Wiki Posts
Search

Departing from MRS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2022, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Departing from MRS

Will arriving two hours before the flight be enough for a 10 am to CDG in business?

I imagine there will be sky priority check in desks and fast track?
Old Aug 24, 2022, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by ringingup
Will arriving two hours before the flight be enough for a 10 am to CDG in business?

I imagine there will be sky priority check in desks and fast track?
Two hours for a domestic flight? That is a huge amount of time, especially if flying in J.
Unless you continue to some destination requiring some special paperwork, I don't see the need to get there so early.
ringingup likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
Two hours for a domestic flight? That is a huge amount of time, especially if flying in J.
Unless you continue to some destination requiring some special paperwork, I don't see the need to get there so early.
Thank you! I’m connecting in CDG to OLB, so no paperwork required and all Schengen.

How early would you recommend we arrive? We need to return our car to Hertz, which is going to add a little time.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by ringingup
Thank you! I’m connecting in CDG to OLB, so no paperwork required and all Schengen.

How early would you recommend we arrive? We need to return our car to Hertz, which is going to add a little time.
I have no idea how long it will take to return the car. But checking for your flight 1h before departure would be fine.
Of course you may wish to add a risk premium for morning traffic and returning car.
ringingup and NickB like this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I would arrive 1h15 - 1h30 before. You can go to the lounge (which is nothing to write home about but still OK).
ringingup, orbitmic and NickB like this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 4:29 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Also 1h15 before flight would be fine. Add a few minutes for returning the hire car.
ringingup likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MRS is a fairly small airport that does not require you to be there ages in advance. Car return is straightforward and the walk from the car return to the entrance of Terminal 1B (where AF is located) is just a couple of minutes, if that. 1H15/1H30 as suggested by Goldorak would be more than plenty (and the lounge is definitely not worth arriving early for) unless you have personal reasons to expect delays and complications with your ticket at check-in or the car return.

The only caveat at that time in the morning is potential traffic on the roads from Aix or Marseille (it will be quieter this month but should pick up again in September) but, once at the airport, it should all be very quick.
ringingup and orbitmic like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.