Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID Restrictions to entry in France

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2021, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes in most cities it is less than 24 hours these days. This is discussed quite a bit in the testing threads.
Not really accurate.. not my experience for the past year nor from even 3 weeks ago… and not from my own research this week in DC, Boston or Philadelphia… timeframes haven’t changed, unlike in France where results are available much faster. But you tend to have a much easier traveling experience overall ;-)

One thing is what the actual speed of a result is, the other is the promised timeframe. You will be hard-pressed to find a promise for a PCR test result in under 48 hours. The institutions that do guarantee a fast timeframe cater to travelers—and charge a fee. Including in NYC.

I don’t know about you but when I am traveling I don’t base my decision on anecdotal turnaround times. I base it on what the medical center states. I don’t think I’m alone in that rationale.
blairvanhorn, Xyzzy, Happy and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 3:22 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by arkangel
I had to pay 30 Euros for a test at LYS on July 25.
If you are foreigner and dont pay taxes in france , you will need to pay . It is also possible you did it with a private lab , which was more than happy to charge you and forgot to said you can claim back the money (or show your french insurance card
bostontraveler likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 9:03 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
France moves US and Israel to “orange” list

Effective this Sunday 12 Sept, only vaccinated allowed into France for non-essential purposes from the US and Israel:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexled...h=487c3147d125
blairvanhorn and Xyzzy like this.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 2:26 am
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
But unvaccinated people from the EU are okay to enter?

I'm in Annecy. Nobody has asked for the pass sanitaire. Was in Chamonix before. Maybe once I had to show my CDC card.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by exp
But unvaccinated people from the EU are okay to enter?
With a test or proof of recovery. None of these options would help with travelling from France to the US though, so I don't think the French government is exactly being unfair to the US travelers.
remymartin likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I'm trying to find out if I need to complete a PLF for entry to France. Nothing to do with Air France, I know, but I will be crossing the lake (Lac Léman) later today to arrive at Yvoire in the Haute Savoie. Boat entries during Corona were subjected to rather special rules. And what about that honour form?
Old Oct 2, 2021, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
I'm trying to find out if I need to complete a PLF for entry to France. Nothing to do with Air France, I know, but I will be crossing the lake (Lac Léman) later today to arrive at Yvoire in the Haute Savoie. Boat entries during Corona were subjected to rather special rules. And what about that honour form?
The PLF for France has never been electronic unfortunately and it seems it's no longer needed. And in any case, I don't think iy was required for land border crossing. For the statement of honor, don't bother with this. Nobody has ever requested it
Old Oct 2, 2021, 6:24 am

Programs: FB Gold
Land crossings have been back to normal for a few months now.
Old Oct 2, 2021, 6:21 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Originally Posted by mlin32
Land crossings have been back to normal for a few months now.
Man I left for GVA from Annecy about 2-2.5 hours before a morning flight.

Bumper to bumper traffic the last 10 kilometers before the border.

They weren't checking anything but there were guards between the lanes and cars were creeping past them.

Is that normal?

I guess a lot of people in Annecy and other towns in the region commute to work in Geneva. One restaurant owner in Annecy said that people there have a lot of money because they work in Geneva.

I guess salaries would have to be high enough if that kind of traffic is typical of what they deal with every day.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 2:16 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by exp
Man I left for GVA from Annecy about 2-2.5 hours before a morning flight.

Bumper to bumper traffic the last 10 kilometers before the border.

They weren't checking anything but there were guards between the lanes and cars were creeping past them.

Is that normal?

I guess a lot of people in Annecy and other towns in the region commute to work in Geneva. One restaurant owner in Annecy said that people there have a lot of money because they work in Geneva.

I guess salaries would have to be high enough if that kind of traffic is typical of what they deal with every day.
There's a very big salary difference (2x) between la Suisse and the neighbouring EU countries so it's very normal to have a lot of frontaliers. Reside in a lower cost country (not Suisse), earn 2x the salary by working across the border, why not ?
Old Oct 3, 2021, 4:05 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by mlin32
There's a very big salary difference (2x) between la Suisse and the neighbouring EU countries so it's very normal to have a lot of frontaliers. Reside in a lower cost country (not Suisse), earn 2x the salary by working across the border, why not ?
I’ve known of diplomatic staffs who semi-illegally lived (or at least shopped) in France. Under normal, Schengen circumstances this was definitely not a problem.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 11:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
I'm seeing that in order to enter France, one need to provide a sworn statement attesting to the absence of symptoms of covid-19 infection and contact with a confirmed case of covid-19 in addition of the proof of vaccination (source). Do I have to print this doc or can I show it on my smartphone? Looks like the only sworn statements available in the TousAntiCovid app are for curfew/stay at home order.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyteamEP
I'm seeing that in order to enter France, one need to provide a sworn statement attesting to the absence of symptoms of covid-19 infection and contact with a confirmed case of covid-19 in addition of the proof of vaccination (source). Do I have to print this doc or can I show it on my smartphone? Looks like the only sworn statements available in the TousAntiCovid app are for curfew/stay at home order.
I've been to France twice and the only time I've been ask to show it was by the Delta check in agent before my initial flight who didn't even care if it was filled out. YMMV
Old Oct 3, 2021, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyteamEP
nobody cares about this. Don't bother
Old Oct 3, 2021, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Goldorak
nobody cares about this. Don't bother
Indeed. Flew SFO-CDG last week and no one asked for it, not at AF check-in in SFO, nor arriving at CDG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.