Search

RTW on Air France

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2000, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
RTW on Air France

Does anyone know who partners with AF on RTW tickets? I need to hit Zurich & Sydney at least, trying to decide between a DL package, AF package or maybe *A.
Old Jan 11, 2000, 6:05 pm
Original Member

If I were you I would do the around-the-world fare offered by the old Global Excellence partners. It's a good deal and you can travel on DL, SQ and SR - two of which are the best airlines in the world in my opinion. However, you'll get a mixed bag of miles.

DL - miles on DL.
SR - miles on DL (until 4/00), miles on AA (but not elite miles).
SQ - miles on DL, elite-counting (I think!!) on UA.

------------------
Cheers.

Leo.
Old Jan 11, 2000, 6:05 pm
Original Member

woops - double-post!!

[This message has been edited by leroy11 (edited 01-11-2000).]
Old Jan 11, 2000, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
Which two?

Definately considering DL/SR/SQ, except I'm not that crazy about going SYD-SIN on an eastbound trip.

It's not a milage run, I just have to be in ZRH one week and SYD the next. I have cards in everything (including Qualiflyer), so miles shall be accrued, no matter what.

If AF has some sort of arrangement with Air New Zealand, Qantas, or United for RTW, that work work out well for me. If seems these things are independent of the normal alliances.
Old Jan 11, 2000, 8:34 pm
Original Member

Looking at my old standby, Consumer Reports Travel Letter 8/98, some alternatives might be:

Air Canada/Qantas (particularly cheap if you start/end in Canada, and have a separate tkt US-Canada. Y: C$4090, C: C$6225, F: C$8808

DL/QF/Air Pacific

US $3314, 5355, 6882

The DL/SQ/SR is 3304, 5109, 7376 for 32k miles

Granted these prices are almost 2 yrs. old.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.