Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No wine on AF shorthaul < 60 min?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2023, 9:47 am

Programs: EuroBonus, FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by atflyer
Exactly my experience on AMS-CDG and GVA-CDG hence, including suggesting the beer as alternative. That is why I suspected it is yet another 'enhancement' of their Y product on short international flights.
Happy to hear I’m not the only one that have made that observation.

On morning flights in Y Air France seems to only serve a cookie + coffee/tea or juice, while KLM are serving a sandwich + full Y bar even on early morning flights. I usually don’t drink on early morning flights, but sometimes you want to celebrate.
Originally Posted by Xandrios
This may also be depending on the outbound flight from CDG the night before. I can imagine that they cater champagne for the outbound but not inbound in the early morning. However if champagne was left unopened from the night before they may be able to serve that early morning?
Why should the service be different on the outbound and the inbound flight? It’s not like a champagne breakfast is a crazy expectation on an international business class flight?
jerry_greece and atflyer like this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 11:12 am

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Originally Posted by NLNO
It’s not like a champagne breakfast is a crazy expectation on an international business class flight?
By contrast, the idea of any flight on Air *France*, headed to or from France, not serving any wine at all seems completely crazy. And the suggestion of beer as a substitute adds insult to injury. Perhaps a complaint to the Institut national du Patrimoine is in order . . .

Last edited by ZenFlyer; Apr 30, 2023 at 3:57 pm
Old Apr 30, 2023, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
By contrast, the idea of any flight on Air *France*', headed to or from France, not serving any wine at all seems completely crazy. And the suggestion of beer as a substitute adds insult to injury. Perhaps a complaint to the Institut national du Patrimoine is in order . . .
Living in Paris for this season I could not agree more. That KLM would only serve Heineken is not pleasant, but slightly defensible for a beer drinking country. No wine in AF? Maybe move your head quarters to Iceland or so?
ZenFlyer and hhdl like this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
Intresting that you mention GVA-CDG as I was told a while ago that they did not have champagne onboard, for a very early morning flight, as it's "too early" for champagne

However I had no issues going through more than half a bottle of Jaquart from MAN at 5.55 the other day

Could it be that we have a nest of calvinists working against us
Well, if it is calvinists you would expect that from the Dutch, not the French ;-)
Goldorak likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 5:29 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Well, if it is calvinists you would expect that from the Dutch, not the French ;-)
Have you forgotten where Jean Calvin was actually from
NickB, ZenFlyer, atflyer and 1 others like this.
Old May 23, 2023, 11:01 am

Programs: EuroBonus, FlyingBlue Gold
Flew DUS-CDG yesterday in business class at 6:40 and asked for champagne. The guy looked like I was an alien and said something like, sir, this is a morning flight.

Drink options are water, coffee, tea and juice. Exactly like in economy.

So if you enjoy celebrating the beginning of your trip with a nice glass of bubbly wine, chose a different airline.

Not a big deal for me at all, but disappointing when you paid thousands out of your own pocket.
Solevita and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old May 23, 2023, 2:35 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
No wine? No short haul:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65687665.amp

Only the politicians themselves, of course, since private flights will be allowed.
Old May 23, 2023, 8:32 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Flew DUS-CDG yesterday in business class at 6:40 and asked for champagne. The guy looked like I was an alien and said something like, sir, this is a morning flight.

(...)
So if you enjoy celebrating the beginning of your trip with a nice glass of bubbly wine, chose a different airline.
AF crews are experts at making normal requests for something that was the norm for years sound "out of this world".

In their defence, you'd have had the same look if you had asked for a soda. On a 6AM segment last week (that was a very late evening for me due to jet lag, not a morning), I had the nerves to ask for a fresh Coke Zero. I got the same "Surely you can't be serious. It's a morning flight so that will be coffee, tea, or nectar(*)" answer; with a look you reserve for first time flyers asking how to crack the window open.

(*) I refuse to call the sugar fest they serve juice. And don't call me Shirley.

Last edited by maalloc; May 23, 2023 at 10:23 pm
Old May 24, 2023, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by maalloc
(*) I refuse to call the sugar fest they serve juice. And don't call me Shirley.
Fully agreed!
saraoutou and maalloc like this.
Old May 24, 2023, 12:01 pm
Suspended

i would have told him that I like enjoying a glass of champagne early in the morning just before take off and before an old good cigarette in the toilets after take off 😝
Old May 24, 2023, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

At least they served wine yesterday at TUN-CDG (flown by Amelia or so). But that was 2:10. (and much better wine as KLM does, at that).
Old May 24, 2023, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by macaron95
i would have told him that I like enjoying a glass of champagne early in the morning just before take off and before an old good cigarette in the toilets after take off 😝
By the way, could you tell me where are the ashtrays ?
Old Jun 1, 2023, 4:25 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I would expect that more from the Swiss in general and the Genevois in particular.

Interestingly, is Bale/Mulhouse considered domestic or international? Donkeys years ago, this was an Air Inter route.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I would expect that more from the Swiss in general and the Genevois in particular.

Interestingly, is Bale/Mulhouse considered domestic or international? Donkeys years ago, this was an Air Inter route.
Interestingly, historically, flights from ORY were considered domestic (and coded to MLH) and flights from CDG as international (and coded BSL), both obviously going to the same airport! Only CDG is left now but not sure if they kept it as BSL or "moved" it to MLH.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 6:54 am

Programs: FB platinum
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Interestingly, historically, flights from ORY were considered domestic (and coded to MLH) and flights from CDG as international (and coded BSL), both obviously going to the same airport! Only CDG is left now but not sure if they kept it as BSL or "moved" it to MLH.
It's BSL and it's considered international.
orbitmic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.