Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

ATH to IAD via CDG - missed connection in CDG due to 1st flight delay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATH to IAD via CDG - missed connection in CDG due to 1st flight delay

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2023, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Unfortunately it is almost impossible to do this an outstation with no actual AF staff on hand. I doubt they have any discretion there and are presumably trained with the mantra: continue to Paris, they will revook you while en-route and/or sort you out on arrival as necessary
He was on DL ticket, DL has a customer service booth I think at ATH where they sell tickets, but probably still contract staff with limited powers....
Old Jul 31, 2023, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by nk15
He was on DL ticket, DL has a customer service booth I think at ATH where they sell tickets, but probably still contract staff with limited powers....
Indeed and maybe they could have put him on a DL flight from ATH if the timing was good, but I also wonder whether DL would actually touch the ticket when it's under airport control and DL might see no real reason to swoop in and intervene in AF's current control of the ticket
nk15 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Checking in again at CDG now. They now want me to pay for my carryon because it is overweight. I didn't pay anything when checking in at ATH. Talking with manager. This is getting worse and worse.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 3:15 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by dblumenhoff
I can't say for sure in this case, but there can be situations where they wouldn't be lying
...or AF has set up their system(s) used by transfer agents to only allow rebooking onto specific partner airlines, requiring a manager to overrule or use another method of rebooking.

It's a pity that the OP wasn't able to change to a direct transatlantic DL flight out of ATH. Typically I find AF at ATH very willing to help and proactively rebook when there is a delay. Having said that I did pass through ATH yesterday and the place was an absolute zoo with all the holiday travel.
irishguy28 and Goldorak like this.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It would have been perfect if he was rebooked on the direct ATH-IAD, he came so close but so far…
Old Jul 31, 2023, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by nk15
It would have been perfect if he was rebooked on the direct ATH-IAD, he came so close but so far…
Clearly but such a flight is surely operated by UA and not DL, so more complicated to obtain, as this is out of alliance.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Clearly but such a flight is surely operated by UA and not DL, so more complicated to obtain, as this is out of alliance.
UA and DL frequently endorse tickets to each other.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Good point, I forgot that…irroping into the direct flight is the holly grail around here, but that also assumes tou book one ticket and things work out well.

I personally these days I almost always break my trips Avios IB in J North America-MAD, and then use the upgrade coupons with A3 Spain to Greece…sometimes with a two day Spain stopover….there will rarely be a better deal than this….

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.