Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

LON-GRU Best business class? Help! :)

LON-GRU Best business class? Help! :)

Old Feb 22, 20, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Talking LON-GRU Best business class? Help! :)

Hi,

I'm looking to travel LON-GRU and would like to treat myself to a business class ticket. There are several options that are in my budget, which is 2K return.

Direct: LATAM
Up to 1 stop: TAP, Al Italia, Swiss, Lufthansa, Air France/KLM

Which one of these has the best business class seats/cabin?

Thank you!
Old Feb 22, 20, 2:05 pm

Air France is the best option.

The CDG-GRU is operated with their renovated 777 "BEST" product. Both AF456 and AF454 are equipped. Great 1-2-1 product, better than LX/LH for sure.
ens100 and lisali like this.
Old Feb 23, 20, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
Hi,

Do you have a particular constraint with timing / set dates for your trip? You could do OTP->DOH->GRU (and back) on Qatar in their Q-suites (DOH->GRU / GRU->DOH legs) for just under your budget. You would need to get a London->OTP flight and possibly a night in a hotel in Bucharest (which is a lovely city so you could visit this one too) but this should not blow your budget. You could make a real experience of this - and also have about 15 hours in the Q-Suite

If you are looking for something a bit more straightforward
  1. Lufthansa - get to fly on the 747-8 (if you are an av geek and this tickles your interest) and comfortable cabin with great staff. They really look after their customers. Only downside is that it is in a 2-2-2 config so you would need to step over someone if you choose a window seat,
  2. AF - Very comfortable seat and with all seats having direct access to the aisle. Crew is very good and food served is always exceptional. I flew AF a few times to Africa and always had a very good flight.
  3. BA (any reason you did not include this?) - I personally enjoy flying BA but it has to be said their CW product is a little dated. If you get a window seat then it is a very private comfortable space
  4. LATAM - comfortable seat and good cabin - direct flight so little time wasted. Nothing out of the ordinary though
  5. Alitalia - avoid if possible. Service is mediocre in my opinion and it is as if the staff do not want to be there / you are interrupting their day
lisali likes this.

Last edited by ens100; Feb 23, 20 at 1:55 am
Old Feb 23, 20, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your responses!

The Q-Suite sounds awesome, but I would like the trip to be under 16 hours each way with up to one stopover.

AF: Sounds promising!
BA: No business class fares under 2K return available at the moment.
LATAM: LON-GRU is 2-3-3; GRU-LON new staggered with direct aisle access. However, it is a direct trip, which is an advantage!
Al Italia: Too bad about the service. What is the business class cabin like, though? It looks they also have staggered seating but on both legs of the journey.
ens100 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 20, 8:27 am
Original Poster

I booked AF, found a really good price. Thank you for your advice!
IstKong likes this.
Old Feb 23, 20, 8:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lisali View Post
I booked AF, found a really good price. Thank you for your advice!
Great stuff, I am sure you will have a good and enjoyable flight, and the lounge in Paris (depending on which terminal you will be flying from) is really nice too.

Let us know how the flights were and what you though of AF business when you are back
lisali likes this.
Old Feb 23, 20, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AF has a great seat, usually great service and great wines, but the food is often “eh” (it can be good, but often the main courses are blah.) At the end of the day, I think it was still prob the best choice. Enjoy, that’s a good fare for such a long trip
lisali likes this.
Old Mar 1, 20, 9:40 am
Original Poster

By the way, is Air France's Flying Blue the best programme to collect miles on for this flight? I am currently not a member of any other SkyTeam frequent flyer programme.

Thank you!
Old Mar 2, 20, 2:52 pm

By the way, is Air France's Flying Blue the best programme to collect miles on for this flight? I am currently not a member of any other SkyTeam frequent flyer programme.

Thank you!

Flying Blue is cash based and not distance based. Without status, you will earn 4 points per euros spent on your flight. You have to check your booking class, then the distance of your trip, to see what's the best option. It also depends on what you want, status ? redemption ?

The LHR-CDG-GRU return will earn you (or almost earn you, I didn't checked precisely), a silver status with Flying Blue.
lisali likes this.
Old Mar 7, 20, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IstKong View Post
Flying Blue is cash based and not distance based. Without status, you will earn 4 points per euros spent on your flight. You have to check your booking class, then the distance of your trip, to see what's the best option. It also depends on what you want, status ? redemption ?

The LHR-CDG-GRU return will earn you (or almost earn you, I didn't checked precisely), a silver status with Flying Blue.
Thank you!

I am not much bothered about status. Redemption is more interesting.

Is joining Delta's SkyMiles an option and collecting the miles for this flight through them, as Delta's miles never expire?
Old Mar 7, 20, 9:53 am

Thank you!

I am not much bothered about status. Redemption is more interesting.

Is joining Delta's SkyMiles an option and collecting the miles for this flight through them, as Delta's miles never expire?
Then if you had a good fare and not looking for status, flying blue is not a good option since it is cash based and not distance based.
Check your booking class and "where to credit" website to see what's the best option for you. Delta may be a good option, but also alitalia, aeroflot...
lisali likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: