Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A way to book intra Europe business class?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
A way to book intra Europe business class?

I'm currently researching/pricing up a trip for my mom to fly La Compangie from Newark to Orly to join my wife and I on our trip. However, we are flying home out of Nantes. Mom is not an experienced traveler and would be better off flying NTE-ORY rather than taking the train.

The thing is - mom is a larger woman so I want to book her "Business class" where the middle seat is blocked. I just don't see that option on airfrance.us. Is it something that's only done for passengers connecting to a long haul itinerary? I know it can be done on BA ("Club Europe") but that doesn't help her get a quick nonstop.

Thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2019, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
There is no business class on domestic flights, only Y.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Goldorak
There is no business class on domestic flights, only Y.
Okay, thank you for clarifying.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by Gig103
Okay, thank you for clarifying.
Call AF and ask for 2nd seat at discounted price.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carnarvon
I don’t know what discounts airlines would give on an extra seat, perhaps other than not charging some taxes/fees, but it’s still probably cheaper than “business” class.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: FB platinum
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I don’t know what discounts airlines would give on an extra seat, perhaps other than not charging some taxes/fees, but it’s still probably cheaper than “business” class.
Well on (cheap) domestic flights 50-60% of the ticket price is taxes, so if you don't have to pay them, that's quite a discount
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Do they really do it on domestic flights?
I have tried but failed in the past.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:21 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I don't know about AF, but KLM sells a second seat with 25% discount. If the flight departs with one or multiple other unsold seats in the same cabin, you can then apply for a full refund of that second seat.

Basically they make you pay 75% of the second seat, but only if the flight is 100% fully booked.

..and yes, I have thought quite a few times of doing this when booking far out having low fares. It could be an amazing way to guarantee an empty extra seat for some extra comfort! I've never tried though..
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by brunos
Do they really do it on domestic flights?
I have tried but failed in the past.
Which kind of stupid logic can lead to a refusal? They don't pay pax related taxes, so discounting the seat comes at no expense for them.

Next time, try pretending it is for a musical instrument. Show up with some kind of large bag which you can then fold.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:43 pm

Which kind of stupid logic can lead to a refusal? They don't pay pax related taxes, so discounting the seat comes at no expense for them.

Next time, try pretending it is for a musical instrument. Show up with some kind of large bag which you can then fold.
Well, in this particular case OP would have to fit his mom in the larger bag. Kind of difficult...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.