Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bugs on Airfrance.com and iOS apps - it's getting ridiculous

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2024, 12:19 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
The issue is now the automatic opening of the iOS app whenever I go on the AF.com website no an iOS device. Which is a pain, because when I want to log on to another family member's account to manage a booking, the iOS mobile app automatically open - but with my own flights, info, account, etc. There is no "use desktop version" function in the iOS app, so I am stuck everytime and need to wait until I can acess a desktop/laptop computer.

Very annoying.
Yeah, this is annoying but I found a workaround that seems to hold. I will use airfrance.de as the example website. After logging in there, it will bounce you to the app (where if you are already logged in, you will see your own reservations). But if you go back to the browser on your phone, in the same window where you were previously logging in, manually go back to airfrance.de. The website will open as normal, but the user you were logging in, i.e. not the app user, will be logged in. It seems the login sets the browser cookies, so going to the website by hand works.

I have had to do this since the app updates as I usually manage my family members' accounts too.

Originally Posted by maalloc
Weird, I don’t see this behavior.

Have you tried going to af.com in a private browsing window? That should prevent Safari Mobile from opening the app.
Private window works too. Safari will just ask you if you want to allow it to open the app, and you can say no/cancel there. Then the website opens as normal.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Thanks a lot. Private window does the trick. I am very relieved, managing family bookings (which I do a lot, I am the family travel agent and three out of the four of us fly a lot) has now become possible again. Merci!
maalloc likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by maalloc
The latest version of the iOS app seems to be way better, speed and reliability-wise.

I can now open the "My trips" tab without having to wait 30s for a refresh. Lazy loading of booking infos make each booking page appear faster too
I don’t see a lot of difference speed-wise. Always takes like forever to reload everything. And glitches still not corrected : still no row numbers and letters on seat map for 2-3 months now. And another one I’m seeing for the 2nd time : a few hours before the flight, if you return to the seat map, all seats appear as empty while they were all or almost all taken before and no seat change or selection can be done and it stays like this until departure.
sehgalanuj likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 3:55 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
They are indeed playing around with the seat map engine.

For this WE’s flight, it started with a UI glitch which made the seat change confirmation button unreachable.
Then it turns out you can’t tell the difference between booked seats (X) and blocked seats (greyed out) anymore. Not good when you like to get the first row.

Just when I was going to cheer for the first update that did not contain any regression…
Old Mar 16, 2024, 8:49 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
I've encountered a different seat map bug this week too. In one of my bookings for a while all seats showed as available (even J for a Y booking), but no seat was selectable. In another booking row 1 was available but not any time I selected it I got an error that the seat wasn't available. The seat map is definitely being very glitchy.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Biggest gripe I have with the KLM/AF apps on my ipad is that they only display in portrait mode and not landscape like what any other normal app does.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 9:24 am

Programs: TP *S | FB Silver | LH
The odd bug I am currently experiencing is the following:

On the AF or KL websites, my upcoming flights show with the correct flight numbers (mix of AF and KL flights).

On the app (both AF and KL - iOS and Android), all flights numbers are showing as KL codeshares.

The ticket was issued by AF.

So I got a feeling that during OLCI, on the apps, I will get BPs with KL codeshare flight numbers and the correct KL and AF flight numbers if done via the website....

Last edited by smbk83; Mar 27, 2024 at 10:09 am
Old Mar 27, 2024, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by smbk83
The odd bug I am currently experiencing is the following:

On the AF or KL websites, my upcoming flights show with the correct flight numbers (mix of AF and KL flights).

On the app (both AF and KL - iOS and Android), all flights numbers are showing as KL codeshares.

The ticket was issued by AF.

So I got a feeling that during OLCI, on the apps, I will get BPs with KL codeshare flight numbers and the correct KL and AF flight numbers if done via the website....
no worries, it’s been on for several years like this when booking code-shares. The place where you checkin has no impact. If you booked under code-share flight numbers, the flight will be handled as such.
smbk83 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Billyfergus
Biggest gripe I have with the KLM/AF apps on my ipad is that they only display in portrait mode and not landscape like what any other normal app does.
Which is all the more annoying as using the website in order I to have a horizontal screen layout automatically opens the application, which then is vertical.
Billyfergus likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Since yesterday, the app keeps disconnecting (from FB account) and I can’t reconnect now. Do you have the same problem ?
Old Mar 31, 2024, 1:12 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Since yesterday, the app keeps disconnecting (from FB account) and I can’t reconnect now. Do you have the same problem ?
Mine stays connected, but the Purchase tab is broken, it stays in a "loading" state and nothing can be clicked.
Julien must be playing with production servers thinking no one would notice on a Eastern Sunday

Goldorak likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 4:17 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
it was fine until I went to check.
now it is broken as well 😂
Old Apr 3, 2024, 3:16 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Smiles/GOL Diamond, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum
Same as well with the app in the past few days (been solved for now), as well as login with name and password on FB website (still unsolved).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.