Any AF flight schedule cuts/reductions?

Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
FYI, ORY hall2, CDG 2G and 2E-M will be closed during the coming week. They were also recently talking about closing CDG 3, but I don’t know if done or not. More to come likely.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I assume that lounges will have to close or have already closed?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
There are very few new "domestic" cases in China, only 4 yesterday in Hubei, and none outside of Hubei for the last three days.
But quite a few "imported" cases (16 yesterday).
Hence, Beijing is instituting a 14-day quarantine in dedicated facilities for all overseas travelers.
We are getting a reverse scenario.
In some ways a good news, but also an indication that the crisis will not stop soon.
And not good for AF flight resumption

Last edited by brunos; Mar 15, 2020 at 7:03 am
Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by brunos
We are getting a reverse scenario.
In some ways a good news, but also an indication that the crisis will not stop soon.
And not good for AF flight resumption
Fully agree. I think we will not see any beginning of an improvement before july, if not later.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brunos
Indeed and this is precisely what gave rise to controversy in the UK on the question of how to approach the issue. Given that we won't be able to eradicate it completely and given that social distancing measures cannot last forever, unless you develop a critical mass of natural immunity in the population, there is a high risk that current abatement measures may be effective in containing the spread of the disease for now (and China, Singapore, HK and South Korea seem to suggest that this can indeed be effective) but it could come back with a vengeance in 3, 4 or 6 months time and, moreover, at a worse time in terms of seasonal pressures on health services. Anyway, I think we are getting somewhat OT here so best get back to AF schedules.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Fully agree. I think we will not see any beginning of an improvement before july, if not later.
There is a vast improvement in North East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea) and Singapore. But now that it has reached less disciplined countries, it might indeed take time.
SkyteamEP likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
80% of Air France employees will be under partial unemployment, according to Le Monde (article in French)
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:30 pm

Programs: FB Gold
I'm one of the more unlucky ones during the rapidly evolving situations this weekend.

I flew a provincial route, Strasbourg - Marseille on Friday. All was normal, flight was 80% full but that's just a once daily E145 operated by Hop ! so not hard to achieve. I'm taking a long week-end along the côte d'Azur, because I needed a break and warmth.

I hope the route is maintained thru Tuesday, when I fly back.

With a sudden shutdown of many businesses, I hope I'm able to recover my car from the dealership in Strasbourg. I had left it there over the weekend for them to do scheduled maintenance. At the same time, I hope I am allowed back into Germany, as the frontiere will be heavily restricted beginning 8h Monday.

I realised, everything is really out of my hands this point. Best to just enjoy the Var, talk with the locals, crack open a few bottles of rosé, soak up the warmth, and take things as they come.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mlin32
I'm one of the more unlucky ones during the rapidly evolving situations this weekend.

I flew a provincial route, Strasbourg - Marseille on Friday. All was normal, flight was 80% full but that's just a once daily E145 operated by Hop ! so not hard to achieve. I'm taking a long week-end along the côte d'Azur, because I needed a break and warmth.

With a sudden shutdown of many businesses, I hope I'm able to recover my car from the dealership in Strasbourg. I had left it there over the weekend for them to do scheduled maintenance. At the same time, I hope I am allowed back into Germany, as the frontiere will be heavily restricted beginning 8h Monday.

I realised, everything is really out of my hands this point. Best to just enjoy the Var, talk with the locals, crack open a few bottles of rosé, soak up the warmth, and take things as they come.
Talk, but keep the social distancing of 2 meters recommended bu US CDC and most countries, not the silly French 1 meter.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mlin32

Talk, but keep the social distancing of 2 meters recommended bu US CDC and most countries, not the silly French 1 meter.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 3:18 pm

Programs: FB Gold
I don't care or worry about getting the virus. I worry about getting home.

Both AF1445 today and tomorrow cancelled. I got notice in the afternoon after I'd already been checked in, tried to call. I didn't like any of the options proposed to me online or by the bot, so I just went to the aéroport. Got it sorted out in about 2 minutes, will be flying out first thing via LYS, arriving Strasbourg (hopefully) at 09h30.

My bigger worry is now getting home from Strasbourg, as I live in Germany and the dealership was unwilling to confirm they would open tomorrow (Tues) for me to pick up my car. So I may be doing more split second decisions in the next 24h.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.