Search

Accessing lounge at CDG twice during the same layover question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying blue
Accessing lounge at CDG twice during the same layover question

Hello
I am platinum and got a bad deal, a transfer from 2G to 2E in one hour and 5 minutes or 11 hours. Since I don't want to miss my second flight then I took the 11 hour transfer
Planned going to Paris for lunch, but also I was looking at situations in AMS or LHR, so I am considering staying at CDG not to risk long queues to get back

Question is can I say access loung in 2F then take a break and go to the lounge in 2E, I have never done anything similar before, thank you in advance
Old Jun 22, 2022, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
You won't be allowed in 2F without a lot of negotiations. Just go to 2E. But with 11hrs transit, I would definitely go downtown Paris. And in the afternoon/evening, 2E departures are not so crowded.
drjeffrock and miles4CDG like this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Last month I transferred from 2G to 2E. The bus from 2G dropped all transit passengers at 2F. As a J passenger I had no problem accessing the 2F lounge. I did enjoy the 2F food and beverage offerings, more so than at the 2E lounge that day at the M gates.

I do agree that with 11h one could enjoy a nice day in Paris.
miles4CDG likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your answers guys. and agree about going to town, just wanted to know. But then Buster, you confirmed then that it is possible to access 2F and then 2E at M gates
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by rgc01
Thank you for your answers guys. and agree about going to town, just wanted to know. But then Buster, you confirmed then that it is possible to access 2F and then 2E at M gates
Yes that was my experience in May, when I had a 4h layover to go from 2G to 2E. I do not know whether CDG has since then changed the bus arrangement so that you are now obliged to take a bus direct from 2G to 2E-M, which was Goldorak's experience pre-COVID. However, the CDG airport website still shows the same bus arrangement as it showed in May. https://www.parisaeroport.fr/images/...s-bassedef.jpg So I think you have a good chance to experience the 2F lounge if you want.

If you do go to the 2F lounge, be sure to visit both upstairs and downstairs buffets, as well as the "Le Comptoir" dining area on the lower level.

The offerings and supplies can be a bit different at the different buffets (e.g. out of one dish upstairs, but in good supply downstairs), and "Le Comptoir" (lower floor, all the way to the right after the entry into the lounge) had a dish of the day, which I missed because I only went there a little after the lunch hours had concluded. I also recommend inspecting the glasses carefully before using because the 2F lounge dishwasher is not very thorough.

My experience was also that the air conditioning was better at 2F than 2E-M.

I will also note that to enter the 2F lounge, I did not have ask or negotiate anything with a human. I just scanned my boarding pass, the machine beeped and turned green, and the turnstile opened. It is possible that if I had spoken with an AF human employee to request entry, that the human would have tried to hurry me to 2E-M and dissuade me from using the 2F lounge.

Once you are finished with the 2F lounge, you can leave 2F the same was as any arriving Schengen passenger (either exit to Paris or transfer to one of the 2E concourses passing through immigration but no additional security necessary).

Would you kindly please come back to this thread and let me know of your experience?

When is your trip?

Last edited by Buster CT1K; Jun 24, 2022 at 4:04 pm
Old Jun 24, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Goldorak
You won't be allowed in 2F without a lot of negotiations. (...).
It was the case with the old lounges, where actual people would see your BP before scanning it for you (unless you went to the scanners opposite the desk AND the person next to them would not have look at it).

I remember reading here that the scanners at the automatic gates in the new lounge are "terminal blind", meaning they only "see" if you are departing from CDG today or not, which explains BusterCT1K's experience.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carnarvon
It was the case with the old lounges, where actual people would see your BP before scanning it for you (unless you went to the scanners opposite the desk AND the person next to them would not have look at it).

I remember reading here that the scanners at the automatic gates in the new lounge are "terminal blind", meaning they only "see" if you are departing from CDG today or not, which explains BusterCT1K's experience.
My experience earlier in the year matches that of BusterCT1K (arriving in 2F and departing from 2E but using the 2F lounge).
SDQBound and Goldorak like this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Would you kindly please come back to this thread and let me know of your experience?

When is your trip?
Thank you for you who answered and offered help
Trip is today, so it worked, I arrived earlier today 2G, then transfered and accessed the lounge in 2F, at the machine, first it was in French and it said, something about me flying from 2E so to use that lounge instead, but then I cancel and chose to change language to English. Went to Paris and then came back now to 2E L and access the machine, I chose to choose language English, and scanned and got access, I wanted to try in French but there were 3 attendants not busy just looking at me
And about food offering I can only agree, 2F is better
Old Jul 7, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by rgc01
Thank you for you who answered and offered help
Trip is today, so it worked, I arrived earlier today 2G, then transfered and accessed the lounge in 2F, at the machine, first it was in French and it said, something about me flying from 2E so to use that lounge instead, but then I cancel and chose to change language to English. Went to Paris and then came back now to 2E L and access the machine, I chose to choose language English, and scanned and got access, I wanted to try in French but there were 3 attendants not busy just looking at me
And about food offering I can only agree, 2F is better
I don't understand what happened at 2F lounge entrance.

The scanners are at the gates (unless you have a guest). Which machine are you talking about?

It told you in French that you were flying from 2E then you cancelled and changed to English then what? The gates opened?

Last edited by carnarvon; Jul 7, 2022 at 1:25 pm
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I don't understand what happened at 2F lounge entrance.

The scanners are at the gates (unless you have a guest). Which machine are you talking about?

It told you in French that you were flying from 2E then you cancelled abd changed to English then what? The gates opened?
I expect he means the screen at the right of entrance which is normally used for guest registration.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I expect he means the screen at the right of entrance which is normally used for guest registration.
The screens for guests are in fact on the left and AFAIK, only for guest registration, so does not make it easier to understand what happened to him ....
Old Jul 7, 2022, 2:03 pm

The screens for guests are in fact on the left and AFAIK, only for guest registration, so does not make it easier to understand what happened to him ....
So they are. What is it that is on the right then? Memory fails me.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
So they are. What is it that is on the right then? Memory fails me.
nothing on the right
Old Jul 8, 2022, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
nothing on the right
So the mystery is deepening....
Old Jul 8, 2022, 2:15 am

No mystery, just it's been a while since I've actually taken notice of my surroundings at CDG 😀 last time I was there was a couple months ago, delayed, and I just ran in, grabbed a quick drink and a sandwich, and moved out to catch my flight.

Can't even remember when was the time before that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.