Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles and Flying Blue datapoint

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Skymiles and Flying Blue datapoint

I know we have been through the “flights crediting to flying blue instead of skymiles” issue quite a bit, but I wanted to share a datapoint i found interesting.

Recent flight on AF metal, ticket purchased on delta.com while logged into my skymiles account. (I was redeeming some credits I had.)

When checking in for both flights, I made sure to be logged into my AF account.

Both flights credited to………. Skymiles! lol. I did not see that happening.

Interestingly enough, it did take around 7 days for the flights to credit in skymiles, whereas they normally credit for me fairly quickly.

On another note, what’s the deal with flying blue platinum benefits versus gold? Embarrassing 👎
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:11 am

Differences are clearly spelt out on either the KL or AF website.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:59 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by drjeffrock
Recent flight on AF metal, ticket purchased on delta.com while logged into my skymiles account. (I was redeeming some credits I had.).....Both flights credited to………. Skymiles! lol. I did not see that happening.
You basically found the source of your problem by yourself

Is skymiles a separated system from delta.com website ? I mean not just the URL but if you click on a link in skymiles website and it redirects you to delta.com , will delta.com recognize you logged in as drjeffrock ?

To avoid such issue , i recommend using another browser for your delta booking , and ensure both never share cookies and credentials between each other

I made sure to be logged into my AF account..
It doesnt matter , the fact you were logged into skymiles was most likely the reason

Have you checked what FFP was provided during online checkin , or even on the boarding pass ??

what’s the deal with flying blue platinum benefits versus gold? Embarrassing 👎
Please can you explain your thoughts ? I mean you know that each level come with different benefits regardless of the FFP ?

Last edited by fifty_two; Jun 8, 2022 at 2:14 am
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mikeact
Differences are clearly spelt out on either the KL or AF website.
Huh? I never said I could not find the differences...
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fifty_two
You basically found the source of your problem by yourself

Is skymiles a separated system from delta.com website ? I mean not just the URL but if you click on a link in skymiles website and it redirects you to delta.com , will delta.com recognize you logged in as drjeffrock ?

To avoid such issue , i recommend using another browser for your delta booking , and ensure both never share cookies and credentials between each other

It doesnt matter , the fact you were logged into skymiles was most likely the reason

Have you checked what FFP was provided during online checkin , or even on the boarding pass ??

Please can you explain your thoughts ? I mean you know that each level come with different benefits regardless of the FFP ?
When I purchased the ticket through delta.com, I included my skymiles info by virtue of being logged into my delta account. When I checked in to the flights, I made sure I was logged into my Air France account, and not logged into delta at all. The skymiles info is on the boarding pass, but we have all seen situations where the flights were credited to FB instead of skymiles even though the BP had skymiles info on it.

My guess is that when you purchase a delta ticket (006), that overides the issue of crediting to FB, even if you log into your AF account to check in for the delta flight, versus making sure you are logged out, cleared cache no cookies and checking in.

As far as flying blue benefits: I fly J or F, so I generally don't pay to choose a seat. I also don't see any great benefit in getting a few more miles and access to a different phone #. Just my opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.