Best option for CDG lounge

Old Dec 14, 2019, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Best option for CDG lounge

Hi!

I'm flying MRS-CDG-LHR, first sector in economy, second in Business tomorrow. No FB status anymore.

I have Sky Priority on both boarding passes, but can I use the lounge in MRS?

I have a 4 hour connection in CDG, arriving 2F, departing 2E. What lounges can I use? I see there are lounges in 2F, and then three in 2E (K/L/M). Can I use them all if I wanted? 4 hours in one place will probably get old fairly fast. Can anyone on a J ticket use the Clarins for a treatment in the 2E lounges?

Is there anyway to tell if the LHR is leaving from K, L or M piers in advance? My bp just says 2E.

Thanks for any help!
Old Dec 14, 2019, 6:11 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Theoretically your flight could leave from K, L or M. However typically it would be K for LHR.

Unfortunately you cannot freely go between the K/L/M terminals. So your choices would be 2F or 2K (Likely). You could try both of these, but I would suggest staying in 2K: It will be closer to your departure gate, and most likely its going to be better than 2F as well.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
For MRS lounge, not sure but you can try. In case it doesn’t work, you won’t miss a lot. And MRS hall 3/4 is rather pleasant for waiting as there is a nice view on the apron and a lot of natural light.
For CDG, as said by Xandrios, you will likely leave from K (99%). Just go to K lounge don’t bother hopping around. You can register to the Clarins spa when you arrive in the lounge. But slots are taken quickly, so do it as soon as you arrive in the lounge.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Theoretically your flight could leave from K, L or M. However typically it would be K for LHR.

Unfortunately you cannot freely go between the K/L/M terminals. So your choices would be 2F or 2K (Likely). You could try both of these, but I would suggest staying in 2K: It will be closer to your departure gate, and most likely its going to be better than 2F as well.
I disagree with you.
This is true some years ago.

Many time I have meeting with some friends or coworker in other terminal (I mean inside the 2E (K-L-M)).
I just explain this to the security and the lounge staffs, and I never face a problem.

It is a "trick" you can use if the security give you a problem.
1- pass the security at your departing terminal (K-L-M),
2- it is a shuttles (multiple line) bus who run between terminals, take the one who go to terminal you want to go (the drop off are AFTER the security).
3- at the lounge, just say you come to meeting someone.

My preference go for the "M", but it is also the one who close early (and most of the time Clarins are out of "space" very early).

When you can enter the lounge. You can use the Clarins treatment (this is not related to your status or other).

Last edited by FBplatinum; Dec 14, 2019 at 11:19 am
Old Dec 14, 2019, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Great, thanks very much everyone for the info
Old Dec 14, 2019, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
So your choices would be 2F or 2K (Likely).
Do they let you into the lounge upon arrival in 2F if you have a connection in 2E? That's good to know. (I agree that all the 2E lounges are better, but it could be useful in some situations to stay in 2F for a while.) In my limited experience, I have always been redirected to the "correct" lounge at CDG (even from one side of 2F to the other), but maybe if you explain/insist a bit, they let you in after all.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by FBplatinum
I disagree with you.
This is true some years ago.

Many time I have meeting with some friends or coworker in other terminal (I mean inside the 2E (K-L-M)).
I just explain this to the security and the lounge staffs, and I never face a problem.

It is a "trick" you can use if the security give you a problem.
1- pass the security at your departing terminal (K-L-M),
2- it is a shuttles (multiple line) bus who run between terminals, take the one who go to terminal you want to go (the drop off are AFTER the security).
3- at the lounge, just say you come to meeting someone.

My preference go for the "M", but it is also the one who close early (and most of the time Clarins are out of "space" very early).

When you can enter the lounge. You can use the Clarins treatment (this is not related to your status or other).

Good to know. I know this was the case when lounges were being renovated but was not aware that the airside bus was still running between K-L-M. Although K is in worst shape, I would not think it worth the effort to hop lounges between terminals.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
For MRS lounge, not sure but you can try. In case it doesnt work, you wont miss a lot. And MRS hall 3/4 is rather pleasant for waiting as there is a nice view on the apron and a lot of natural light.
Originally Posted by shefgab
I have Sky Priority on both boarding passes, but can I use the lounge in MRS?
To answer my own question, I have access to the (acceptable) 3rd party lounge in MRS.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Originally Posted by Braniff
Good to know. I know this was the case when lounges were being renovated but was not aware that the airside bus was still running between K-L-M. Although K is in worst shape, I would not think it worth the effort to hop lounges between terminals.
If you have a correspondence of 4-5 hours (or more) it value the "effort".

I prefer use the M lounge (in morning and up to 14h), it is more calm and more place to rest.
After that, I prefer the L.

It is very easy go to K terminal (using the inter-terminal shuttle), the next stop after the M is the K (it take less time using the shuttle than go directly (no need to walk far, use train, pass the security). It take only few minutes.
From M go to L, is a little more long, because you must do the "big" tour with the shuttle.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.