Wiki Posts
Search

Luggage not checked through BNE SIN CDG

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2023, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Luggage not checked through BNE SIN CDG

Hi all,
Qantas directed me to the self check-in kiosk.
Apparently that means my luggage has been checked to SIN.
I will have to collect it there and then recheck to HAM via CDG.

Do I have to enter Singapore for that or can I collect and proceed to the AF check-in counter within the terminal?
Old Apr 10, 2023, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Sorry but you’ll have to be more explicit. Your thread title says BNE, SIN, CDG but then you speak after about HAM. Devil hides into details. We need to know which ticket you have, with which airlines (operating and marketing carriers), all in one ticket or several separate tickets, etc.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 2:40 am

Programs: FB Gold
If your luggage is checked to SIN only, then you have to pass through immigration in SIN to retrieve it and check it in again at the AF desks for your final destination. On a multi airline/mixed alliance itinerary (single PNR), you always have to insist to see a check-in desk instead of a machine.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 3:17 am
Original Poster

So, I am on AF ticket stock.
Flying BNE to SIN on QF51.
Then, 17 hrs later, I'm booked AF181 to CDG and then finally AF1610 to HAM.

QF directed me to the machines and luggage has been checked in, but only to SIN

I now asked at the transfer desk C for AF In SIN and was advised they will take care of it tomorrow.
I hope that is true.
Old Apr 10, 2023, 5:56 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Please keep us posted but Next time just go to a physical check-in to check your baggage through. Clearly, the chances of baggage mishandling are super high as your baggage is not tagged to your final destination (and the reason for it is that QF systems could not handle the itinerary in the self-service check in kiosks)
Old Apr 10, 2023, 4:12 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Yes, in SIN the transfer desks can arrange the luggage transfers as long as you are not on LCC.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
You mention 17h in Singapore.
I assume that you booked a hotel there. Then best to take your bags with you.
Will not be possible to check in 17h before AF flight.
But you must already be in SIN.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Maritimer78
Do I have to enter Singapore for that or can I collect and proceed to the AF check-in counter within the terminal?
Given that we know from one of the other threads you started for this trip that you wanted to go into Singapore (17:50 hrs layover Singapore- AF / QF codeshare- Hotel options?) you would have been better off just collecting your luggage as normal at SIN, keeping it with you, and checking it in again with AF the next day.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 6:11 am

Then, 17 hrs later, I'm booked AF181 to CDG and then finally AF1610 to HAM.
Given AF181 departs in the morning this must be an overnight layover for which you will always get your bags unless you specifically ask for them to be checked through.

So yes you will need to enter Singapore, collect your bags and re-check them for your flight the next morning.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 2:45 am
Original Poster

All worked out quite well.
Seens like a standard process in recovering and forwarding short checked luggage.
Transfer desk took care of it in a few Minutes.
sammyg901 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 11:32 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meli silver.
All worked out quite well.
Seens like a standard process in recovering and forwarding short checked luggage.
Transfer desk took care of it in a few Minutes.
The level of efficiency at Changi Airport is breathtakinb.

They once retrieved my luggage to put it on another flight due to an irrop, with hardly a spare minute at their disposal. My suitcase made it! I was amazed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.