh" as L or M, it's still a decent lounge.
Old Jan 16, 2019 | 10:24 am

I definitely wished they prioritized the arrival lounge. Since I mostly fly into CDG after a red-eye, it's a blessing to be able to shower and refresh before continuing with my day.
af fp and kthomas like this.
Old Oct 15, 2019 | 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bad news : from 21/10, arrival lounge will close at 1pm instead of 2pm
kthomas likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020 | 7:43 am

I assume that the arrival lounge is currently closed, correct?
Old Dec 1, 2020 | 9:58 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: FB Gold
Correct- Arrivals Lounge is closed; the actual status of the lounges are listed in the Lounges Master thread. Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread
Klems likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021 | 9:03 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Any update on whether the arrivals lounge is still closed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.