Wiki Posts
Search

Delhi flights to be operated by Euro Atlantic

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2024, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Delhi flights to be operated by Euro Atlantic

Euro Atlantic appears to be taking over the Delhi route on a wet-lease basis. This is not just a one-off.

https://aviationa2z.com/index.php/20...delhi-flights/
Old May 18, 2024, 1:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Seems like CS-TSX is a former AZ bird with unchanged interiors.
Old May 18, 2024, 2:18 am

Furthermore, three A350s are also under maintenance, while one is stored after an incident in Canada
Lol, that's an understatement. That one in Canada has been under repair after its tailstrike for nearly 4 months!
Old May 18, 2024, 5:39 am
Original Poster

India seems to be a difficult market for Air France.

I flew with them to Mumbai recently and the flight was only half full, a rare sight these days on any airline. Coming back, they had substituted a COI configured plane.

One would think Air India’s woes would be an opportunity for AF but they seem rather to use it as an excuse to lower the quality of its own offering.
Old May 18, 2024, 5:37 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Braniff

I flew with them to Mumbai recently and the flight was only half full, a rare sight these days on any airline. Coming back, they had substituted a COI configured plane.

One would think Air India’s woes would be an opportunity for AF but they seem rather to use it as an excuse to lower the quality of its own offering.
Both AF and KL's flights to/from DEL go full almost all the time. It's a route I take quite frequently, and have several others I know using as well. Other airports are not so easy for the most part because a lot of the international traffic out of India is one that connects to other locations in the west, e.g. US and Canada, but most of the traffic originating for these destinations comes from North India, rather than Central or South India. In fact, India is also one of the markets outside of Europe where AFKL have a decent amount of staff that is their own, and not outsourced to another company. There are ebbs and flows in the overall demand, depending on the season, but in DEL, BLR and even BOM the normal thing to see is packed flights.
Old May 19, 2024, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Euro Atlantic appears to be taking over the Delhi route on a wet-lease basis. This is not just a one-off.

https://aviationa2z.com/index.php/20...delhi-flights/

It was already discussed in another thread. It’s a lease until Aug 4 because AF doesn’t have enough planes. Nothing related to potential difficulties in the Indian market.
https://www.afkl.biz/trade/s/news-de..._US&country=FR
Old May 19, 2024, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
It was already discussed in another thread. It’s a lease until Aug 4 because AF doesn’t have enough planes. Nothing related to potential difficulties in the Indian market.
https://www.afkl.biz/trade/s/news-de..._US&country=FR

I realize it is because of a shortage of planes per the article I linked.

My comment related more to the fact that they chose to downgrade the Delhi route to Euro Atlantic rather than other routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.