But, honestly, I get fed up with french people
Dirty paris and more and more dangerous districts are not making happy holidays
rule of law and general respect to anything/anyone is decreasing every day
Go and spend your hard earned money somewhere else like Italy
A french Parisian is telling you so
Old Mar 31, 2023, 10:49 am
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
I'm going to Paris on april 17, from Peru. I've checking the historic record of this flight and only from march 23 and 24 it has a 45 minutos delay, not that much.
I'm checking also the Paris - Napoli flight, since I'll take that flight on april 26 and it didn't have any delay in the previous days. I was worried about this one cause I read short and medium hauls flights may be affected. (I suppose CDG-NAP is a medium one, or not?)
So about AF flights it seems there's not a huge impact, or at least I'll be lucky with my flights, I hope.

PS: Being in Paris 5 times in the past, it doesn't hurt that much that I changed plans for the first week, I mean though I'll fly to Paris, that april 17 week I'll be mostly in London, I hope I'll have good luck with the Eurostar trains.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 11:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bebert
Agree with all previous comments
But, honestly, I get fed up with french people
Dirty paris and more and more dangerous districts are not making happy holidays
rule of law and general respect to anything/anyone is decreasing every day
Go and spend your hard earned money somewhere else like Italy
A french Parisian is telling you so
Could you imagine that since 1947, there is absolutely no year without any strike at SNCF. It's in their DNA.

The new girl elected as head of French union CGT Sophie Binet has "worked" less than 5 years between 2008 and 2013. Earlier she was already involved with student union UNEF in 2006 and since 2013 CGT. She is 41 now and she has worked for 5 years...
What France can do with this kind of parasites ?

France is engulfed in this terrible mindset since May 1968...

This was the worst thing that could happen to a country. Once it's happening, it keeps repeating again and again.
LETTERBOY, atflyer and Solevita like this.

Last edited by flyertalker00143; Mar 31, 2023 at 12:09 pm
Old Mar 31, 2023, 1:24 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Look at the 2 cows exhibits and then the French version ;-)

https://aceyourecons.sg/2-cows-economics/

Old Mar 31, 2023, 4:58 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
I was in Paris last weekend. Walked around the city and felt safe. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. City felt really busy. Apparently there were protests one night at Opera, but the next day, everything was normal there.

I think it depends on where you'll be and what you'll be doing. I was in Paris in 2019 during the yellow vest protests, saw that first hand. But didn't detract from that trip.
atflyer and hhdl like this.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 9:37 pm

This is probably a dumb question, but given how long the refinery strikes have been going on, will there be any issue catching a cab from CDG into the city, or within the city to Gare du Nord? I feel like fuel shortages at that level would have been reported on, but I'm not sure if this is just considered a normal part of life in Europe
Old Apr 4, 2023, 12:00 am
Suspended

very few gas stations impacted

https://penurie.mon-essence.fr/w/

it's easy to know if there is an issue, you can check the Uber app, if you can find drivers = no problemo
Old Apr 6, 2023, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS100k, DL Diamond, MarriottAmb, FlyingBlueSilver
Going to update my original query with my result.
Just got back from a week in France. Half Bordeaux and half Paris.. All in all a very good trip and very normal to my past experiences.
We did have 1 delay on flight to Bordeaux for about an hour that the pilot said was because of the strikes and our non-stop train back to Paris from Bordeaux was cancelled (dont know exact cause, presumption was strike) so we scurried and left earlier then planned to get on earlier train. Side note; First time for me in Bordeaux, beautiful area and one we will be going back to.
In Paris, city was normal in all the places we went too. We do know there were some actions going on based on local feedback but nothing that impacted us. Ubers and taxis were a little harder to get but all in all, we had a wonderful time.
JOUY31, straniero and DiamondMile like this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 3:40 pm

Today is a strike day. I checked this morning (actually France noon) Air France flights and it seemed impact was minimum, at least int'l flights including Schengen space.

I read in a past strike roads to CDG were blocked by people. Does anybody know if this happened again?
Old Apr 11, 2023, 9:33 am

Programs: FB Platinum, AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
Originally Posted by Villavic
Today is a strike day. I checked this morning (actually France noon) Air France flights and it seemed impact was minimum, at least int'l flights including Schengen space.

I read in a past strike roads to CDG were blocked by people. Does anybody know if this happened again?
A friend arrived at CDG on 6 April, early AM and reported that the road to Terminal 1 was blocked, with people having to walk from cars/taxis to the terminal.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 5:46 am

Programs: Amex Centurion
Returned yesterday, after spending a week in Paris. No problems.
FenwayTim likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 11:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Avoid the area around the Conseil constitutionel (Pyramides/Palais Royal metros / across the Louvre) tomorrow afternoon/evening as there could be riots in the area following the decision. That's right in the centre of Paris.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 9:58 am

I'm arriving to Paris on monday afternoon, and going to London on wednesday. I just read about the announced huge massive protest on may 1, but nothing on previous dates. Does anybody have additional info?
Old Apr 15, 2023, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I'm arriving to Paris on monday afternoon, and going to London on wednesday. I just read about the announced huge massive protest on may 1, but nothing on previous dates. Does anybody have additional info?
relax, nothing to worry about.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 12:42 pm
Suspended

May 1st is labor day everywhere in the world.
it is supposed to be an occasion for people to enjoy a day off except in France where our beloved stupid unions are organizing protests. No worries about protests, like every year it is just a bunch of stupid people who dont know what to do during a day off and ready to complain the next day that they are tired and dont have enough vacation
bebert and Goldorak like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.