Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bugs on Airfrance.com and iOS apps - it's getting ridiculous

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2020, 6:48 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
On the iOS Ipad app when I try to select a seat the screen flips upside down when showing the seat map.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 1:49 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles&Smiles
FWIW, I shared my problems using the AF website with a call service agent earlier in January (broken booking engine and phantom upgrade availability), and he admitted that the website was working poorly and that they were aware of it. I told him that I ended up booking on the KLM site as it seems to be working better, and we agreed that this was not normal.

For the iOS part I've stopped keeping track of things that don't work as I find it strange that a basic feature like seat selection is, at best, flimsy.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I am sure that those of you who travel and have the iOS app (not sure for Android) have noticed this very annoying bug of the last release : when you close a BP in the app, it put the brightness of the screen close to zero.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I don't know if this is a bug or a voluntary action : it's not possible anymore to book a domestic flight with the weekend card fare with the app. Can I ask someone here who has the weekend card to check if you have the same problem (by doing a dummy booking) ? Thanks
Old Oct 19, 2020, 2:17 am

Programs: FB platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I don't know if this is a bug or a voluntary action : it's not possible anymore to book a domestic flight with the weekend card fare with the app. Can I ask someone here who has the weekend card to check if you have the same problem (by doing a dummy booking) ? Thanks
Indeed. I guess you're referring to the iOS app, but it's the same on the Android app: it is no longer possible to book a weekend fare in it (whereas on the website it works fine).
Old Oct 19, 2020, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
I was actually going to come back to this topic as over the past couple of weeks I was feeling that this must be the only app that actually makes steps backwards instead of improvements
  • The iPad app isn't an iPad app, it cannot be used in landscape mode
  • No possibility to book domestic trips with Carte weekend on the app (as mentioned by others)
  • No possibility of making a booking for child with Carte Jeune and accompanying adults in one PNR, but separately the child can only be booked as KIDS Solo
  • Very fequent seat map failures for AF-operated flights booked with KL number (no seat map shows)
  • Very frequent seat map failures for AF-operated flights operating as connecting flight from AMS after a KL flight
  • App logs out customer but still shows reservations that were shown when customer was logged in - takes a moment to figure that the app has not forgotten to show latest booking but simply requires new login
  • On website, when searching for flights not from the home screen results often show "there are no flights between those two cities" when in fact there are (yes, it's for cities which I know are servced, e.g. Paris-New York, Paris-Milan, etc)
  • iPhone screens goes to minimum background light after closing boarding card
  • Re-sending ticket function on the website: ticket not sent
  • And this is my absolute favourite, information on baggage allowance. You couldn't make this up yourself. They managed to get six (!) versions of information on baggage allowance for the same route, same cabin, same customer type; it all depends where you look it up and which passenger you look up. Air France seems to be afraid to be too consistent or predictable. Example: wife, daughter and myself flying on vacation; me in paid J, they on an award in J paid with my miles; all on AF flight number; longhaul flights operated by AF, short local hop operated by partner with only Y cabin; wife and I are Plat/C2k. The correct information would be "3 pieces checked-in, 2 pieces of hand luggage on AF longhaul in J, 1 piece of hand luggage on partner airline because it's a Y cabin": Here is what we get:
    • Me:
      • on iOS app: 2 pieces checked-in, 2 pieces hand luggage on outbound, 1 piece on return
      • on web: 2 pieces checked-in, 2 pieces hand luggage out and return; no mentioning of status, no possibility to buy additional allowance
      • on confirmation email: 3 pieces checked-in, 2 hand luggage on AF-operated flights, 1 hand luggage on partner-operated flights
      • on pdf ticket attached to above email: 2 pieces checked-in (never mentioning of hand luggage on ticket)
    • Wife and daughter:
      • on iOS app: 3 pieces checked-in, 2 hand luggage
      • on web: 3 pieces checked-in, 2 hand luggage on outbound, 1 hand luggage on return; mentioning of status for my wife; possibility to buy additional allowance of 1 piece for both
      • on confimation email: 3 pieces checked-in, 2 hand luggage
      • on pdf ticket attached to above email: 3 pieces checked-in
Pity. Used to be the best and my favourite airline app, and I was often fantasising about other airlines having something as good as AF (LX, do you read this?). Now it's a pain
Old Oct 20, 2020, 12:17 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
I am going to add 3 new ones (the last is the most bizarre):
- Payment fails most of the times for when I try change dates through the App. Prices are not the aligned with call center which is always cheaper.
- I got 2 vouchers of €0.01 and €0.03 when date changes were permitted and changes were free due to covid.
- Tried to book a reward ticket CDG-AMS-ATH through AF app, didn‘t work. Moved to KL, was quoted 22k and €45. Booked and tried to pay. Payement failed. Booking still saved with awaiting payment status. Then got an emsil confirmation where the tucket was issued as cash ticket instead (€278). At first I thought I did a mistake. Tried twice until I succeeded. Ended up with 3 cash bookings awaiting payments and one real reward ticket.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 7:00 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
The AF app is showing my return flight as cancelled, even though when I click through it says the flight that's cancelled is the one next day, even though I'm booked on the flight leaving the day earlier. And, indeed, that flight isn't operating the next day.

My online booking page shows the return is still occurring. And I can still purchase the itinerary on AF.com
Old Oct 26, 2020, 2:50 pm

AF app is graying out all seat options and isn't letting me select them for either AF or KL flights. KLM app works perfectly though...
It's also pricing out tickets 3x higher or with 30h+ itineraries despite the KLM app working as intended... the quality of the app has fallen drastically over the past year, I used to think if there was one thing AF did was it's apps. One of the first airlines to have a fully functional tablet app and even watch apps. And instead of progressing it's regressing....
Old Aug 11, 2021, 11:54 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
For my own sanity, can anyone tell me here if they are able to use the AF app in landscape on iPad? Mine has been stuck in Portrait for about 3 years now - this is such an easy fix that I wouldn’t believe it has not been fixed yet.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by offvoice
For my own sanity, can anyone tell me here if they are able to use the AF app in landscape on iPad? Mine has been stuck in Portrait for about 3 years now - this is such an easy fix that I wouldn’t believe it has not been fixed yet.
not 3 years, but I would say 2. It’s not a glitch so there is nothing to fix. They have abandoned the idea of a different iPad App. It is the same app between iPhone and iPad. The screen size is the only difference.
offvoice likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
There are so many glitches on PC and IOS that it is a disgrace.
bostontraveler likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by offvoice
I was upset about that as well in the past.

But to be fair, the "normal" (=computer, not mobile device) website is now designed in such a way that it becomes pleasant to use also on an iPad, in landscape mode. And in any case it offers more possibilites than the mobile version, and in some cases the mobile version shows wrong information or says that a functionality does not exist ( for instance "change your booking is no allowed for this fare" comes up for almost or all tickets, even for 100% flexible fares - but then it works without problem on the normal website). The mobile version is useful for checking in on the go and for generating Apple Wallet boarding passes.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Since yesterday on my 2 phones (iOS), I am experiencing a lot of auto logout on the AF app, and when logged-in, in the "my account" tab, the FB/flight history shows "no activity during the last 6 months".
On desktop site, everything is normal.
Anyone else ?
Old Nov 28, 2021, 6:25 am

Programs: FB:Plat ALL:Plat
Same here and also with KLM app have autologout feature enabled

Last edited by TonyHe; Nov 28, 2021 at 8:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.