Wiki Posts
Search

AF Orders 10 Additional A350s

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2019, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, SPG
AF Orders 10 Additional A350s

They seem happy with the performance. Will be A380 replacements and help accelerate A340 retirement.

Air France A350
caliform likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 1:31 pm

I can't wait to have more of those around, the 350 is so comfortable! Too bad they won't have La Premiere (as far as I understand), but it is what it is.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Great news indeed !
Old Dec 11, 2019, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
As indicated in the press release, the major signal is that A350 replace A380. This might be by a swa from A380 to 777 and from 777 to A350. But it follows the industry trend to use smaller ac.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 2:38 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Ultimate / Accor ALL Platinum / Hilton Diamond
Cool What would be the future of First class at Air France

But without replacing the 9 first class seats per A380, there will be 2/3 of all First class seats missing Everyday. Leaving around 30-40 First class passengers per day seems ridiculous and very expansive. But what is also annoying is that the most modern planes as the A350 and B787 which offer far more comfort for passengers than the noisy and less comfortable plane with an old air condition system which is absolutely not at level of A350 & B787, will not have First class seats. So restraining First class seats on old B777-300 planes and offer the best comfortable planes to Business, Premium Economy and Economy but not to First Class is absolutely not very First Class.
I hope that at least they will refresh all B777-300 and most of them will have first class seats, perhaps also some with 2 rows of First (so 8 seats) rather than 1 (so 4 seat).
Old Dec 12, 2019, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by GdB_Sky
I hope that at least they will refresh all B777-300 and most of them will have first class seats, perhaps also some with 2 rows of First (so 8 seats) rather than 1 (so 4 seat).
This is indeed the plan, but it is not yet 100% confirmed on AF side. But it won’t be “most of them” but rather “some of them”.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
This is indeed the plan, but it is not yet 100% confirmed on AF side. But it won’t be “most of them” but rather “some of them”.

I do not know how they will manage the transition with less P seats ....
My DXB flight in P has been transformed into a J ticket. I asked for a reimbursement and I am now booked on EK P which is shame because AF P product is better than EK to my eyes .
Old Dec 14, 2019, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by GdB_Sky
But without replacing the 9 first class seats per A380, there will be 2/3 of all First class seats missing Everyday. Leaving around 30-40 First class passengers per day seems ridiculous and very expansive. But what is also annoying is that the most modern planes as the A350 and B787 which offer far more comfort for passengers than the noisy and less comfortable plane with an old air condition system which is absolutely not at level of A350 & B787, will not have First class seats. So restraining First class seats on old B777-300 planes and offer the best comfortable planes to Business, Premium Economy and Economy but not to First Class is absolutely not very First Class.
We had that discussion in another thread.
AF has 19 77W (out of 43) with 4 F seats or 76 seats Of course, some a e in maintenance.
AF had 10 A380 with 9 F deats or 90 seats. They are rapidly disappearing. One has left the fleet already.
AF is retrofitting 12 COI 77W. with new J and W seats. First ac has been delivered already. It is extremely unlikely that they would suddenly include F seats in the ongoing retrofit.
That would leave the 12 "loisirs" 77W for a possible addition of F. Those birds have the antique NEV seats.

I don't see any chance that AF will add 8F seats to those birds, maybe 4???
As the COI birds are currently being retrofitted by AF, I don't see any chance that they will start the retrofit of the "loisirs" birds before they finish the COI birds.
That means that new birds with F seats won't appear before 2021 at the earliest.

As you said, F must be a very expensive proposition for AF. And it is not because they have 9F on A380 that they can fill them, especially with the mediocre hard product.
AF does offer more daily F seats that you mention because planes do more than one route per 24h. But it is still the case that AF must be losing a lot of money on F and that its major motivation is brand image.and advertising, maybe also pilots' demand. Whether that is still a reasonable expense with even fewer F seats on offer is a good question..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.