Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Situation at French airports (other than CDG & ORY)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:54 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by remymartin
Any idea flying ex LYS with status on non-ST? And how long is long time? Thanks.
As long as your status gives you access to the "Coupe file", you should be fine.
Didn't stay to time how long regular pax spent, but security had a few zig and some zags. Add to that the fact that the average LCC pax tends to be less experienced, and you end up with a long, slow-moving queue.
remymartin likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by tbaiyun
Got back from BOD last week, like a zoo (both landside and airside), probably caused by the construction work though.
​​​​​​Me too, we must have overlapped!
I found Bordeaux airport rather unpleasant with a tight and inefficient security place, which was a bit of a mess despite having Sky Priority. But I got through in less than half an hour. The airport was definitely not built for the level of traffic it is seeing these days.. There wasn't anything that tempted me to linger in the terminal building so I went to the Air France lounge. But it was frankly disgusting. It's weird, I thought Bordeaux was a more important place for Air France than the impression I received there.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
As promised, an update on my experience from Friday July 1st.
Ended up arriving at 04.20am for my 07.00am flight on Easyjet to Ajaccio, bought the "Fast Track" ticket online.
Only one person ahead of me, so was through in minutes. Also the regular line seemed to be going okay, maybe max 15 minutes. Of course I don't know how the situation would have gotten later on, there were a lot of Easyjet, Transavia and Volotea leisure flights departing between 6 and 8.
If you don't have Sky Priority I can recommend the Fast Track ticket for €8, available at the airport website.
miles4CDG and maalloc like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 6:37 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
And this is off topic but there are no topic for my question really: how is CDG T3 ? Friend of mine is flying DY to OSL next week and is worried.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by fransknorge
And this is off topic but there are no topic for my question really: how is CDG T3 ? Friend of mine is flying DY to OSL next week and is worried.
Think about a basic warehouse style thing and this is it
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:25 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I am more thinking of staff (or rather lack of staff) and impact on security queues or even access to Terminal (a la Amsterdam).
Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: FB Gold
I am more thinking of staff (or rather lack of staff) and impact on security queues or even access to Terminal (a la Amsterdam).
There are weekend strikes that will impact all terminaux. Otherwise, short staffed but nothing of the AMS or Frankfurt catastrophes.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Think about a basic warehouse style thing and this is it
Your Ultimate status may have made you very demanding. 😉

It is basic indeed, but not THAT bad, is it?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
No idea about lines at security. No problem to access the terminal. It's quite remote.

Originally Posted by carnarvon
Your Ultimate status may have made you very demanding. 😉
It is basic indeed, but not THAT bad, is it?
ha ha ha . Honestly, I haven't been for ages and yes, you are right, very basic but with all the services you can expect.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 7:42 am

Programs: FB Gold
Flew out of TLS this afternoon, efficient as usual. Honestly, my favourite airport as accès , bag drop, and contrôle sécurité super quick and the duty free shop seems to always have something that speaks to me. For the Ultimates here, even saw a separate check in desk.

Only pity is the salon is open only weekdays.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Will CDG and AF face any strikes?

Flying AF CDG- FLR for my daughter's wedding, mid July-August. Read that it is a mess. Should I drive? Or take the TGV?
canadavid likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Yahillwe

Flying AF CDG- FLR for my daughter's wedding, mid July-August. Read that it is a mess. Should I drive? Or take the TGV?
CDG is already facing strikes, not AF but ADP and subcontractors. There is no TGV to FLR. Just fly, you'll be fine. You're not safer with trains as you can expect train strikes as well as those guys already paid more than 5000€/months will surely fight to death for their purchasing power...
But I would have as carryons the essentials you want to have for the wedding just in case there is a baggage chaos
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Yahillwe

STrikes are a way of life in French public transport. For example, tere is currently a rail strike.
Train is not a good option to Florence.
Driving takes a long time, but a stop in Switzerland might be nice.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
CDG is already facing strikes, not AF but ADP and subcontractors. There is no TGV to FLR. Just fly, you'll be fine. You're not safer with trains as you can expect train strikes as well as those guys already paid more than 5000€/months will surely fight to death for their purchasing power...
But I would have as carryons the essentials you want to have for the wedding just in case there is a baggage chaos
Originally Posted by brunos
STrikes are a way of life in French public transport. For example, tere is currently a rail strike.
Train is not a good option to Florence.
Driving takes a long time, but a stop in Switzerland might be nice.
Thank you very much, but I live in Paris, though currently I am not there.

When I was in Florence in May and was at the train station I saw the TGV from Paris on the board. But it takes a while to get to Florence.

I should just bite the bullet and take my chances. I will be flying the 17of July, so hopefully they won't extend it.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by canadavid
I fly quite regularly out of NTE and it is really smooth.
(..) Skypriority line is mostly empty or with 1-2 person so no wait.
No fast access at security but usually it is very fast (except if you are on a holiday departure day).
I usually plan to park 25mn before boarding and never miss my flight.
Here is the report for the initial NTE/LYS/BIQ/LYS/NTE out on 30/06, back on 01/07.

NTE/LYS was delayed because of the strike in Paris, meaning I was going to miss my connection in LYS

- called the PSL who did wonders. I negotiated a re-routing NTE/CDG/BIO, BIO being my actual destination which I was going to reach by car from BIQ with a client.

The lady was initially reluctant because it was a domestic ticket (and she was not from the PSL, the overflow going to the standard line), but eventually she got the OK from manager. So, thumbs up for PSL.

The mid afternoon NTE/CDG had been cancelled due to the strike. So, I had to wait from 12 noon till 18:25 for the CDG flight. Not a nice experience. NTE needs a full refurbishment so they can catch up and make up for the wasted last 20 years.

NTE/CDG was delayed, so was CDG/BIO... Lounge in 2G was overloaded. Could not find a seat for 15 minutes.

NB : there is now a priority access for security screening in NTE. It is on the right side of the main alley. It leads to a glass door with a scanner which opens into the main screening area. An actual person directs you to the Xray machine effectively jumping the queue.

NB2: the NTE airport website is misleading regarding the shuttle departure from the station. It says the stop has been moved to the CHU (hospital) because of road works. This is false!!! I walked 15 minutes to the CHU only to come back by bus where it stopped at the station.

Return on 01/07

BIQ/LYS uneventful with helpful and professional crew.

Gates D in LYS for HOP flights as reported here.

I had a bit of time, so I turned right in the tunnel to the main terminal 1 (against the advice of the lady directing people), walked 10ish minutes and got to Confluence lounge.

It was 19h50. The lounge was full. The buffet was empty. The staff did not seem to mind. They advised that there would be no more hot food. And cold food would come only after they are finished with empty glasses. I had to leave before this happened, so I ate bread and butter. There was nothing else left.

Flight slightly delayed at departure, but on time in NTE. AF crew on A320. Good flight.
Goldorak and mlin32 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.