Ipad pro on AF 1280 - 1st Paris- London AIR FRANCE

Old May 30, 19, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Angry Ipad pro on AF 1280 - 1st Paris- London AIR FRANCE

Ipad Pro on seat A1on board the Air France AF 1280

I have been trying to track it down for over a month now, AF have sent me around in circles! the latest is that it could have flown back to Paris and handed in lost property at Paris. OR the cleaners might have gone against protocal and picked it up : /

It has been registered on ever lost property site and the amount of people I have spoken to regarding this is ridiculous!

It was left on the plane seat...not lost! Air france are not accepting any responsibility!

Has anybody had anything similar happen to them and managed to solve it?

Eri
Old May 30, 19, 8:03 am

Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Yes , and i ran immediately back to the plane as soon as i realized it , and i was lucky enough that a FA noticed it before my hopeless brain

because after this , without any personnal identification on your item it will be hard to give it back to you if its stored in lost&found office

also its possible that another pax took it and never told anyone about it
Old May 30, 19, 10:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Over a month? I would assume it's gone. Claim it on travel insurance and get a new one.
irishguy28, SDQBound and mlin32 like this.
Old May 30, 19, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by Eri.Heather View Post
t was left on the plane seat...not lost! Air france are not accepting any responsibility!
You can’t be serious, right ? I fully understand your frustration but you cannot have AF being guilty for your loss. You’re the one to “blame”.
Old Jun 1, 19, 2:51 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Eri.Heather View Post
Ipad Pro on seat A1on board the Air France AF 1280

I have been trying to track it down for over a month now, AF have sent me around in circles! the latest is that it could have flown back to Paris and handed in lost property at Paris. OR the cleaners might have gone against protocal and picked it up : /

It has been registered on ever lost property site and the amount of people I have spoken to regarding this is ridiculous!

It was left on the plane seat...not lost! Air france are not accepting any responsibility!

Has anybody had anything similar happen to them and managed to solve it?

Eri
Cleaners gone against protocol? Of course, never... sigh.

This is a very realistic scenario. Unfortunately there is a very active trade in items "lost" on board as it is almost impossible to trace who has found what when and where. I once lost an Apple device on a plane. I managed to localise it. It first was on the plane at the gate where I disembarked. A couple of hours later in the middle of a social housing block in Bondy. Which as far as I know is not the storage place for AF or ADP Lost & Found.
Old Jun 1, 19, 3:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Most likely that some other passenger took it and it is long gone.

Unless one tapes a business card to items such as this, one simply has to accept that if you leave them lying around, one won't likely be reunited. All the more likely on micro-hauls such as this one where the aircraft went back to CDG and then on to any number of other segments before it ended its service for the day and was thoroughly cleaned.
Old Jun 1, 19, 3:45 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
Most likely that some other passenger took it and it is long gone.

Unless one tapes a business card to items such as this, one simply has to accept that if you leave them lying around, one won't likely be reunited. All the more likely on micro-hauls such as this one where the aircraft went back to CDG and then on to any number of other segments before it ended its service for the day and was thoroughly cleaned.
But this was an iPad. Apple devices have the possibility to put them in "lost mode", blocking all use and displaying a message that the device has been lost as well as a number where the owner can be reached. If the OP did that AND if the person who found it were honest the OP could have been contacted, at least as long as the device still had power/batteries weren't empty yet.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 19, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
"if the person who found it were honest"

That is true in the first 10 minutes. But, once the person who took it, left the airport, it's a fairly safe bet that they meant to steal it. It's been a month. So either the thing slid down somewhere really odd where it won't be found until the aircraft goes through a full overhaul or it got crushed and tossed, or someone has it.

Search this Thread