Bugs on Airfrance.com and iOS apps - it's getting ridiculous

Old Feb 6, 20, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Bugs on Airfrance.com and iOS apps - it's getting ridiculous

After several years where their site and apps had improved significantly in functionality, user friendliness and reliability, bugs have become more frequent and have now entered the absurd zone. Maybe some of our forum members with good connections to AF can pass on the observations.

Here are some highlights:
  • iPhone app: after having selected the travel dates the app shows flights but for the day *before* the one entered! For instance, if you search for a flight for February 18th, the app shows you flights, but for February 17th! It has occurred to me several times that I had only realised that after having received the ticket by mail or by seeing the booking on the app. This error occurs sometimes, not always
  • iPhone and iPad app: wrong fare conditions are shown. For *every* ticket it says in the "changes" section that no changes are allowed to the reservation. Once you go on the PC version, the correct fare conditions are shown and some tickets can even be changed online (for some TA-issued tickets the changes have to be done over the phone. But at least there the correct label is shown: changes cannot be done online). Very misleading, and it may have resulted in some people letting their ticket lapse because they were misled into believing that the ticket did not allow any changes.
  • Discrepancies in availability for specific booking classes between website and call center for a change in reservation: online, seats are shown to be available without needing to pay any fare difference (presumably that means that there are seats in the same booking class). However, the confirmation always fails. Expertflyer shows availability in those booking classes (even when searching specifically by country of ticket issuance). On the phone, they say no seats are available in that booking class and only offer next booking class for higher fare.
  • This is my favourite one: ticket booked for a two leg journey BLQ-CDG//CDG-GVA, price and flight number all seems OK. Then, when selecting seats the second leg does not come up as CDG-GVA but as CDG-AMS! Operated on a B737 by KLM. In other words, there is confusion between the flights just selected and priced and the seat map., they basically don't know where they'll send me. Tried three times, always with same result. This is really fundamental

There are a number of other bugs that do not have such (potential) consequences, but still make the app look unreliable and sloppily done. Things like some screen during the check-in process showing that it is pulling up the cabin map for the flight to San Francisco - and always San Francisco, even if you're going somewhere else; the iPad screen turning itself on its head during check-in; and so on.

Maybe someone at AF will pick this up and address at least the gravest problems.
  • =inheritiPad app: during check-in process, while a screen is loaded a text appears "loading cabin map for your flight AF xxx to San Francisco". Even if you're flying somewhere completely different
Old Feb 6, 20, 3:21 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, United Premier Silver, Connect Miles Plat, Marriott Plat,
The date thing has happened to me as well. Very annoying!

Other than that I am right now struggling to make a retro claim on recent flights (CPH-CDG-PTY) in Y and A class respectively. The flights are "ineligible" for miles. Huh?
Old Feb 7, 20, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
The date thing is always happening to me when I am not in the CET time zone. It is super annoying. I have already reported this bug several times to AF.
Old Feb 9, 20, 2:35 pm

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
For me checking in with the app is always a quest. I always have to go through a series of in app refreshes, app restarts, false error messages, and check in attempts before it works....if it works....

Last edited by Zembla; Feb 9, 20 at 2:42 pm
Old Feb 9, 20, 5:47 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus
The other day, I wanted to book a multi-destination trip on the website. The price kept doubling when moving from the select flights page to the passenger information page. This stayed like this for multiple days.

Today, another multi-destination trip "there are no options" on AF website, while KL website returned multiple options.
Old Feb 10, 20, 1:10 am

Programs: Many
The app was really nice at some point, well designed and super easy to use, almost all features were there.

Then they decided to make it a mess and ruin the experience.
San Gottardo, Zembla and AurelAF96 like this.
Old Feb 10, 20, 1:25 am

Programs: BA BAEC Gold (oW Emerald), AF/KLM FB Plat (ST E+), *Alliance Nada
The date issue does not impact only the booking experience, but also whenever I input the expiration date of my passport (or green card), or my DOB (or the DOB of my travel companions).

I input the correct date, but after saving, it displays the Date minus 1 day. However, when I try to edit the field, it shows me again the correct date.

It has therefore always been a dilemma to me whether I should input my DOB/Passport Exp. Date with one day more (at least with the bug, it will display the correct date) or whether I should keep things as such, hoping that it is only a display issue but the saved value is correct in the systems.

vinnyc
JournoFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 10, 20, 4:13 am

On the website, I cannot log in from work: I enter my information and the page loops to empty fields when I click Continue, with no explanation whatsoever. I think it is some sort of incompatibility with our firewall but since it is not a problem with other legit websites, I am blaming AF. It also started happening at home. I also have problems when trying to upgrade with miles since it asks me to log in a second time.

Also, 99.9% of the time, the Upgrade With Miles banner appears but after clicking it and waiting for a while one is told there is no availability.
Old Feb 11, 20, 4:27 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, United Premier Silver, Connect Miles Plat, Marriott Plat,
Could the date thing be due to the fact that we have a Feb 29th this year, not accounted for in the software...?
Old Feb 11, 20, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
Could the date thing be due to the fact that we have a Feb 29th this year, not accounted for in the software...?
No. It's be on-going for something like 2 years now
Old Feb 13, 20, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Here are two more, that I put in the category of "this must not happen":
  • When making a booking for more than one person, the system first sends a ticket email ("Billet et informations pour votre voyage") for the first passenger, then a second email just a minute later with the first and second passenger, then another minute later a third email with the first, second, and third passenger, and so on (just got five emails as we were five people on the booking). Very very confusing - as I did call AF after receiving the first email to ask them what had gone wrong in the process and why the other passengers were "lost".
  • In the PNR view, when using the "receive a confirmation email" button next to the email address towards the top of the booking, no email with the confirmation is received. Again, there are workarounds (go through your inbox and search by PNR), but an airline not being abe to re-send a booking confirmation, that must not happen.
Old Feb 13, 20, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, AS, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
As mentioned on another thread, changing seats on one AF flight cancels the seat reservation on a connecting DL metal flight on the same PNR. Also you'll be allowed to change seats on a desktop web browser but not on the iPad app for some but not all flights with no apparent rhyme nor reason.
Old Feb 17, 20, 4:41 am
Original Poster

More "this mustn't happen" bugs:
  • On the website one cannot log in. Clicking on "My account" just jumps back to the home page. Impossible to access one's account and overview of bookings
  • On the iOS iPhone app, clicking on the seat number to change it leads to one of several errors (which one it ends up being seems a bit random)
    • The seat map is displayed, a new seat can be selected, but then on validation it says "technical error" and the old seat number is shown. When trying again, the seat previously selected now shows as occupied
    • The seat map doesn't even show
Old Feb 19, 20, 7:04 am

Programs: All:Gold FBlue:Silver
Originally Posted by San Gottardo View Post
More "this mustn't happen" bugs:
  • On the website one cannot log in. Clicking on "My account" just jumps back to the home page. Impossible to access one's account and overview of bookings
Hi,
Try to delete your cookies... It should work, until next time.
Old Feb 20, 20, 9:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
They keep jumping between all kinds of OAUTH domains and different hostnames for authentication, any kind of privacy cookie blocker for external websites or ....... will in 70% of the cases break the site, log you out again or just not load anything. It's an absolute mess on cross-site cookies and information being exchanged. It trips dozens of alarm bells on these tools. Using a few common privacy tools (uBlock origin, privacybadger and Firefox site containers) will make the KLM and Airfrance sites completely unusable.

Changing a flight online will more often not work either (no flights available or not possible in your booking class).

Least to speak of the 'new' booking tool that KLM now uses online, the old one was a "Everything visible in 1 overview, including full ticket cost", now you keep clicking back and forth to even get pricing for a ticket and switching between screens and huge buttons and expanding cells like it's an iPad app from 2005. I guess it needs to "look bling" even though usability has taken a massive hot.
Porcepic likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: