Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID testing in Paris Airport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2020, 1:45 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life; ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by brunos
I believe that you misrepresent the post by this AF union to its member.

It basically says that a FA who wish to be tested while not on duty (i.e. during rest time at home) cannot go from home to get a test at the airport.
The airport testing center gives priority to arriving passengers or crew.

Regarding "mutual" testing, I think that's in the cards worldwide.
Italy imposed it on pax arriving from France, so France reciprocated. Even though the practical execution of such a plan is still very latin on both sides.
I was reffering to the fact that Goldorak was able to be tested in T2E a few days ago although he was not arriving in T2E, but he came specially at the airport to be tested; This method seems no more possible now.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by pascalgr
I was reffering to the fact that Goldorak was able to be tested in T2E a few days ago although he was not arriving in T2E, but he came specially at the airport to be tested; This method seems no more possible now.
This is not totally correct
I went specifically to CDG first to enquire whether it was possible to be tested even if you are not arriving from one of the "red countries". I was told yes (and there were several airport staff AF or non-AF who were in the line to get tested when I came that day). But I was not tested that day.
Then some days later, arriving from Greece in 2F on Aug. 26, I went to 2E to get tested in view of a trip to Italy 2 days later. So, when I got tested, I did not came just for this at the airport. I was arriving from a flight, but a EU one.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 2:43 pm

@Goldorak : Sorry for the misunderstanding;
It is not sure that if arriving from 2F you can now go to 2E and get tested;
The main issue I see is that :
- if someone do a test, he doesn't know for sure when he will get the result and in case of positivity it is too late to postpone trip except if you have a full flex ticket and full flex hotel booking;
- If Airline wants to help traffic to pick up they should allow postpone trip without penalty in case of positive test and despite being less than 48 hours from departure;
Old Sep 1, 2020, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by pascalgr
@Goldorak : Sorry for the misunderstanding;
It is not sure that if arriving from 2F you can now go to 2E and get tested;
The main issue I see is that :
- if someone do a test, he doesn't know for sure when he will get the result and in case of positivity it is too late to postpone trip except if you have a full flex ticket and full flex hotel booking;
- If Airline wants to help traffic to pick up they should allow postpone trip without penalty in case of positive test and despite being less than 48 hours from departure;
If you are positive, for sure you cannot travel. But today, with AFKL at least you can modify the date for any trip even with Light fares. You may have to pay a fare difference, but at least you can do something and not lose a ticket.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
If you are positive, for sure you cannot travel. But today, with AFKL at least you can modify the date for any trip even with Light fares. You may have to pay a fare difference, but at least you can do something and not lose a ticket.
Yes you can but you need to change the ticket at least 48 hours before the flight; and you will know the test result in less than 48 hours before the flight ; and in this case it is too late to change the flight with no change fee;
Old Sep 2, 2020, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
This delay in results is truly painful.
Many foreign countries require that the test be taken no more than 72h before departure (some 48h some 96h).
If you are taking a longhaul flight that flies only once or twice a week, there is little room for change.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

This delay in results is truly painful.
In my (single) experience in CDG testing, it was finally OK : got the result about 36 hrs after sampling.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
In my (single) experience in CDG testing, it was finally OK : got the result about 36 hrs after sampling.
In a way, your timing was perfect. You arrived at CDG and only departed again 2 days later.
WIth an intercontinental flight, you don't have much margin of error, given how busy testing centers are nowadays and the low priority for those travelling.

The announcement of a million test per week sounds great. But the reality is that there is hardly enough human ressources to process 100,000 per day and with the non-linear increase in infections ...
France has been badly lagging the UK and Germany in terms of testing. Even Italy and Spain have performed more tests.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 1:35 am

In a way, your timing was perfect. You arrived at CDG and only departed again 2 days later.
WIth an intercontinental flight, you don't have much margin of error, given how busy testing centers are nowadays and the low priority for those travelling.

The announcement of a million test per week sounds great. But the reality is that there is hardly enough human ressources to process 100,000 per day and with the non-linear increase in infections ...
France has been badly lagging the UK and Germany in terms of testing. Even Italy and Spain have performed more tests.
last week more than a million tests were done some résults are fast..my friend had his result same day ... of course not in an airport
Old Sep 3, 2020, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wil973
last week more than a million tests were done some résults are fast..my friend had his result same day ... of course not in an airport
I would very much appreciate if you could let me know the labs where your friend got that turnaround for a patient without symptoms and aside cluster testing. I will need it soon.

I am surprised by your statement that the number of tests last week was already over 1 million. The number given yesterday on BFMTV and by some government official was well below that. Would you mind sharing the source.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 6:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / SkyTeam Elite Plus
I would very much appreciate if you could let me know the labs where your friend got that turnaround for a patient without symptoms and aside cluster testing. I will need it soon.

I am surprised by your statement that the number of tests last week was already over 1 million. The number given yesterday on BFMTV and by some government official was well below that. Would you mind sharing the source.
Hi brunos, I'm not OP but here's an article from Sunday which quotes the govt spokesperson saying current testing is over 900,000/week. https://www.leparisien.fr/societe/sa...20-8375601.php

I got tested at the Centre de dépistage set up by the town of Levallois (just outside Paris). I had to get surgery for an unrelated matter, my test was marked "urgent" and I got my result 24 hours later. On the phone I was told "non-urgent" cases get their results 48 hours after getting tested.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 9:26 am

i was reading it yesterday on 20 min ... like 7000 new but more than a million test....
oh that lab is far ..... in one dom... but yeah french island but not "france"
Old Sep 3, 2020, 9:52 am

Le nombre de foyers d’infection (ou « clusters ») en cours d’investigation a augmenté de 53 en 24 heures, à 378. De son côté, le nombre de patients du Covid-19 hospitalisés en réanimation est en progression de 15 personnes, à 424. La DGS indique qu’on s’approche de l’objectif du million de tests fixé par le gouvernement : sur les sept derniers jours, 976.812 tests ont été réalisés.

20min .... yesterday
Old Sep 3, 2020, 10:41 am

Extract from Figaro yesterday 2 september 19H11 CET time : http://www.lefigaro.fr/sciences/en-d...ssion-20200902
À noter qu'1.004.859 ont été effectués lors de la semaine glissante

So apparently we are already over 1 Millions test per week in France.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

France has been badly lagging the UK
What I don't understand about that is that, in the UK, you are only eligible for a test if you have COVID symptoms or if you are an essential worker (and in this latter case, on referral from your employer) or if you are a resident or worker in a care home. It would not be possible, for instance, for me to request a test. By contrast, in France, in many areas it would be possible for me to get a test on demand. If the UK is so much more prolific with tests, why do they restrict the availability of testing so much?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.