Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Rant : Dear ADP, virus or not, your incompetence will never cease to impress me

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rant : Dear ADP, virus or not, your incompetence will never cease to impress me

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2021, 6:50 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
No, we are not complaining about the absence of controls.

We are pointing out what a disorganised mess the entire thing is. And the mismatch between big announcements on the one hand and operational meltdown, incompetent people, wrong communications, contradicting rules on the other.

And indeed, it might indeed be true that the lady doesn't know in which country a city is. I remember a check several months ago when "motif imperieux" were needed but travel to EU was OK. At the entrance to security controls at 2F I showed a BP for a flight to MXP, the ADP lady waved me through, the policeman next to her barked "what's that thing" and she explained that MXP stood for "Milan, that's in Spain". No kidding. A week prior the police people quizzed about a boarding pass to GVA.
blairvanhorn, brunos and Goldorak like this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
No, we are not complaining about the absence of controls.

We are pointing out what a disorganised mess the entire thing is. And the mismatch between big announcements on the one hand and operational meltdown, incompetent people, wrong communications, contradicting rules on the other.

And indeed, it might indeed be true that the lady doesn't know in which country a city is. I remember a check several months ago when "motif imperieux" were needed but travel to EU was OK. At the entrance to security controls at 2F I showed a BP for a flight to MXP, the ADP lady waved me through, the policeman next to her barked "what's that thing" and she explained that MXP stood for "Milan, that's in Spain". No kidding. A week prior the police people quizzed about a boarding pass to GVA.
Absolutely.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
All about these very small people getting hold of powers that are way beyond their capabilities or imaginations. We're in a very bad way with all of this.
johan rebel likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle
Any updated info about T1 reopening ?

MUC airport is re-opening T2 on wednesday so I guess all airports are thinking about getting back to normal configuration.
But ADP is always full of surprises...
Old Jun 22, 2021, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by matmatlr
Any updated info about T1 reopening ?

MUC airport is re-opening T2 on wednesday so I guess all airports are thinking about getting back to normal configuration.
But ADP is always full of surprises...
I have no specific information, but I don’t see T1 reopening anytime soon. I think some more sub-terminals of T2 will reopen before and then T1 if needed. But it’s clearly time to reopen at least 2C/A/D/G (B is already open).
Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:31 am

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I have no specific information, but I don’t see T1 reopening anytime soon.
A few months ago, Augustin de Romanet said it wouldn't reopen before 2023 : https://www.air-journal.fr/2020-12-0...3-5224457.html
Old Jun 23, 2021, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Nico40
A few months ago, Augustin de Romanet said it wouldn't reopen before 2023 : https://www.air-journal.fr/2020-12-0...3-5224457.html
Everything that he says has to be taken with a pinch of salt. But he said that traffic from T2A&C would be transferred to T1 because of necessary works.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 2:36 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Oh god, they can't even staff 2E immigration. Next few months are going to be "fun"...
Old Jun 25, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
And I just heard from my sister who left from 2E today... protesters blocked the entrance to parts of the airport...she had to get out at 2C and walk to 2E...only to find that more protesters blocked access to security.
Passengers apparently complained saying it was poorly managed by ADP... shocker...
Big disruptions today at 2E....
Old Jun 27, 2021, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
This is at CDG for the Skytrax vote for the best world airport. Anyone ?

blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 1:57 pm

After reading all these horror stories, for my JFK to NTE last week I opted to fly through AMS instead of CDG as I usually do, since there are direct flights from Amsterdam to Nantes. AMS was a breeze, almost no wait to go to the Schengen side (plus, I forgot how amazing Lounge 52 is, i decided to spend most of my time there before heading to passport control !). Looks like I made the right decision!
Old Jun 27, 2021, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
This is at CDG for the Skytrax vote for the best world airport. Anyone ?

ADP is so desperate that they are buying advertisement space to increase their terrible ranking ... pathetic
Old Jun 27, 2021, 11:27 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Club2000 Ultimate / M&M HON Circle / ALL Diamond / Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Bullspread
ADP is so desperate that they are buying advertisement space to increase their terrible ranking ... pathetic

"Now the time to spread the message" !
Don't worry about it ADP, we already started for a while...
Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:42 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by matmatlr

"Now the time to spread the message" !
Don't worry about it ADP, we already started for a while...
Old Jul 8, 2021, 11:40 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Today at CDG, Priority security check lines filled to the brim with non-priority pax.
Asked the « filtering» agent why boarding passes were not checked, his answer was that « regular security lines are filled because traffic increased. So fast track is used as a normal line »

Well done anticipating that 2F traffic would increase once EU tourism is restored, ADP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.