Wiki Posts
Search

Can't add extra luggage after check-in?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2021, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, 6C AMB, HH Silver
Can't add extra luggage after check-in?

First time on Air France in Business... already checked-in online, but now realize I need to add a bag (can we say crappy allowance). Anyway, the system says I can't add baggage online at a discount anymore. Is this true? Talking with rep, no help says, same price as the airport. The flight is exactly 24 hours from now... But this also seems to change with the wind, was first told $150 for first, $310 for two... now they are saying $200 each... what gives, do I hang up and try again?
Old Jan 16, 2021, 1:33 am

Programs: FB Gold • LH Senator • BA Silver • ITA Premium
You can add extra baggage only before checking online. Now you can:
1. Delete your check-in online procedure, add the extra baggage and done the check-in online once again
2. Go to the check-in counter and pay for the extra baggage there (note that will cost more then the online price)
tecate55 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, 6C AMB, HH Silver
Thanks AZ112. In the end, I deleted the check-in and added the extra bag, but again, the discounted fee was not allowed. So surprised that the system would be locked down like this...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.