Refund

Old Mar 12, 2020, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Refund

I'm trying to get my ticket refunded per the waiver posted on Air France's website for flights to the United States. When I log into the reservation on the website, it says to complete the refund and cancelation form to cancel the trip, and has a link to that form. However, when I go to that link, I get a message saying that the form should only be completed once the reservation is canceled. The messages are contradictory; do I need to do something else to cancel the reservation, or can that be handled by just filling out the form?
Old May 9, 2020, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
I filled out the form without cancelling first - I requested a refund per fare conditions (for a fully refundable ticket.)
About 5 days later someone who read the form cancelled the itinerary but did NOT submit for a refund.
I know this because when I logged on to the FB account the itinerary had dropped from active reservations 5 days after submitting the form.
Still waiting for a refund I called AF asking about the status of a refund, they said "What refund? Trip cancelled but no refund request submitted."
Umm ok...
So then I requested a refund over the phone (essentially again)
That was 6 weeks since form submission and 4 weeks from call - still waiting.
Been playing by the rules but AF is just really frustrating to deal with even for cut and dry issues.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.