Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Made AF booking but received instant cancellation notice that doesn't match bookings?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Made AF booking but received instant cancellation notice that doesn't match bookings?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2022, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

First time booking with Air France in years and came across this strange scenario. Phone centers are closed when I called and Twitter DM hasn't been much help.

I booked AF1061 EVN-CDG, with a train segment attached to Lille. Immediately after booking, there's a cancellation notification on the reservation that says my flight AF6420 to Lille has been cancelled. Super confused as that flight # doesn't match. Anyone else have this strange experience?

Travel is is 7 days away so I want to get this cleared up soon and some reassurance flight is still as scheduled.
I'm hoping this is some glitch as EVN-CDG is an intl that's once/day so hopefully no cancellations.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: AF/KLM FB Plat, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by henhen
First time booking with Air France in years and came across this strange scenario. Phone centers are closed when I called and Twitter DM hasn't been much help.

I booked AF1061 EVN-CDG, with a train segment attached to Lille. Immediately after booking, there's a cancellation notification on the reservation that says my flight AF6420 to Lille has been cancelled. Super confused as that flight # doesn't match. Anyone else have this strange experience?

Travel is is 7 days away so I want to get this cleared up soon and some reassurance flight is still as scheduled.
I'm hoping this is some glitch as EVN-CDG is an intl that's once/day so hopefully no cancellations.
The AF6420 part of your itinerary specifically for the train part, This is the Paris-Lille segment. Not the EVN-CDG, which is the AF1061 part of your itinerary. So probably just the Train segment has been cancelled. Found the AF6420 segment here.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by henhen

But what do you see if you look at the booking in Manage my Booking section of the website ? Do you see another train segment (the one you booked with the correct "flight" number) ? or do you just see the EVN flight ?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
But what do you see if you look at the booking in Manage my Booking section of the website ? Do you see another train segment (the one you booked with the correct "flight" number) ? or do you just see the EVN flight ?
Online manage booking shows a train segment with SCNF number, which is what I expected when I initially booked. The cancellation alert just adds to my confusion. From what I gather, the train segment used to be a flight segment (that's the cancellation reference?).

Anyways, AF Twitter also indicated my booking has not been issued by the local Armenia office and that I should call them... ehh. I'm not in Armenia right now and don't have international calling. It's been about 30 hours since booking. Should there be any concerns on my end...?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:51 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
You will certainly be rebooked on the next train. Worse comes to worse, you get a last minute CDG-LIlle train ticket and claim it back to AF.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olivedel
You will certainly be rebooked on the next train. Worse comes to worse, you get a last minute CDG-LIlle train ticket and claim it back to AF.
Well this is interesting. I called AF (reached the USA office through my skype app free toll free number). They told me due to French train strikes, my original train is cancelled and that ONLY the Armenia office of AF can modify/cancel my unissued booking (because when I originally booked online, it routed to them). Given that I'm not in Armenia right now and don't have free international calling, I ended up making a booking over the phone with the USA agent and had the booking ticketed for EVN-CDG + a different train connection to Lille, Fr.

I dug up an email to AF Armenia and asked them if they can just cancel and refund my booking with them that has been paid but not ticketed...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.