Wi-Fi on Air France A380

Old May 21, 18, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Wi-Fi on Air France A380

I will soon be flying on AF Business Class in a A380 from CDG to North America. Should I expect to get inflight Wi-Fi? If yes, what is the speed that one can reasonably expect to get? Comparable to transatlantic flights on LH, SK? Also, is this available free of charge to non-status Business Class passengers? If not, how much does one have to pay?
Old May 21, 18, 11:56 am

There is no wi-fi on AFís 380s.
Old May 21, 18, 1:51 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by af fp View Post
There is no wi-fi on AFís 380s.
actually there is no WiFi on almost all AF planes. Only exception are the B787 (but at least one of them is grounded), and one or two B777s who serve as test planes. Speed is comparable to others, which means it varies depending on where the plane is, number of active users, and other factors. Prices are insultingly high though on AF.
Old May 22, 18, 3:58 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, BAEC Silver, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by San Gottardo View Post

actually there is no WiFi on almost all AF planes. Only exception are the B787 (but at least one of them is grounded), and one or two B777s who serve as test planes. Speed is comparable to others, which means it varies depending on where the plane is, number of active users, and other factors. Prices are insultingly high though on AF.
Insultingly high and also data capped which is even more insulting
Old May 23, 18, 6:46 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Iberia Silver
Originally Posted by puchong View Post
I will soon be flying on AF Business Class in a A380 from CDG to North America. Should I expect to get inflight Wi-Fi? If yes, what is the speed that one can reasonably expect to get? Comparable to transatlantic flights on LH, SK? Also, is this available free of charge to non-status Business Class passengers? If not, how much does one have to pay?
Not having wifi means you can turn on the out of office, sit back, relax and enjoy the flight 😂
obscure2k likes this.
Old May 23, 18, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by HalconBCN View Post
Not having wifi means you can turn on the out of office, sit back, relax and enjoy the flight 😂
You can also do that when there is WiFi on board.

Unless you are a slave to your device and feel that you have to use it only because itís possible. But then your biggest problem isnít WiFi on planes but your life on the ground, where there is connectivity everywhere and always and you wonít be able to switch off/disconnect/not reply to a call.
Old May 23, 18, 5:43 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
It's simply a disgrace that AF/KL doesn't offer Wifi onboard. Even the LCC Norwegian has free Wifi on board it's flights.
Old May 25, 18, 9:47 am
q

Originally Posted by KLBGO View Post
It's simply a disgrace that AF/KL doesn't offer Wifi onboard. Even the LCC Norwegian has free Wifi on board it's flights.
Very interesting. Free local WiFi should be quite easy. Are they also providing the satcom part for free? (If no ... then your statement above could be misleading)
Old May 26, 18, 5:37 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, BAEC Silver, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by q View Post
Very interesting. Free local WiFi should be quite easy. Are they also providing the satcom part for free? (If no ... then your statement above could be misleading)
It's free on all 737 flights (their longhaul fleet has not been equipped), which covers intra-Europe flights and US-Carribean flights, and will offer free wifi on their long-haul fleet once it is equipped. Row 44 equipped the 737 fleet with satelite internet a few years ago so i believe they only have a satelite connection.
Old Jun 10, 19, 10:14 pm

Any WiFi updates

Wondering If WiFi finally added on A380 AF65 Lax to Cdg ?
Old Jun 10, 19, 10:17 pm

Is this still true in 2019 ?
Old Jun 11, 19, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Dlynch0104 View Post
Wondering If WiFi finally added on A380 AF65 Lax to Cdg ?
Still no.
Old Jun 11, 19, 12:52 am

Crazy ..How in 2019 a long haul flight offers no WiFi options ?
Old Jun 11, 19, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by Dlynch0104 View Post
Crazy ..How in 2019 a long haul flight offers no WiFi options ?
While clearly WiFi is installed on more and more planes with more and more airlines, there still are many out there that do not offer it. The trend is there, but it's not yet the new normal. Air France doesn't have it on all planes, neither does KLM. British Airways, most planes don't have it. Alitalia, none. SAS, only on short haul I think. Cathay Pacifc, some planes. Airlines from Latin America, nothing. And so on...

I share your frustration, but those are the facts I am afraid.
Old Jun 11, 19, 2:41 am

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by San Gottardo View Post
While clearly WiFi is installed on more and more planes with more and more airlines, there still are many out there that do not offer it. The trend is there, but it's not yet the new normal. Air France doesn't have it on all planes, neither does KLM. British Airways, most planes don't have it. Alitalia, none.
Just a correction. Poor Alitalia has Wifi from Etihad era (or even before), I think on most wide body aircraft nowadays. Nothing to write home about, it's capped, and at least there is a minimal, free package for J / W passengers - https://www.alitalia.com/en_us/fly-a...-on-board.html

Search this Thread
Search Engine: