Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France Ignoring Tahiti Dropping testing

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2022, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Air France Ignoring Tahiti Dropping testing

We fly from LAX to Tahiti for a trip of a lifetime May 24. French Polynesia dropped all testing for vaccinated passengers on May 16 but air France has not updated their website. No one answers the phone. Not sure whether I have to go find a test or not. Anyone have any thoughts on this
Old May 20, 2022, 2:29 pm

I'd go get the test just to be safe in case AF still wants it. Wouldn't want to screw up your vacation over something so small.
Old May 20, 2022, 3:30 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by scubaDoc1
We fly from LAX to Tahiti for a trip of a lifetime May 24. French Polynesia dropped all testing for vaccinated passengers on May 16 but air France has not updated their website. No one answers the phone. Not sure whether I have to go find a test or not. Anyone have any thoughts on this
if it is the trip of a lifetime as you mention , then a simple test that cost a few bucks shouldnt be the reason to gamble and mess with this opportunity

while i understand the desire to get the truth and follow it , just put both on the balance and choice will be easy to do
Old Jun 5, 2022, 7:15 pm

Anyone have updates on this? I presumed no test needed due to FP update in mid-May, but just received this from AF email yesterday for my flight on Tuesday

TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS

Before boarding, you must present:
A NEGATIVE COVID‑19 TEST please check the required type of test and its validity period
A COVID‑19 VACCINATION CERTIFICATE

please check the criteria of eligibility (type of vaccine authorized, country of injection...) and the minimum time required between the last injection and entry into the territory + ADDITIONAL TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
(forms, declarations, QR codes...)
to be printed and presented upon departure and arrival
Old Jun 6, 2022, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Airlines have a tough time updating and reflecting the nuances/complexities of fast-changing entry requirements for over 100 countries.
Hence AF sends a generic email that covers all cases.

The general Tahiti requirement is a test, but fully vaccinated pax are exempt. However, be very careful about the French meaning of fully vaccinated. You need a booster shot if your 2 shots (1 for Jansen) are more than 9 months ago.

https://tahititourisme.com/en-us/covid-19/
Traveler Dave likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brunos
Airlines have a tough time updating and reflecting the nuances/complexities of fast-changing entry requirements for over 100 countries.
This morning KLM sent me a notification for an upcoming flight, reminding me that "face masks are mandatory on all flights and at all airports worldwide".

That sure reflects a lot of nuances!

Johan
schlegfr, Traveler Dave and KLBGO like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:19 am

Just boarded AF flight out of LAX. No Covid test needed.

My wife and I are over 50 (ugh!) both fully vaccinated with both boosters (4 shots). Daughter is 13 fully vaccinated with single booster (3 shots). Just provided vaccine card and declaration form.

Masks are optional on the flight.
​​​​​​​

TD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.