Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG timing

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2023, 5:51 pm

Programs: AS100k, DL Diamond, MarriottAmb, FlyingBlueSilver
Goldorak will be best source for all this, but for me, I am usually on the 10-11:30am flight CDG-SFO and i have gotten thru quick (35 min) and seen it take 75-90 minutes a few times.. The AF lounges are really nice and so err on the side of caution on your return and just spend more time in the lounge….
Agree with everyone else, when you land its pretty easy to get out and thru everything. There were times in 2021 were staffing seemed light and really felt like it took awhile… But back to normal on our recent trips.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
We (2) have a 1020 flight from CDG to YVR end of the year and it's one of the earliest flights from Europe to Canada we've ever taken (especially not on a U.S. airline). Just wondering if we should stay around the CDG area (Pullman has a special on Verychic) or just stay at the hotel close to Luxembourg RER. I see it takes ~45 mins on RER B so we've have to be on the platform at Luxembourg by ~0730 to get to the airport by 0830. I guess getting from the Pullman may take almost as long and also have to sacrifice a final evening in Paris for the sterility of Roissy.

Flying BC so have SP.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 8:21 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meli silver.
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
We (2) have a 1020 flight from CDG to YVR end of the year and it's one of the earliest flights from Europe to Canada we've ever taken (especially not on a U.S. airline). Just wondering if we should stay around the CDG area (Pullman has a special on Verychic) or just stay at the hotel close to Luxembourg RER. I see it takes ~45 mins on RER B so we've have to be on the platform at Luxembourg by ~0730 to get to the airport by 0830. I guess getting from the Pullman may take almost as long and also have to sacrifice a final evening in Paris for the sterility of Roissy.

Flying BC so have SP.
The Pullman is literally sitting on the train station. The VAL runs every few minutes, so from the Pullman to 2E, you will need around 20 mn.

The stress which comes with using the RER may make you start your journey on the wrong foot..

I personally like the Pullman CDG. Chic and relaxed. Good food. Perfect place to be the night before a long journey.
YVR Cockroach likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by carnarvon
The Pullman is literally sitting on the train station. The VAL runs every few minutes, so from the Pullman to 2E, you will need around 20 mn.

The stress which comes with using the RER may make you start your journey on the wrong foot..

I personally like the Pullman CDG. Chic and relaxed. Good food. Perfect place to be the night before a long journey.
Just changed the return to a day later (at a cost of 1/ticket) before you replied. Verychic (now Accor's excess inventory dumping ground) has the Pullman for 150.60 all-in avec dejeuner (using the Qubec term) while Accor wants a tad over 200 for the "same" terms (or 156 sans dejeuner). I take it the price difference isn't worth the miles/points or 5XP for the 1st Accor stay after FB account link.

Any difference in the room categories (Classic, Superior, Deluxe) other than price and complimentary minibar drinks?
Old Nov 6, 2023, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by carnarvon
I would even say 15 min max.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by fifty_two
Ok thats another story , exit should be quick , less than 30 mins max , but for departure then you should arrive at airport 3h before for TATL flights
😂😂😂😀

less than 30 minutes max. Good luck with that.

Ive done it twice this year flying in J. . Its taken well over an hour both times.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 5:50 am

Programs: AA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I
- 2nd poster was a party of 4 with only part travelling in J, the other in Y without ST status
Goldorak is the man! I am the poster in this quote but since its a 1630;departure, we will arrive 3 hrs early and not use these services, per his recommendation. But if it was departure between 0900 and 1400, I would.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 6:25 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / A3 Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Gold / TP Silver
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
😂😂😂😀

I’ve done it twice this year flying in J. . It’s taken well over an hour both times.
This is why i used the world should and early reply i also said "no queues besides whats usual in CDG" , but yeah 30 mins is doable in most cases , it usually dont take me more than 30 mins from plane to luggage delivery when flying AF from various terminals , then luggages can increase waiting time a lot , but OP is travelling with hand luggage only
Old Nov 7, 2023, 5:31 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meli silver.
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
(...) Any difference in the room categories (Classic, Superior, Deluxe) other than price and complimentary minibar drinks?
Deluxe has views over the runways.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
😂😂😂😀

Ive done it twice this year flying in J. . Its taken well over an hour both times.
That's discouraging. Presumably a US passport so you could use egates?

How did you do on departure? Presumably egates again and J meant you could use fast track security?

Anything special, such as a holiday?

For me, 30 minutes either direction is good, but well over an hour would mean I'd wished I'd gone for one of the concierge services/
Old Nov 8, 2023, 7:51 pm

Programs: AS100k, DL Diamond, MarriottAmb, FlyingBlueSilver
Originally Posted by richarddd
That's discouraging. Presumably a US passport so you could use egates?

How did you do on departure? Presumably egates again and J meant you could use fast track security?

Anything special, such as a holiday?

For me, 30 minutes either direction is good, but well over an hour would mean I'd wished I'd gone for one of the concierge services/
If your delta is only 30 minutes before you feel you missed out on something and woulda/shoulda then just buy the concierge service. Thats not a lot of room to operate so why chance it. Buy it and dont worry about it anymore.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FenwayTim
If your delta is only 30 minutes before you feel you missed out on something and woulda/shoulda then just buy the concierge service…. That’s not a lot of room to operate so why chance it. Buy it and don’t worry about it anymore.
The delta is between 30 minutes and well over an hour. It's not a question of missing out on something, it's a desire to avoid standing on line for an extended period of time and also to avoid an unneeded service.

Goldorak, the expert on these things with a great track record, posted that a meet & greet service would not be needed for either arrival or departure, despite both being at peak times, seemingly because we're traveling on US passports (so can use the egates) and are entitled to skypriority for departure security. Traveling with babies or without US passports or skypriority could be another issue. Presumably, no service would be needed because wait times would be short, while well over an hour is not short.

Given some other posts about extended wait times despite an egate eligibility, US passport, skypriority and seemingly no complicating factors, I'm just curious if there's anything about the circumstances behind those other posts that might apply to us.
Goldorak likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 12:55 pm

I am not a frequent international traveler so this thread has been very helpful! I would love any further wisdom on our upcoming trip.

We have a 24 hr stopover in Paris and will be coming from Hyatt House CDG for a 0920 flight to MAD. We will be skypriority, US passport but have 2 small children. Just wondering what time we should plan to be at CDG.
Old May 5, 2024, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Elena2w3e4r
I am not a frequent international traveler so this thread has been very helpful! I would love any further wisdom on our upcoming trip.

We have a 24 hr stopover in Paris and will be coming from Hyatt House CDG for a 0920 flight to MAD. We will be skypriority, US passport but have 2 small children. Just wondering what time we should plan to be at CDG.
Be there by 7:30. Even 8:00 would make it but you never know. Go to the extreme left of terminal 2F, where the SkyP check-in counters are and there is a dedicated SkyP security checkpoint adjacent to the counters. If you are already checked-in and have no bags to check, there is another SkyP security lane in the center of the terminal (on the left side of the main security checkpoint).
Elena2w3e4r likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.