Wiki Posts
Search

AF Boarding priority/zone/process

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
AF Boarding priority/zone/process

I try to find information on the Air France boarding priority.
On Delta, the boarding is clearly explain (on the website).
I find only about Sky priority is boarding more early, but nothing more.
It is faster line than Sky priority ?
Old May 30, 2019, 2:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
SkyPriority is divided in 2 zones: Zone 1 (Business) and Zone 2 (non-business SkyPriority eligible pax). Zone 1 obviously boards before Zone 2. This was a great move by AF because when everyone was lumped into a single SkyPriority line, on flights like JFK-CDG the single line was very long.

OT: Why is it so hard to understand that even though one could be SkyPriority there could be at least 50 passengers in front of you? It's a common occurrence at JFK that just before boarding, the SP line is very long and latecomers cannot believe that the line is very long and try to cut in front of the line. Last time this happened, I looked at a couple who tried to cut in front of me and asked them if they understood that there were at least 70 passengers in Affairs. They said they had Priority over the Priority line. I kindly told them that if they were Ultimate, they had my sympathy and could stand in front of me (They were clueless about Ultimate) and also if they were flying in First Class and decided to go to the gate by themselves, I also had sympathy for them (They didn't know there was a class above Business). So they ended up cutting in front of someone else.
Old May 30, 2019, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SDQBound
OT: Why is it so hard to understand that even though one could be SkyPriority there could be at least 50 passengers in front of you? It's a common occurrence at JFK that just before boarding, the SP line is very long and latecomers cannot believe that the line is very long and try to cut in front of the line. Last time this happened, I looked at a couple who tried to cut in front of me and asked them if they understood that there were at least 70 passengers in Affairs. They said they had Priority over the Priority line. I kindly told them that if they were Ultimate, they had my sympathy and could stand in front of me (They were clueless about Ultimate) and also if they were flying in First Class and decided to go to the gate by themselves, I also had sympathy for them (They didn't know there was a class above Business). So they ended up cutting in front of someone else.
You are entirely right of course, but the usual problem every SP-eligible pax is facing all the time is that the SP lines are poorly checked and so it’s frequent to have 30-40% of non-eligible pax in this line, hence a frustrating experience and some pax trying to cut the line (not an excuse of course).
Old May 30, 2019, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SDQBound
SkyPriority is divided in 2 zones: Zone 1 (Business) and Zone 2 (non-business SkyPriority eligible pax).
Zone 1 is also for Ultimate, Club2000/Skipper irrespective of their class of travel.
Old May 31, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Goldorak

Zone 1 is also for Ultimate, Club2000/Skipper irrespective of their class of travel.
Yes, but at some stations they only put Zone 1 (Business) so that's why I put it that way, but you are totally right.
Old May 31, 2019, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
Will be write the same on my boarding pass if I use my AF Platinum or my Sky Miles (Delta) Diamonds, ( will, be write "Zone 2")
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by FBplatinum
Will be write the same on my boarding pass if I use my AF Platinum or my Sky Miles (Delta) Diamonds, ( will, be write "Zone 2")
Yes, it will show Zone 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.