Search

Got an email from "Travel Document"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Got an email from "Travel Document"

This morning I got an email from "Travel Document" ([email protected]) with the contents of our return trip's reservation (we booked departing and returning separately) and a link at the bottom to "check your trip online". As far as I know neither me nor my travel companion requested such an email to be sent. It also doesn't look like anything changed with our reservation at first glance per the AF website. Has anyone had this happen before and is it indicative of anything potentially wrong?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Marriott Gold / Hilton Gold / IHG Platinum ... A former AA Platinum
Amadeus is the ticketing engine that Air France uses ( along with many other airlines -- the other big one is SABRE)

If i look at my email, the emails generated by amadeus for Air France correspond to tickets I bought with the Platinum ticketing service -- some of them are awards. And no, there's nothing wrong with these emails. They just are not getting emailed from the @airfrance website pipeline.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tmiw
This morning I got an email from "Travel Document" ([email protected]) with the contents of our return trip's reservation (we booked departing and returning separately) and a link at the bottom to "check your trip online". As far as I know neither me nor my travel companion requested such an email to be sent. It also doesn't look like anything changed with our reservation at first glance per the AF website. Has anyone had this happen before and is it indicative of anything potentially wrong?
I just got 3 of these yesterday (same trip, 3 passengers) - it turns out it's because of a seat change, we got bumped back a few rows, so maybe check to see if that's the same for you?
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lily23
I just got 3 of these yesterday (same trip, 3 passengers) - it turns out it's because of a seat change, we got bumped back a few rows, so maybe check to see if that's the same for you?
I took a closer look and found a few differences compared to my original booking email:
  1. AF1017 (DUB-CDG) is now on an A320 instead of an A319, with an estimated arrival at 8:45 (vs. 9:00 before).
  2. AF72 (CDG-LAX) now leaves at 13:20 instead of 13:25 (arrival 16:05 instead of 16:10).
Anyway, they definitely should choose a better way to format/send change emails like that.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 2:29 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Yes agreed. Plus these messages are often sent as plain and encrypted mails while containing sensitive data.

I feel like with large changes they actually do send a AF-branded email informing the pax of the change. But perhaps since its such a minor update they just opted to have the GDS sent out an update. Still confusing though!
Old Sep 26, 2023, 6:27 pm

Unhappy Made purchase through Priceline, Got confirmation from ...amadeus

Got confirmation including seat selection (Paid extra of course) and now Priceline seems to know nothing about the seats. Don't know what to do next!
Suggestions? I have sent a "Reply" to itinerary@amadeus,com. " no response yet.
Thanks.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 11:44 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by sherrillsilver
Got confirmation including seat selection (Paid extra of course) and now Priceline seems to know nothing about the seats. Don't know what to do next!
Suggestions? I have sent a "Reply" to itinerary@amadeus,com. " no response yet.
Thanks.
Check on Air France website (assuming you bought Air France flights, since this is the forum we are in?).

Replying to the confirmation email won't help you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.