Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Situation at French airports (other than CDG & ORY)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2022, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Situation at French airports (other than CDG & ORY)

Hi everyone,

It is all in the title. Is it as bad as reported for Paris airports?

In particular, how is it in NTE. Has anyone recently flown from NTE?

Last edited by carnarvon; Jun 29, 2022 at 11:21 am
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:49 am

Programs: FB Gold
I've flown from SXB and MRS recently, queues were very short as usual. Thus, nothing exceptionnel.

I'll be departing from TLS this week-end but the local médias have not reporting any anomalies thus far either.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:51 am

Programs: FB platinum
I can't speak for NTE, but TLS is very smooth these days
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:53 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I flew from NTE at the end of May. The (old) airport was overcrowded and the standard (non-priority) lines for security were extremely long. The now defunct project for a new airport was way overdue.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:15 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Got back from BOD last week, like a zoo (both landside and airside), probably caused by the construction work though.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Thank you everyone

Originally Posted by JOUY31
I flew from NTE at the end of May. The (old) airport was overcrowded and the standard (non-priority) lines for security were extremely long. The now defunct project for a new airport was way overdue.
Yes, NTE is in dire need of a major upgrade ... pity the project was killed...

I have not flown from NTE in ages and don't remember where the priority queues were. I only remember the normal one upstairs, after the restaurant.

In any case, I am flying with HOP, so it will be from the small terminal on the right hand side of the airport. Is there a Sky Priority queue there?

Last edited by carnarvon; Jun 29, 2022 at 12:59 pm
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:09 pm

The airport is very busy, even if they have made some changes just before the COVID period by adding some security lines. During peak hours, there are not enough seats for everybody.
Now, the main terminal is connected to the « small » terminal. There is a skypriority line in the main terminal. In the past, there was also a sky priority line in the « small » terminal. But, I didn’t pass the security inside the « small » terminal since the COVID period.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. I will see tomorrow how the situation is.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Was in Nice two weeks ago, business as usual during summer. Fast Track security about 20min to go through but was selected for secondary. Otherwise, no problems at alll.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:51 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
I fly quite regularly out of NTE and it is really smooth.
By booking your parking ion advance, you get a discount (most time) and at most 8h parking free.
From parking to terminal, it’s maximum 2-7mn depending where you park.
Skypriority line is mostly empty or with 1-2 person so no wait.
No fast access at security but usually it is very fast (except if you are on a holiday departure day).
I usually plan to park 25mn before boarding and never miss my flight.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadavid
(...)
I usually plan to park 25mn before boarding and never miss my flight.
Thank you for sharing your experience.
I have been quite cautious and will arrive much earlier than you by train and shuttle though...
Old Jun 30, 2022, 4:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
What about Lyon?
Just recieved a notice from Easyjet advising me to arrive 3 hours in advance for my 7am flight tomorrow morning...
Old Jun 30, 2022, 4:43 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Roberts1987
What about Lyon?
Just recieved a notice from Easyjet advising me to arrive 3 hours in advance for my 7am flight tomorrow morning...
Flew out of LYS on tuesday.

Airport was a zoo, and indeed if you fly Easyjet (or AFKL without status) be prepared to spend a long time at security.
Fast track worked quite fast though; less than 10 minutes at 8am.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Thanks and that was what I feared. Decides to splurge and book a face track ticket
Will report back tommorrow.
maalloc likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:47 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by maalloc
Flew out of LYS on tuesday.

Airport was a zoo, and indeed if you fly Easyjet (or AFKL without status) be prepared to spend a long time at security.
Fast track worked quite fast though; less than 10 minutes at 8am.
Any idea flying ex LYS with status on non-ST? And how long is long time? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.