Community
Wiki Posts
Search

B777 new cabin design retrofit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2023, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

B777 new cabin design retrofit

Will all the B777 be retrofitted with the new design, or only the NYC-CDG route (777-300ERs)?
I frequently travel LAX-CDG, and the business class feels really outdated and not on par with other major airlines.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 6:08 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by randomdude
Will all the B777 be retrofitted with the new design, or only the NYC-CDG route (777-300ERs)?
I frequently travel LAX-CDG, and the business class feels really outdated and not on par with other major airlines.
Not all 777s will be refit (some, which don't fly to the US, for instance have been refit with a small Polaris-style cabin), and nearly all 77Ws serving JFK are the La Premiere/BEST product which won't get the new design until roughly the same time LAX gets the new design (probably starting in 12-18 months).

That said, you could try reading the sticky thread in the AF forum which has the full lowdown
Old Oct 7, 2023, 6:44 pm

I just flew JNB-CDG-LAX .... The JNB-CDG sector had the new business class product and it was a nice change, but CDG-LAX was old and tired ... I TOO hope AF changes LAX-CDG to all new product like they did for JFK. I was on the AF A350 last month and the business class was very odd and not typical of AF
Old Oct 8, 2023, 2:41 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
I recommend you to take a look at the topic in the AF subforum: updated information about new J seats deployments and other information
Old Oct 8, 2023, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by MikeTucson
I was on the AF A350 last month and the business class was very odd and not typical of AF
Can you elaborate ?
Old Oct 8, 2023, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hhdl
That said, you could try reading the sticky thread in the AF forum which has the full lowdown
Originally Posted by b12e
I recommend you to take a look at the topic in the AF subforum: updated information about new J seats deployments and other information
ah indeed, I didn't realize there's 2 additional sections at the very top. Mods could probably merge my post
Old Oct 9, 2023, 3:17 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by randomdude
Are you referring to the time when LAX-CDG was operated by A388s? If yes then you can be reassured that this 2-2-2 Business cabins are becoming very rare at AF and most aircrafts are equipped with the 1-2-1 reverse herringbone or staggered product, far superior than LH or LX hard product, and superior than the BA Yin-Yang dreadful 2-4-2 cabins.
Bullspread and hhdl like this.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olivedel
Are you referring to the time when LAX-CDG was operated by A388s.
I doesn't show up in the app, but for my last trip (aug), I believe the aircraft types were A350-900 (LAX-CDG) and B777-200 (CDG-LAX).
Both felt really out-dated and overdue for an upgrade.
Old Oct 15, 2023, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
Has there been any further news on the La Premier cabin upgrades / redesign?
Old Oct 16, 2023, 6:38 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by arunhn
Has there been any further news on the La Premier cabin upgrades / redesign?
No.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
So when can we expect AF to upgrade the 777 service on the LAX -CDG flights.?
Old Oct 25, 2023, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Srklaw7
So when can we expect AF to upgrade the 777 service on the LAX -CDG flights.?
What do you mean?

If you mean when the 4P 77Ws are all upgraded, based on the pace of the NEV4 upgrades, probably sometime in 2025.

Otherwise, there's not really an answer for the non-La Premiere frequencies. There's a chance now that any one of those could be operated by an A350 or 77W with the new seat; it will be (likely) a decade (if ever) before you're guaranteed that seat.
carnarvon likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 7:57 pm

I know the 777 on the JFK -CDG have been upgraded. I am asking when those same upgrades will extend to the LAX CDG flights.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Srklaw7
I know the 777 on the JFK -CDG have been upgraded. I am asking when those same upgrades will extend to the LAX CDG flights.
​​​​When you say "have been upgraded", you do realize that a majority of AF 777 flights out of JFK haven't been upgraded? Today, if I'm not mistaken, only 1 out of 5 flights from JFK to CDG had the new seats.

In the case of LAX, as long as that particular market supports first class on most of the frequencies that aren't involving PPT, the timeline for the refits of the fleet with first class will govern things: it's unlikely that by this time next year most of that fleet will have been refit, so it'll be a roll of the dice into 2025 that any given LAX-CDG flight will have the new seats (note that AF don't generally give compensation or goodwill vouchers/miles for equipment swaps: an ULTI this year was on a flight that got swapped from the new seat to 2-3-2 angle-flat with no comp). The A350 operated frequency (AF73, MoThSa 1310 departure) had the A350 version of the new seats this Monday: your odds of that product are about 5-10 percent and increasing as more A350s with those seats enter the fleet. If you're intent on flying the new seats on a 777, wait until 2025.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 9:37 pm

Thank you. I was not aware that most of the JFK -CDG 777 had not been upgraded to the new seats. I was satisfied by the existing J product but will wait till next year for an upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.