Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I will NEVER fly Air France again. Abysmal service.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2021, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Exclamation I will NEVER fly Air France again. Abysmal service.

What a shame. Yes, things go wrong and mistakes happen. But when Air France take a year to respond to customer service queries with a completely unhelpful and blasé attitude, it makes me annoyed that I ever gave this company any money.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 7:50 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Oh, OK.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 11:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by lisali
What a shame. Yes, things go wrong and mistakes happen. But when Air France take a year to respond to customer service queries with a completely unhelpful and blasé attitude, it makes me annoyed that I ever gave this company any money.
Ok but I'm not sure what to do with this information
Old Mar 17, 2021, 12:22 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Goodbye cruel airline.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess I'm the other side of that coin. I've flown AF California to Europe my last 5 trips.
AF was so responsive last year when I had to drop a family trip booked for June 2020 ($14k worth of tickets refunded the day after I requested it - after the fights were cancelled of course).
In 2016, AF let me change, without hassle or charge at all, 6 econ tickets on a positioning flight because a schedule change had left us a 2 hour 2E - 2F xfr at CDG, and I wanted a minimum of 3.5 hours to avoid 'herding cats syndrome' (in the event, when we arrived 2F was under a closure for bomb threat and the extra 1.5 hours made all the difference.)
Maybe I was just lucky in agent roulette. But I'm a fan.
BearX220 and blairvanhorn like this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 1:10 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Smiles/GOL Diamond, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum
Please feel free to elaborate regarding your issues during the flight and with the credit of miles, also the communication channel you used to reach them. Maybe you will get some support here.
blairvanhorn and onanisland like this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
Goodbye cruel airline.
'I'm leaving you today...."
asnovici likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 2:52 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by CrimsonKnight1776
'I'm leaving you today...."
“Goodbye
Goodbye
Goodbye”
Old Mar 17, 2021, 2:52 pm

Programs: KL Plat
Fortunately for you there are other airlines available. Unfortunately I can't guarantee they have better or worse customer service than AF. Good luck!
nancypants likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 2:54 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Solevita
Unfortunately I can't guarantee they have better or worse customer service than AF. Good luck!
Based on what I've read on the Internet, every airline is the worst airline in the world.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Yolow
Please feel free to elaborate regarding your issues during the flight and with the credit of miles, also the communication channel you used to reach them. Maybe you will get some support here.
I found this on another thread; it sounds like the affected flights (London to São Paolo) were right at the start of the Covid disruption

Just an update: I flew Air France business class in the end. Never again. There were so many problems with the in-flight service. Wrong meals served, monitors and USB plugs not working, etc.

However, the biggest issue is the Air France customer service - miles not credited properly, flights cancelled due to COVID-19 with no clear communication from the airline and no replies to numerous emails I have sent them. It has now been 9 months. Unacceptable and disappointing.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Great, now I have to update willlisaliflyairfranceagain.com
Finkface and etiene like this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 4:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Finkface
Goodbye cruel airline.
"I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again....
I hate to go....."
Old Mar 17, 2021, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
"I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again....
I hate to go....."
Thanks for the earworm
Old Mar 17, 2021, 5:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Obviously, you've never dealt with Air Canada...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.